H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-17-2005, 06:10 PM

4churchill is off the scale

Is anyone else here addicted to their Blackberry. I'm on my third one, with my third carrier, but I think Ive finally found the best one. I use the 7290 from Cingular, and it has everything, plus Bluetooth. The Bluetooth is kick-ass and I use the Motorola HS-810 ear piece with it.....I can't imagine doing business with out it, I think it should be called a Crackberry b/c its addicting

www.HUMMERNut.net

Is anyone else here addicted to their Blackberry. I'm on my third one, with my third carrier, but I think Ive finally found the best one. I use the 7290 from Cingular, and it has everything, plus Bluetooth. The Bluetooth is kick-ass and I use the Motorola HS-810 ear piece with it.....I can't imagine doing business with out it, I think it should be called a Crackberry b/c its addicting

www.HUMMERNut.net

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a Blackberry....It sucked!

Bought an Samsung(Bluetooth enabled)....It rocks! The camera/vid and Messenger option is cool. Just the other day waiting in the dentist's office, I watched Paris giving a blowjob!
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Just the other day waiting in the dentist's office, I watched Paris giving a blowjob! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you wouldn't have to worry about your wood poking up while reclining in the dentist chair.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my partner to do that Samsung unit. It's pretty cool. I had a Seimens unit last, and now have an Ipaq myself. The detachable keyboard is nice and I prefered it to the Samsung for that reason. No need to use the stylus if I don't want. It's bluetooth and WIFI, it's got Windows, has a camera, all the Microsoft programs like word, excel, media player, ie, etc. I keep a gig memory card in it with lots of music, etc. Way cool. Best unit I've had. Better than the Siemens Pocket PC and the Nokia Communicator.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think hell just froze over! RIM (Blackberry) is a Canadian company!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

Samsung has all those features too. Except the keyboard.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think hell just froze over! RIM (Blackberry) is a Canadian company! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! I didn't know that! All knowing Klaus.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 PM

I tried Palm Treo 600 for a while, and it had no wifi, no bluetooth, so it sucked, and also it doesnt have push email like bb, so I couldnt even get my Gmail. can you atleast log on and get gmail on these other devices?

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 01-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
I have a treo 600 and so far love it! The ability to get the email, web, and the palm organizing softwares are great. The only thing so far is the camera sucks, but oh well I can now read all my PM's at work

S <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here Seth,

Most of my replys or posts are directly from my pocket pc nowadays.

Unfortunately, the screen is too frickin small to do any decent surfin.
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

I have a Treo 600, I got the Monster FM Transmitter and a Verizon Car mount, mounted it on the right side of the Nav and the Treo fits in perfectly and the bottom of the mount has enough room for the power cord or the FM jack...great to play my MP3s through the car stereo when not listening to XM ( i haven't screwed w/ CDs as I dont want to keep pulling the DVD for the NAV in and out )

eventually I'll probably upgrade to a Portable Media Center device to sync w/ my Media Center PC and ALL My MP3s ( when they become wifi enabled and have bigger drives )
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2005, 02:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

I just got the Treo 650 & love it so far. It's cool to be able to access the forum from it, although I wonder how difficult it would be to have a mirrored site to this one that was mobile friendly?
Old 02-22-2005, 03:41 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Tully: I don't believe that's a Treo 600 you are showing. This is a Treo 600 below.

Blackberry: My wife is on her second Blackberry [provided and serviced by her aerospace employer] and they have both worked flawlessly for her all over the country.

Treo 650: I had two Treo 650s [serviced by a professional technician] and had nothing but trouble with them. Each lasted about two days. I threw the second one at the technician and told him to give me back my cell phone. The Treo 650 features seemed fabulous, but they were unreliable. For example, I couldn't open PDF attachments. I may try the 650 again in 6 to 9 months when the technology is de-bugged. I'm glad MMayo is having a good experience with his.

George
Attached Images

Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 02-22-2005, 04:26 AM

since ive switched from my blackberry to my 650 ive had to replace my 650 once. i am happy with it now. i am however considering switching to the 7100g blackberry as it will be available very soon from cingular.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

Sorry for the confusion...that pic was not meant to be the TREO but the phone holder...the treo fits PERFECTLY in that exact phone holder, i mounted it to the size of my TSN and w/ the FM Transmitter, I dont use CDs anymore ( didn't want to have to remove the NAV disc constantly anyway )
Old 02-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

Adam,

I hope you're just kidding about the 6315, it's the slowest of the PPC PE devices out there, not to mention B/T profile issues, calls going to VM, etc. TMo can't even sell these after the initial honeymoon. The ONLY thing it has going for it is the good battery life, at the expense of processor speed naturally.

For a device in this category, the best performance is probably the HTC "Blue Angel", which is branded as XDA III / MDA3 / PDA2K / SX66 / Qtek9090 (forgot what Verizon calls theirs). The slide-out KB is much better than the clip on from HP. I had the SX66 for awhile and decided size matters, so I ended up getting the imate JAM.

As for the 6315, it has been one of the most problematic PPC-based devices I have deployed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got my partner to do that Samsung unit. It's pretty cool. I had a Seimens unit last, and now have an Ipaq myself. The detachable keyboard is nice and I prefered it to the Samsung for that reason. No need to use the stylus if I don't want. It's bluetooth and WIFI, it's got Windows, has a camera, all the Microsoft programs like word, excel, media player, ie, etc. I keep a gig memory card in it with lots of music, etc. Way cool. Best unit I've had. Better than the Siemens Pocket PC and the Nokia Communicator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

Ok, gotta question bout bluetooth headsets.....I have the Palm Treo 650 & bought the Jabra Freespeak 250 which had good reviews...problem is when I use it there is constant crackling, anyone else have experience with bluetooth earpieces? Is this a problem with my earpiece or my phone?