H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a camper for the H3

I found a 2007 funfinder 18.9 foot front queen bed/couch with slide out.
I should get it in a couple weeks.
I got a deal from a place in Indiana.

Dry weight is 3240 lbs am/fm/cd/dvd(need to buy a tv)outside speakers,outside shower sleeps 6 wood floors .Sweet unit
I have been looking for months for the right trailer.

Anyone towing a camper useing a sway bar,If so what type?.
I was told I could do without one or get a 1 sided sway bar due to its a lite unit.

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale
Default Re: Getting a camper for the H3

Nice little camper, not sure about all that red though.. How much did it cost? I am stuck on BigFoot Campers; theyre all I've owned and are built in Canada to stand up to the extreme conditions we face up here. Problem is they are very pricey. I want to get another Bigfoot 25B175G, which it shows on their website being towed by, yes it's true, an H3. Check it out here..http://www.bigfootrv.com/traveltrailers/2500.html

Congrats on the nice camper..
Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks great! How many of you will be traveling with it? We've been thinking about a trailer, too.

Are you getting it from an Ebay dealer? If so, I'd like to know how they are to work with and which one.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

That is a cozy unit. Efficient layout and the panel doors are nice. How does the double axle go on the toll roads?
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Hummer Guru

Im paying $11,980.00 and im having it shipped for $994.00 700+ miles from Indiana.
Even with the shipping its a good deal I have been searching all winter for this unit .I like the slide out

Not ebay I found it on one of the online trailer sights(I think it was RV trader)

Double axle on toll roads might cost a bit more but I have EZpass so whats a couple of bucks.
The 2 axles will track better when Im pulling down the beach 2 miles.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Hummer Guru

The outside pic with the slider out was from a 08.

I had to use pics from another one on ebay as the pics of my unit didnt copy ?
the interior pics are from a 07.(Same color )

Also it looks like the old owner removed the fun finder X from the front and side and maybethe back. the dealer checking it for me tommorrow.

Not as poping with the logos off. (My wife was like were are the logos I like them

Below is a pic of a 07
Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

trailerpup is on a distinguished road

Here's how I roll...
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Hummer Guru

The airstreams very nice/sleek/shiny but more then double the $$$.
In not big on the layout.
I wanted seperate bowl/shower ,sink and skylight in the bathroom , a out side shower/speakers ,A couch instead of dinette and a queen regular mattress that could be left made.2 axles for the beach it also has air ride suspention.
Had everything I wanted except no oven(alot of smaller units dont have a oven?)
The micro is also a convection
Its mostly for my wife and I (and boo my american eskimo )I can fit 6 if needed.

Trailer pup: whats the dry weight of your trailer(16 foot bambi right?), Do You use a sway bar if so what type.
Also do you have factory hitch or aftermarket ? whats the drop ?
Thanks

Last edited by fourfourto : 03-06-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Like the trailer. Does to opposite side have a swing out awning?
Curious about the EZ Pass do you know what the multiplier is for 2 axles over 1?
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

homeboy is on a distinguished road

that is a sweet trailer,but i was wondering how well your h3 will tow it.i have a 6x12 enclosed trailer that i haul my snowmobile in,h3 with 1-5 has a pretty hard time with it.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Yes it has a retractable 12 foot awning(I think I will screen it in at some point)
I dont know the difference in price for 2 axles.How much more could it be , I assume theres a reader at the toll I find out when I get the first bill.
(I do know on the beach 4 airdowned wheels will spread the load better)

Trailer pup might give insight to how well his tows ? Ill take it easy

I figured fully loaded with water tanks fully loaded with supplys I should come in under 4,000 Lbs.
I might add a generator and maybe a motorcycle carier on the back for my wifes honda CM250 it only weighs 270 Lbs My CX650 is about 500Lbs and a little bulky.

Name:  cx250c.JPG
Views: 1140
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  cx650c.JPG
Views: 1076
Size:  52.3 KB
Old 03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Hummer Guru

@4,000 you are well within the parameter of 4500lbs that they give for limit on the 06 with the 3.5 I5. If you load balance properly and understanding GM's practice of understating limits you should be fine...
Hauling On those long uphills I would definitely head for the right lane.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Hummer Guru

I figure Ill start off with about 3,700 to 3,800Lbs including water and normal camping stuff.
Add generator Ill be closer to $4,000
Still room for the bike

Im looking for a 19 inch HD wide screen tv it has to fit a 18 wide 15 high opening. Any Ideas?
Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

trailerpup is on a distinguished road

My Airstream is 3000 pounds. I have stabilizer hitch and have add-a-leafs on the rear of my H3. I am not setting any speed records, but the H3 pulls fine off the line and holds highway speeds well. Sometimes I shift into 3rd on steep hills. The H3 has lots of torque and feels very solid pulling the trailer. I got the Airstream only because I could afford it. I hear you about the layout, though. It sounds like you are pretty jazzed!! Pull it like a sane person and you will have many fun outings!!

Oh yeah. I have Reese Equalizer/Stabilizer hitch. Takes care of 2 birds with one grenade. No tail waging the dog. Drop is adjustable with these things. I have 3 inches of lift in the rear of my H3 so it would probably be different than yours. It is 16ft Bambi CCD. My H3 has the towing package. I use a Prodigy brake controller.

Last edited by trailerpup : 03-08-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Thanks TP ,I find on a steep hill I sometimes go down to 3rd even without the trailer.

Did you bring the bambi on the beach ?

Glad to here its towing good.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Im sending balance of payment tomorrow overnight,then they will prep it ,re winterize it and send it on its way .
Im hoping for delevery next wed (Im off for a few days that week)

I measured my ball height and looks like I'll need a 4 inch drop with the aftermarket hitch,when I get the camper and add the swaybar i'll know for sure.

Heres a link to the trailer (they posted it sold )

http://www.indianarvdealership.com/vehicles.php?cmd=detail&vin=5RXTA182371012473&sid= 81172866e9a697674f1aae7585d569b6&make=Fun%20Finder &model=189fbs&new=0

Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Hummer Guru

The camper was delivered on wed ,I was setting it up the last couple days.
We camped out last night 20 degree's (on my property mostly to get the dog use to it) and watched I Am Legend .

The reception of the antenna was excellent and the digital signal was as clear as cable.

Anyway my Question

When towing down the beach(apx 2 miles) what PSI do I air down to in the RV ?.

I just ordered another set of No Loss Tyre Caps,and wont be going to the beach for another month or so.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Hummer Guru

The on the road PSI is 50,how low do I go on the beach
Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

I measured my ball height and looks like I'll need a 4 inch drop with the aftermarket hitch,when I get the camper and add the swaybar i'll know for sure.[/quote]

i used to do this a lot more than i do now....thought it was no longer "cool"....maybe i will start again....do you used the metal tapes for the surprise, or stick with the colth ones.....
Old 03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

CWS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
I measured my ball height
I did that once, when I needed new slacks.

Cliff