H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

If You would leave A simple note with yes or no.
Then the price range You would pay for the product.
We will have to study to see what it can be done for and see if it fits in the range You guys would pay. Keep in mind We do not do this to make a killin on Our forum Buddies so i know Dragon will keep it to a real number not jacked up. That is how We do business all the time.
So be as realistic as You can what the value of the slantback would be retail to You and We will honestly give you what it can be done for after We investigate.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Hummer Authority

If You would leave A simple note with yes or no.
Then the price range You would pay for the product.
We will have to study to see what it can be done for and see if it fits in the range You guys would pay. Keep in mind We do not do this to make a killin on Our forum Buddies so i know Dragon will keep it to a real number not jacked up. That is how We do business all the time.
So be as realistic as You can what the value of the slantback would be retail to You and We will honestly give you what it can be done for after We investigate.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

I don't have an SUT but I would vote YES for the slantback and I probably would pay up to $1000 to $2000 depending on the quality and look of it. I'm sure GM will be looking into this also for future SUT model options.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
Old 11-24-2005, 08:06 PM

FreeorDie2 is off the scale

I'm interested. $1-2K, I guess. Even more, perhaps, but it would depend upon the final design.
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
Old 11-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

For a "real" prive, everyone needs to keep in mind that this would not be a 1K or 2K acc. I think like 3K to 4K is on the cheap side. For a custom cap for a P/U truck you can spend close to that. I would love to see it happen and I think a "real" price could be 3 to 4K painted and shipped if their was enough interest.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

for 3k to 4k...heck no for me. Less than that yes. Though, I would prefer holding out for one that makes it look like the SUV, that I can remove.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be in for b/w $2000 & $3000

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 11-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

Just as a pricing comparison - an aluminum slantback shell for an H1 is 3300 dollars. A Wagonback shell for an H1 is 5k.

So - pricing isn't too farfetched if the H2 SUT shells were in the same price bracket.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Hummer Expert

I'll disagree. There are some very necessary upgrades for our trucks that on H2's are more expensive than on an H1.

Great case in point. The H2 9000 LB Stealth winch with bumper. Teaka Toys sells it for 2k.

I can get a MileMarker SE12000 winch plus the replacement bumper/mounting kit for about $1500.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW Taz, a canvas back in a squared SUV design was found to be of interest to some members a while back. But it needs to be pretty water tight.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Hummer Expert

And therein lies the problem. Unless it's sealed six ways from Sunday, it's not going to end up being water tight.

My shell has double seals around the perimeter. Water still gets through, and it's bolted against the body and the fenders for additional tightness.

Any shell that's added will be weather resistant and lockable (in the case of the hard shell) or weather resistant and covered storage (in the case of the Canback).

There's a market for it. Once people realize in a longer term that it's needed, they will buy it. The H2 has the advantage of sheer mass quantity as well - there's a larger potential marketplace out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
FWIW Taz, a canvas back in a squared SUV design was found to be of interest to some members a while back. But it needs to be pretty water tight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-25-2005, 03:40 PM

VernB is off the scale

Beastmaster you should stop washing your H1 so much, we know it doesn't rain in Phoenix. That way it will stop leaking.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Hummer Authority

I have not responded but, Beastmster has actually been making the points that i have noticed while I had been begining research on this last few days. There is almost now way to make the cover water tight. I would say impossible but, that does not exsist in My thought procees. But, it can be made weather resistant and lockable. The problem is if it is installed at Our shop or is it shipped to the buyer and He has to do a good enough job to have a water tight fit. I know Our guys well enough that if it was installed by them it would most likely be water tight. Cost would fall more into Dragon's area as He and the shop Boss are skilled in using many materials. It just looks like it would run around the $3000 range or little more. You would have to keep in mind it is not just buying some material and slapping it on the rig. It has to be made a prototype first but depending on the material finally decided on it would be hand made evey time, or molded and just a pour each time, and last it could be made from a light metal that can be farmed out and tooling to stamp it out in as few parts as possile and then assembled. If You price the plain hard flat caps they run upwards of $2500. This kit will be much harder to do. So it would lean into the higher side of most everyone's estimate of $2000 up. If it had to be done in glass then it is still hand made with molds. It would take a major corp. to pick it up and automate it to get it even down to the $2000 range.

TAZ
Old 11-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

06SUT23 is off the scale

the regular topper for the sut is only $850 and from the dealer its $1600 installed. i would pay around $1500 for a fiberglass slantback (not installed) and around $3000 for a carbon fiber one. that all has to do with the quality of the product.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Hummer Expert

Links? Is this "topper" an actual shell? Or is it just a tonneau type cover?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 06SUT23:
the regular topper for the sut is only $850 and from the dealer its $1600 installed. i would pay around $1500 for a fiberglass slantback (not installed) and around $3000 for a carbon fiber one. that all has to do with the quality of the product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Hummer Expert

I should say that I'm interested in it as well. I do have an ulterior motive....

I got a $6000 coupon from the local dealer towards either an Escalade, H2 SUV, or H2 SUT. If a slantback existed for the SUT, I'd get the H2 SUT before the end of the year.

So - that's why I've been involved in this discussion. I'd literally love to have two slantbacks - one on my H1, and the other on an H2. That would be really cool parked side to side.

-Steve
Old 11-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Steve,

That would be sweet! A $6000 coupon sounds pretty sick if you ask me!
Old 11-26-2005, 02:15 AM
Hummer Expert

I know. That's why it's definitely getting my curiosity.

Of course, the other half is also lusting after a CTS-V. Actually, I wouldn't mind it either. That thing would haul some serious balls across the pavement.

I had a chance to test drive a CTS-V once. Oh, wow!

So, it's a hard thought. My mom got a similar coupon from the same dealer. Any Caddy model for 5k off, and I could use the coupon also, since it was addressed to my family's corporate business.

So, SUT, or CTS-V.