H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-29-2005, 12:58 AM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

Hey guys, yes I know I sold the H3, but I have a deposit on another one with the Lux and offroad packs. I hope the gearing will help the pep a little...

Anyway, I thought you would like to see the RealWheels Stainless Hood Panel, it is nasty in my opinion... It comes not in one part like I thought, but it is actually strips of steal with some tape on the back. I also bought the front bumper overlay thinking it was similar to the chrome grille that is on there aready. Maybe a one piece chrome tape on full bumper cover, and of course it is not...

Here is a link to what I ordered and got in (wish this pic was online before I ordered it...).
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2005, 12:58 AM

Hey guys, yes I know I sold the H3, but I have a deposit on another one with the Lux and offroad packs. I hope the gearing will help the pep a little...

Anyway, I thought you would like to see the RealWheels Stainless Hood Panel, it is nasty in my opinion... It comes not in one part like I thought, but it is actually strips of steal with some tape on the back. I also bought the front bumper overlay thinking it was similar to the chrome grille that is on there aready. Maybe a one piece chrome tape on full bumper cover, and of course it is not...

Here is a link to what I ordered and got in (wish this pic was online before I ordered it...).
Old 06-29-2005, 12:59 AM

I did not install it, so it is just sitting on there. Also it does not even cover the whole panel :-(
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2005, 01:00 AM

http://www.realwheelsacc.com/h3_103-1.html
Old 06-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

That really looks cheap and ugly! Thanks for the heads up man! Now you can go ahead and return it
Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 AM

It is very nasty... I can't wait to tell them how ****ty it looks... I will need a new tire cover, and some other items for the new one, so I will exchange them if possible.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:52 AM

RFox is off the scale

Are you sure??? In my opinion, nothing looks as bad as that plastic vent on the hood. It's not even functional! I just ordered the stainless kit from them, but mine will have billet aluminum handles on it, so it looks similar to my H2. I saw it at the dealership, and the only thing that will look better might be their solid billet one, but it might be a little too pricy for me.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:15 PM

pimpdad is off the scale

When you said it looks "nasty", I thought you liked it. I'm glad to hear you say it looks like crap. I can't believe they would sell that junk. I like the stock look but if bling is your thing, I'd go for a solid billet or chrome replacement with handles.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

H3 Buyer,

Let me first say, that I sell the Real Wheels line for both the H2 and the H3. We have been selling them for years now, and have not heard of product not fitting even once that I can remember.

I would certainly contact the person who you bought them from and ask for a replacement cover - as this simply does not add up. Obviously, if you do not like the product, that is one thing. Again, I am surprised to hear that is does not fit.

One of the best things about Real Wheels is their customer service, I am sure they will rectify your situation in a manner that you will be pleased with. Even if you did not buy from them directly.

If you do have any trouble with this, certainly feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help.

Regards,
Jason
Old 06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
It is very nasty... I can't wait to tell them how ****ty it looks... I will need a new tire cover, and some other items for the new one, so I will exchange them if possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been wondering which dealership or aftermarket company that you work for. After watching your supposed buying & quick selling() of an H3 I'm starting to think it's an aftermarket company more than a dealership.
Only a matter of time until the truth is revealed.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
It is very nasty... I can't wait to tell them how ****ty it looks... I will need a new tire cover, and some other items for the new one, so I will exchange them if possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been wondering which dealership or aftermarket company that you work for. After watching your supposed buying & quick selling() of an H3 I'm starting to think it's an aftermarket company more than a dealership.
Only a matter of time until the truth is revealed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drty I work for the cable company... Not any car company! Sorry, wish I did. Actually no I don't wish I did, I like my job! I get to talk to idiots all day about what friggin channel they like more, the speed channel or outdoor life network LOL.

Ask Killian, he knows where I work...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:00 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason:
H3 Buyer,

Let me first say, that I sell the Real Wheels line for both the H2 and the H3. We have been selling them for years now, and have not heard of product not fitting even once that I can remember.

I would certainly contact the person who you bought them from and ask for a replacement cover - as this simply does not add up. Obviously, if you do not like the product, that is one thing. Again, I am surprised to hear that is does not fit.

One of the best things about Real Wheels is their customer service, I am sure they will rectify your situation in a manner that you will be pleased with. Even if you did not buy from them directly.

If you do have any trouble with this, certainly feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to help.

Regards,
Jason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, it does not cover the entire part is what I meant, looks very cheesey... And I think the look is no good...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Did you not look at the picture or even ask about it before you ordered it. It's obvious it doesn't cover the black edge in the picture on their site.

It looks like whoever installed it on your truck did a shoddy job. Much of this shiny stuff is nothing but stick-on and people and have been buying it and sticking it on their trucks and cars for years.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:52 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

not steer of the topic of the Hood panel, Question, Why did you sell your first H3 and opt to go to the adventure pack, just curious, Thanks, jk1165
Old 06-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your first name...Larry?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:01 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

No Mine is Mo.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Did you not look at the picture or even ask about it before you ordered it. It's obvious it doesn't cover the black edge in the picture on their site.

It looks like whoever installed it on your truck did a shoddy job. Much of this shiny stuff is nothing but stick-on and people and have been buying it and sticking it on their trucks and cars for years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the discussion, I did not install it because it was crappy looking, I want to return it so I laid it there to take pictures...

"not steer of the topic of the Hood panel, Question, Why did you sell your first H3 and opt to go to the adventure pack, just curious, Thanks, jk1165"

I went with the LUX and the Offroad pack, not the adventure. Reason was I wanted the gearing to be adjusted for the 33" tires. I am hoping the gearing will help a little with the pick up. That is the only reason.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Simple rule of thumb here:

Beware of parts that say "applique'" or "overlay". It's just stick on stuff and you probably won't be happy.

I'm sure, as Jason said, RW's will work with you.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:10 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

It looks like whoever installed it on your truck did a shoddy job. Much of this shiny stuff is nothing but stick-on and people and have been buying it and sticking it on their trucks and cars for years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the discussion, I did not install it because it was crappy looking, I want to return it so I laid it there to take pictures...

"not steer of the topic of the Hood panel, Question, Why did you sell your first H3 and opt to go to the adventure pack, just curious, Thanks, jk1165"

I went with the LUX and the Offroad pack, not the adventure. Reason was I wanted the gearing to be adjusted for the 33" tires. I am hoping the gearing will help a little with the pick up. That is the only reason other than I wanted the blue! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>