H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!!! Another tech item from good ole' me. It's been a productive month.

I installed the Ramsey Remote Control unit tonight and it was a piece of cake. Of course the 20-30 minute install time took me 2 hours, but I wanted it done right. The first time.

Thanks to Alec for giving me the part number, 251201. This is for all warn winches. The pictures of the kit show extra wires that may throw you off and make you think it's a difficult install, but this is stupid simple. Besides, you get to throw away the extra wires.

Here's the instructions of how I did it.

I started off figuring the best places to put things. I guarantee you the antenna will not stay in this location. It was late and I didn't have the necessary junk to mount it elsewhere. I plan on moving it to the forward roof rack, or the roof rail, and mount it similarly to the CB I did.

Here you can see I ran the antenna cable through the marker light and down the A-pillar. Run the cable right up against the glass, not letting it fall off to the side. Some tape helps here.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

WOW!!! Another tech item from good ole' me. It's been a productive month.

I installed the Ramsey Remote Control unit tonight and it was a piece of cake. Of course the 20-30 minute install time took me 2 hours, but I wanted it done right. The first time.

Thanks to Alec for giving me the part number, 251201. This is for all warn winches. The pictures of the kit show extra wires that may throw you off and make you think it's a difficult install, but this is stupid simple. Besides, you get to throw away the extra wires.

Here's the instructions of how I did it.

I started off figuring the best places to put things. I guarantee you the antenna will not stay in this location. It was late and I didn't have the necessary junk to mount it elsewhere. I plan on moving it to the forward roof rack, or the roof rail, and mount it similarly to the CB I did.

Here you can see I ran the antenna cable through the marker light and down the A-pillar. Run the cable right up against the glass, not letting it fall off to the side. Some tape helps here.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

I mounted the control box under the fake intake. Just get a firm grasp, pull up and the thing will pull off. There are some of those funny damn clips that you lose when messing with GM products under there, but I didn't lose any.

Here you can see I attached the ground to the cowl screw. I put the ground between the screw head and the washer because the cowl is fiberglass, yet underneath is metal. This way it's grounded to the body.

I used "industrial strength" velcro to hold it in place. This way if I have to remove the cowl(for windshield replacement ) I can get to the screw easily.

You can see the antenna cable on the right.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

This is where I made all the connections. I removed the worthless airvent and hid all the connectins there.

Here you see the antenna connection and the control box in place.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

Just a pic of the winch cable routing to the control box. I zip-tied it to the existing battery cables and ran it next to the fuse box.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Hummer Messiah

Last pic.

Final connections in place.

Notice I used some "surface protectors" wherever the wires or cables crossed the metal.

This product is available many places for around $120 or so.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Last pic.

Notice I used some "surface protectors" wherever the wires or cables crossed the metal.

This product is available many places for around $120 or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The surface protectors cost $120?
Very nice work!

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walc:
Very nice work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut it, geezer.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Last pic.

This product is available many places for around $120 or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, good catch on the error.

The REMOTE cost is around $120. The surface protectors are available for a limited time from me.

Cost = $273.99 plus shipping.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

Good question, Phil. I have no idea. Look at what time my last post was and remember I'm on the East Coast. I went to bed and passed out.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Very nice work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut it, geezer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silence, Grace, Scott or whatever you are.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Last pic.

Very nice work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, good catch on the error.

The REMOTE cost is around $120. The surface protectors are available for a limited time from me.

Cost = $273.99 plus shipping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they will sell for that on eBay.

2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I did the same install a couple years ago, (remote control/Big Z search for pics if ya like, (Warning if ya search though--geezer stuff!)) and like the antenna under the hood myself.

How's it look on the rig?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

I'll get a pic of it later. It's not where it will remain. I'm going to move the antenna to the rack rail I think.