H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay the tires that come with the hummer are nice but not .... Hummery (if you will) Anyways I upgraded to the same size just All Train. The ride isn't NEARLY what it used to be and I can see it has killed my 19.4MPG I am thinking I will be getting around 14 now. We will see. I have 2000 miles on my baby now Sad isn't it. Well I just wanted you guys to know. DO NOT go with 285's They stick out alot "road debree" Also they are heavy meaning sucky mpg.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Expert

Okay the tires that come with the hummer are nice but not .... Hummery (if you will) Anyways I upgraded to the same size just All Train. The ride isn't NEARLY what it used to be and I can see it has killed my 19.4MPG I am thinking I will be getting around 14 now. We will see. I have 2000 miles on my baby now Sad isn't it. Well I just wanted you guys to know. DO NOT go with 285's They stick out alot "road debree" Also they are heavy meaning sucky mpg.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:07 PM

crop000s is off the scale

Could you post some more pictures, maybe some close up's and front or rear view looking down the sides?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

285s come with the off-road package. Did you also go up in rim size, or did you change the backspace with your new rims?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klint:
Okay the tires that come with the hummer are nice but not .... Hummery<span class="ev_code_RED">(And those bling bling rims are?) </span> (if you will) Anyways I upgraded to the same size just All Train.<span class="ev_code_RED">("All Train"???) </span> The ride isn't NEARLY what it used to be and I can see it has killed my 19.4MPG I am thinking I will be getting around 14 now.<span class="ev_code_RED">(Not likely to drop that drastically. Maybe 1-2 MPG if you maintain correct psi) </span> We will see. I have 2000 miles on my baby now Sad isn't it. Well I just wanted you guys to know. DO NOT go with 285's They stick out alot "road debree"<span class="ev_code_RED">("Debree"? WTF?) </span> Also they are heavy meaning sucky mpg.<span class="ev_code_RED"> (And your stock tires weren't "heavy"? Maybe it's those crappy wheels that are heavier.) </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

I like the look. The wheels go well with the other chrome you have.

The mud guards do a decent job of keeping some of the splash off the sides, maybe you'll want to add them.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
285s come with the off-road package. Did you also go up in rim size, or did you change the backspace with your new rims? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I didn't cahnge anything just new wheels and tires... and same size 16'
Old 11-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Attached Images

Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

LOOKS GOOD! You shouldn't loose that much mpg. And if you do, who cares! You'll still be getting better than I do in my SUT.
And they look way tougher than stock!

... not that ther's anything wrong with that.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klint:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
285s come with the off-road package. Did you also go up in rim size, or did you change the backspace with your new rims? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I didn't cahnge anything just new wheels and tires... and same size 16' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm running 285s and getting 18.85 highway
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 AM

tmiller is off the scale

Your wheels look like they are a Different offset then the OEMs.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you stayed with the same wheel and tire size, the contact patch should be the same, thus mpg be around the same. I would say you shouldn't lose more than a mile or 2. You may wanna recheck your MPGs. If they are accurate, I'd take it in and have the vehicle checked out.
IMO

Wheels and tires look great!

Ric-H2
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Hummer Expert

nope same offset

F5Fstop CAn you give me anything to get better MPG I do not get over 3k RPMS (unless I HAVE TO) I stay around 60 MPH There isn't much stop and go... if I am at a stop sign I stop way back and idle up to the stopsign as ppl infront of me stop and go... Anything else that I can do to the car?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

nope same offset

F5Fstop CAn you give me anything to get better MPG I do not get over 3k RPMS (unless I HAVE TO) I stay around 60 MPH There isn't much stop and go... if I am at a stop sign I stop way back and idle up to the stopsign as ppl infront of me stop and go... Anything else that I can do to the car? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW, I would hate to be driving behind you!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Hummer Expert

Yeah, I hate when ppl get up on my ass.. I have to slam on the breaks.. I am going to get keyed one day because I am a safe driver..
Man I got a 28mph over the speedlimit ticket a month ago... I have 2 more months before I can speed again so I get off probation, plus I love to show off my hummer so I drive slow ppl aren't honking because I am goign slow its because I drive a beautiful car lol.... I don't know what is up with the middle figer I always thought it was a thumbs up when you liked something... anywho..
Old 11-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I hate when ppl get up on my ass.. I have to slam on the breaks.. I am going to get keyed one day because I am a safe driver..
Man I got a 28mph over the speedlimit ticket a month ago... I have 2 more months before I can speed again so I get off probation, plus I love to show off my hummer so I drive slow ppl aren't honking because I am goign slow its because I drive a beautiful car lol.... I don't know what is up with the middle figer I always thought it was a thumbs up when you liked something... anywho.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG- i would have ran you over already.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Not sure what to tell you, I have the same size tires and only getting about a mile less than you did with your stock tires. I do believe, but haven't checked, mileage has gone down since it has turned cold. However, that is to be expected.