H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Hi to all, I'm new... 3 questions before I make my purchase.
About to purchase new '05 H2 SUV - Lux

Q.1. Do I need air suspension for load leveling if I plan to carry 1000 pounds in the back with 2nd row seats down once a week. Or is the regular suspension sufficient. I do not plan to off-road, beside dealer sponsored events.

Q.2.Any complaints from friends who ride in back seat of an H2 with sunroof because of the lack of headspace and if so, is there a way to permanently make the back seat slightly reclined a few degrees. I am 6 feet and when sitting upright in the back, my head was touching the ceiling. I am seriously thinking of not getting the sunroof b/c of this problem. (all comments welcome).

Last questions, hate the fact that can't play CD with the NAV system on, so can I get an aftermarket system that meets my needs and still use steering wheel controls for volume, etc.. or is there a way to get a separate cd changer attatched to system - which is better??

thanks for your advice and comments - sorry for any sp mistakes.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Hi to all, I'm new... 3 questions before I make my purchase.
About to purchase new '05 H2 SUV - Lux

Q.1. Do I need air suspension for load leveling if I plan to carry 1000 pounds in the back with 2nd row seats down once a week. Or is the regular suspension sufficient. I do not plan to off-road, beside dealer sponsored events.

Q.2.Any complaints from friends who ride in back seat of an H2 with sunroof because of the lack of headspace and if so, is there a way to permanently make the back seat slightly reclined a few degrees. I am 6 feet and when sitting upright in the back, my head was touching the ceiling. I am seriously thinking of not getting the sunroof b/c of this problem. (all comments welcome).

Last questions, hate the fact that can't play CD with the NAV system on, so can I get an aftermarket system that meets my needs and still use steering wheel controls for volume, etc.. or is there a way to get a separate cd changer attatched to system - which is better??

thanks for your advice and comments - sorry for any sp mistakes.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is an add-on CD changer that works fine with the factory NAV unit:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=647
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

KorkedBatz is off the scale

I wasnt sure about getting the sunroof in my 05 lux suv, but not that i got it I wouldnt have it any other way. Very sweet!!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:19 AM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

I, too, am curious how useful the air suspension package is.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If you plan on putting any weight on or in the rear, get the air. It simply corrects the sag created by the additional weight and will make the truck handle better.

The top on the non-sunroof H2s is the same as ones with the sunroof. I am not completely sure about the ceiling but I checked into getting a double sunroof and I don't remember it cutting down on headroom.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Thanks to the quick responses.

Still curious if an aftermarket NAV/stereo/DVD/CD/XM unit could use the controls on the steering wheel? has anyone tried it. The main advantage is that there are many aftermarket units that have bluetooth and I would love to use my stereo as a hands free. --- by the way thanks Klaus, that is a great link and solution to be able to have cd playing while using NAV with the stock RDS.

The dealer seems to be scaring me away from the air suspension, saying i don't need it, it will that the bags will go bad after a while b/c of lack of use and it will sit like those old lincolns use too, that it makes more noise, i just think it's cause he doesn't have any lux packages with the air.

Still wondering if anyone had problems with lack of space b/c of sunroof in the rear seat and if there is a way to get them slightly reclined, b/c there is a little more headroom available if they were reclined the bump in the ceiling ends just where my head hits now.

thanks again

off topic, what are the best ways to get more power out of this beast without voiding warranty???
Old 06-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The comments from the dealer about the bags is just stupid. I've had basically the same setup on my Denali for nearly 5 years with no problems. I also will have had the air on my H2 for 3 years in a little over a month and have had no problems that programming updates didn't take care of.

As far as the steering wheel controls, there are products like this one out there.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:22 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
The comments from the dealer about the bags is just stupid. I've had basically the same setup on my Denali for nearly 5 years with no problems. I also will have had the air on my H2 for 3 years in a little over a month and have had no problems that programming updates didn't take care of.

As far as the steering wheel controls, there are products like this one out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto
Old 06-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Blondie is off the scale

One of the dealers I spoke with last week said that when it comes to resale people will be looking for 3 things -- air suspension, nav and sunroof. Granted, if he can sell it this way he makes more money, but they are nice additions. The air suspension does seem to make a difference in the ride; just ask LoLo!

Money may not buy happiness, but it makes a nice down payment!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

I don't know WHY -- or whether it simply a "newer" thing -- but Blondie's '05 (with air suspension) certainly rides better than my '03 without...

I would say that as far as resale, Blondie has it right... go for the nav, air and sunroof, if you can.

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 06-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Lolo,

Of course Blondie has it right!

Okay, one other note on air suspention. While it won't increase your ground clearance at all, if yo0u are off roading, it will raise the rear end of the body up a couple of inches higher than its normal stance.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the air. When you trade it, you lose very little of the original cost compared to other options. Besides, it's nice when offroad. That extra clearance is great to have.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 PM

glennc is off the scale

I got my '05 with NAV, air susp. and a sunroof for the reasons listed above. I wouldn't have it any other way. I am 6'3" with no head room problems (though I am usually the driver). I had a six disk CD changer added to the factory NAV sterio and all controls still work as designed from the factory. Very nice! I can now use the NAV and listen to CD's at the same time. This is how it should come from the factory.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Thanks for all the responses, made my decision and now looking for the best dealer to order from. I am getting the Lux with the Nav, air suspension, and sunroof
Oh and by the way, just was blessed with a baby boy yesterday!

Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to the new addition! Now, show him what an H2 can do!

'03 H2
Old 07-02-2005, 10:02 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats! i'll get the opp to find out what mine is july 7th. can't wait!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Congratulations on your '05 model(s) -- your son, AND the new rig!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glennc:
I had a six disk CD changer added to the factory NAV sterio and all controls still work as designed from the factory. Very nice! I can now use the NAV and listen to CD's at the same time. This is how it should come from the factory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What CD changer did you install? I am going to want to do that to my new H2... coming soon!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 07-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Singh:
The dealer seems to be scaring me away from the air suspension, saying i don't need it, it will that the bags will go bad after a while b/c of lack of use and it will sit like those old lincolns use too, that it makes more noise, i just think it's cause he doesn't have any lux packages with the air.

Still wondering if anyone had problems with lack of space b/c of sunroof in the rear seat and if there is a way to get them slightly reclined, b/c there is a little more headroom available if they were reclined the bump in the ceiling ends just where my head hits now.

off topic, what are the best ways to get more power out of this beast without voiding warranty??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you have already made your decisions but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. My dealer didn't like the air units either saying that if the battery goes dead, the read of the truck sits down too low to be driven . . . which OBVIOUSLY you can't do with a dead battery anyway. But they order very few of them, but I got it anyway and think it's great.

I definately have the headroom problem with my 6'6" son in the back seat but hey, it's not his H2.

As far as performance under warrenty, check back with me later. I (perhaps foolishly) had my dealer install the Hypertech Performance Turner on mine. It was just done 2 days ago so I don't have any results yet. Since the dealer sold it to me and installed it, they said it would not void the warranty but I can't tell you yet if it makes any difference. My sales guy said it would increase my mpg but the service guy said it would only increase performance. Ask me later and I'll tell you what I think.
David
Old 07-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

Hey DrG, please let us all know how the Hypertech is working out. Both seat of the pants and if you do any timed studies. As far as your son, he's a big boy, check into hardware that lets you recline the seats. I saw some in another part of this forum. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll have a look.