H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I bought a USA SPEC auxiliary input device so I could play the headrest DVD audio through the car speakers without FM modulation. I bought the USA SPEC SVG-707 located here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=617. The installation was very easy. It is all plug and play with no cutting or splicing. It gets its power from the harness itself. I mounted it in the console in front of the amp. The build quality was very good and I recommend this product.

I have the 05 touch screen NAV with the factory XM. When you install this device, you press the button with the CD on it (third one down) until RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) appears. You can mute the front speakers rear speakers or all speakers. What's more is that the kids can access the DVD sound through the RSA controls in the console.

You can hook up an Ipod, playstation or any other audio device through this. It is just like a factory part. The harness comes with an option to hook up two of these but at this time I am not sure how you toggle between the two. I am going to call Monday to find out.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I bought a USA SPEC auxiliary input device so I could play the headrest DVD audio through the car speakers without FM modulation. I bought the USA SPEC SVG-707 located here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=617. The installation was very easy. It is all plug and play with no cutting or splicing. It gets its power from the harness itself. I mounted it in the console in front of the amp. The build quality was very good and I recommend this product.

I have the 05 touch screen NAV with the factory XM. When you install this device, you press the button with the CD on it (third one down) until RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) appears. You can mute the front speakers rear speakers or all speakers. What's more is that the kids can access the DVD sound through the RSA controls in the console.

You can hook up an Ipod, playstation or any other audio device through this. It is just like a factory part. The harness comes with an option to hook up two of these but at this time I am not sure how you toggle between the two. I am going to call Monday to find out.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

So how do you get the Nav screen to display the movie? or can't you?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

Tim are you wanting to be able to play video on the factory nav? If so I may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

PhillyPhreak is off the scale

fever....can this be done?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

Pac audio has an interface designed to be used with a backup camera pn VCI-GM2. I have installed these on both the 2004 (mine) and 2005 touchscreen units. The Pac unit has a video input that overides the factory nav/stereo screen. Since the camera signal is coming through a standard rca cable when you switch it on the your video should play on the screen. There would be no sound with this but you should already have sound capability from your dvd setup ie headphones/fm modulator etc.
Maybe someone with more electronic knowledge could share there opinion whether this will work or not.Pac-Audio
Old 02-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

This is not a video interface just an audio interface. I was not pleased with the sound quality of the rear seat audio on the Vizualogic A1000 headrest DVD system. It uses a wireless FM modulator that introduced unwanted humming through the speakers. The USA Spec SVG-707 allows a direct connection of audio signals from a DVD, IPod etc. to play through the true AUX or DVD port. The result is a system that acts as if the factory installed it. In fact, it will act as though it is an Escalade with the rear seat DVD system. The kids have three options for listening to the the audio. One is the wireless headseats, through headphones plugged into the rear seat jacks or through the car speakers. I think, but I could be wrong, that the USA Spec unit is the only unit out there that does all of this and works with the factory XM.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

vette....I'm from Pa too. What dealer did you use? Did they throw in the dvd monitors at no charge? Did they take a lot off MSRP? I'm looking to buy this week and am just looking for a dealer who wants to move em.
Thanks in advance, Mike
Old 02-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I bought it from #1 Cochran in Monroeville, PA. The truck I bought did not have the factory installed DVD monitors. I bought the system new and installed it myself. I got a great deal on mine since I buy many cars there, I bought it on Dec 31st and I had $3095 in GM card points I could use.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

Monroeville Huh? I lived in Pittsburgh for two years....I just moved back to the Philly area.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhillyPhreak:
Monroeville Huh? I lived in Pittsburgh for two years....I just moved back to the Philly area. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't worry, I won't hold that against you.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fever:
Pac audio has an interface designed to be used with a backup camera pn VCI-GM2. I have installed these on both the 2004 (mine) and 2005 touchscreen units. The Pac unit has a video input that overides the factory nav/stereo screen. Since the camera signal is coming through a standard rca cable when you switch it on the your video should play on the screen. There would be no sound with this but you should already have sound capability from your dvd setup ie headphones/fm modulator etc.
Maybe someone with more electronic knowledge could share there opinion whether this will work or not.http://www.pac-audio.com/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I am lookin gto do, if not too costly, is to utilize the factory touch screen NAV as normal or watch the movie that is playing in the headrests, and when watching through the touch screen, i want the sound to be through all speakers too. Can this be done? It sound like their are a few options onthe audio part but what about the visual? Anyone done this yet?