H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I did a search on this, but didn't see any pics of one. Do any of you have an xbox installed in the back seat? Were having the 9" headrest monitors installed and would like to be able to let the kids play xbox also, but we're not sure how or where to mount it. The cup holder fold-down would be nice, but not quite deep enough to hold the unit. Has anyone done any mods to the fold-down or have any pics they could post of placement on theirs or just thoughts? They're starting work now and should have the truck done by tuesday so we have time to make changes. We're thinking about some kind of bracket system on the floor for now so atleast it will be stable while driving.
Thanks
69 Chevelle SS
Old 06-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I did a search on this, but didn't see any pics of one. Do any of you have an xbox installed in the back seat? Were having the 9" headrest monitors installed and would like to be able to let the kids play xbox also, but we're not sure how or where to mount it. The cup holder fold-down would be nice, but not quite deep enough to hold the unit. Has anyone done any mods to the fold-down or have any pics they could post of placement on theirs or just thoughts? They're starting work now and should have the truck done by tuesday so we have time to make changes. We're thinking about some kind of bracket system on the floor for now so atleast it will be stable while driving.
Thanks
69 Chevelle SS
Old 06-27-2005, 12:34 PM

H2Newbie2! is off the scale

I have one in mine for the "kids". I placed it under the seat, which is no big deal because I have a modded XBox wth my games all on a hard drive so I do not need the DVD's. But even if you need to pop the tray open there is plenty of room to mount it under the seat and back a little so the tray does not hit anyones feet.

I wouldn't mount it on the tray in the seat in case you ever want to drop your seat down or haul anything...would be a hassle.

I have a XBox, DVD player and VCR all mounted under the seat. No problems. I have four kids so they are always using it. I also had it wired so that they could watch each seperately and use wirless headphones...very nice feature!

I also use wireless controllers for the XBox, they work great in the vehicle and can be used in the thrid row as well.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Thanks H2Newbie, I think thats probably the best spot for it. I honestly hadn't thought about not being able to drop the seat if we modified the tray. Good point! We have will have exactly the same system without the VCR. I'm excited to not have to moderate fights in the back seat when its done! How did you load the games onto the hard drive? That would sure be a great way to go. No dvd's all over the floor getting scratched! Do you happen to have a picture ? If not, no big deal and thanks for the info!!
Oh also do you ever have a problem with your xbox heating up under there?
Thanks!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 06-27-2005, 01:53 PM

H2Newbie2! is off the scale

I can get a pic...

The Xbox is located right at the center of the bench seat and fits perfectly between the seat brackets. The DVD/VCR is right next to the XBox on the Drivers side.

You can find "modded" XBox's on the internet with a hard drive already installed. Software can be found the copy's the DVD to the hard drive and is legal as long as you own the DVD. Just makes it a little easier...

You can adjust the system fan to disperse the heat better. I have the fan on full so I really have no problem. The kids have played for hours at a time and never had an issue.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:03 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

^ was about to recommend the same.