H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

TheBoyNextDoor is on a distinguished road
Default Vizualogic Problem

Ive got the headrest and dvd player that came with my H2, problem is that when I use the remote, it turns on the monitor and works with all the controls for the monitor but will not do anything for the dvd player, i have to open the console box to access the dvd player and press the play button. has anyone ever had this problem ? and what was the fix for it ?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vizualogic Problem

get the pac audio ir-x

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRoberts123
get the pac audio ir-x

what is that ?

explain please.............
Old 09-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyNextDoor
what is that ?

explain please.............

Two thing.. either re-locate the DVD somewhere where you can aim the remote at it.... or what he said earlier pac- ir x Then you won't have to re-locate it at all. Its a little ir eye that operates the remote by aiming at it without opening your console box. I have the Vizualogic dvd system in my truck as well, but my dvd player is built into my headrest with my 9" monitors.
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

I dont know why Hummer would include a DVD unit that needs to be in line of sight with the player thats in the console box.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road

I can control the DVD with the remote pointed at the monitors. I think that one of the monitors is the master and needs to be turned on. There is an ir reciver on the monitor that controls the DVD. By the way I have the factory DVD system in mine as well.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim
I can control the DVD with the remote pointed at the monitors. I think that one of the monitors is the master and needs to be turned on. There is an ir reciver on the monitor that controls the DVD. By the way I have the factory DVD system in mine as well.

I just went out and tried it but it doesnt seem to work, any suggestions ? I know the remote works, when I aim it at my camera phone I can see the IR flashing so I know it works.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale

I have the same system with the DVD in the console. It should work by pointing at the headrest screens. Console door should not need to open. I know that in the center console, below the dvd player (underneath the tray) there are alot of wires and I believe one of them was a IR control wire. It is possible that it came unplugged not allowing the commands to be sent to the dvd player. I will look at mine tonight, and the manual, and see if there are any settings that might be off.

Important questions.
1. Did the system ever work properly?
2. Did you do any work to your H2 that may have knocked the wires off?
3. Did you lose power to your vehicle for an extended time? (dead
battery)
Old 09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale

Checked mine and it comes on when you push the AUX DVD Power button on the remote. Monitors turn on by a separate monitor power button. After checking my system and the manual, I found no settings that can be changed for this feature.

If the system worked fine before I would try the following:
1. Change batteries in the remote.
2. Then try the DVD power from in front of the left monitor then the right
monitor. This way you can see if it is only one side causing the
problem.
3. If you have no luck you can remove the rear air vent/radio control panel from the center console, and unscrew and carefully lift out the the center console tray that the DVD is in. Be very careful doing this though because of the MANY RCA cables that might be pulled loose. Once you do this a few inches down on the cable that comes from the DVD you will see a thinner wire (smaller then the rest). This wire should have a jack like the ones you plug your headphones into on the top of an Ipod. This is the IR repeater wire. There should be another wire plugged into this jack. If not locate the male end and plug it in. If it looks plugged in, take it in and out a few times to make better contact (not being perverted), and try the remote again. If this doesn't work the DVD player IR receiver may have went bad causing the problem.

If you are good with wiring, Vizualogic will provide a schematic of the system for you, and there tech service is good and may be able to walk you through the troubleshooting.

Good luck.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzz
Checked mine and it comes on when you push the AUX DVD Power button on the remote. Monitors turn on by a separate monitor power button. After checking my system and the manual, I found no settings that can be changed for this feature.

If the system worked fine before I would try the following:
1. Change batteries in the remote.
2. Then try the DVD power from in front of the left monitor then the right
monitor. This way you can see if it is only one side causing the
problem.
3. If you have no luck you can remove the rear air vent/radio control panel from the center console, and unscrew and carefully lift out the the center console tray that the DVD is in. Be very careful doing this though because of the MANY RCA cables that might be pulled loose. Once you do this a few inches down on the cable that comes from the DVD you will see a thinner wire (smaller then the rest). This wire should have a jack like the ones you plug your headphones into on the top of an Ipod. This is the IR repeater wire. There should be another wire plugged into this jack. If not locate the male end and plug it in. If it looks plugged in, take it in and out a few times to make better contact (not being perverted), and try the remote again. If this doesn't work the DVD player IR receiver may have went bad causing the problem.

If you are good with wiring, Vizualogic will provide a schematic of the system for you, and there tech service is good and may be able to walk you through the troubleshooting.

Good luck.

thanks for the info I will try that tomorrow.