H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Hummer Novice

chasers is off the scale

I purchased a lux back in July and love it, however, I have 'adventure' envy. I would love to replace the stock 32's with 33's, but do not want to hrow the speedo off (however slightly).

Is there a way to report the correct diameter to the BCM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Hummer Novice

chasers is off the scale

I purchased a lux back in July and love it, however, I have 'adventure' envy. I would love to replace the stock 32's with 33's, but do not want to hrow the speedo off (however slightly).

Is there a way to report the correct diameter to the BCM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:31 AM

Highlander is off the scale

I had 33 inch tires but on my base model by the dealer at the time of purchase.I kept have the tire pressure monitor light up the first week and took it back for service. They said they thought it was fixed but it still keeps going off. I know they said this was common during cold winter months when you first start driving,but mine keeps being activated even after i have been driving a while.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

I was told that there is no adjustment needed to go to 33inch tires.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by highlander:
I had 33 inch tires but on my base model by the dealer at the time of purchase.I kept have the tire pressure monitor light up the first week and took it back for service. They said they thought it was fixed but it still keeps going off. I know they said this was common during cold winter months when you first start driving,but mine keeps being activated even after i have been driving a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably need to reprogram the TPM sensors to their new locations. There are instructions in the owner's manual.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by highlander:
I had 33 inch tires but on my base model by the dealer at the time of purchase.I kept have the tire pressure monitor light up the first week and took it back for service. They said they thought it was fixed but it still keeps going off. I know they said this was common during cold winter months when you first start driving,but mine keeps being activated even after i have been driving a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you checked your cold air tire pressure; meaning the tires have not been driven on for over three hours and the coldest part of the day?
If the tire pressure is low, the sensors will go off, and if really low, warming the tires while driving will not increase pressure enough.
Only common if someone does not adjust air pressure on a cold tire as the weather gets colder.

chasers: Don't believe there is an adjustment for the BCM; not sure, never checked with the Tech 2. If it does it will be minimal. Besides, my speedo is running two mph under and that fits into Fed Regs.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

I also added the 33s when I purchased mine...
I think the truck looks twice as mean with them as with the 32s... I have had no problems at all and they look killer!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:40 PM

Highlander is off the scale

I was really monitoring the tire pressure closely for the first week before i took it back to the dealer. I took it to the dealer on friday and it appears to have been fixed. He said they had to re-adjust the pressure monitor for the larger 33 inch tires. He also strongly suggested to rotate the tires every 7500 miles or they would wear out alot quicker. I love the 33 inch tires and i agree that they really improve the appearance of the H3 but they are starting to get to be a pain in the butt !!!