H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Circuitguy

Can't happen to me! No! But it did. On the way home tonight a rock of a size I dont know ran dead center of the windshield of my H2. It left a divit and now a crack is forming across to the drivers side. If I was in the Denali it most likley would have skipped off and left a small mark but not in the H2. Why me! So my questions is has anyone replaced the front windshield of ther H2? If so what was the cost and what brand of glass did they use? Any help would be great. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 11-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Circuitguy

Can't happen to me! No! But it did. On the way home tonight a rock of a size I dont know ran dead center of the windshield of my H2. It left a divit and now a crack is forming across to the drivers side. If I was in the Denali it most likley would have skipped off and left a small mark but not in the H2. Why me! So my questions is has anyone replaced the front windshield of ther H2? If so what was the cost and what brand of glass did they use? Any help would be great. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

</a>
Old 11-07-2003, 01:00 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Insurance should cover it...and it should be liability, not collision
Old 11-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

Insurance won't cover mine. I'm with MIC and have a $1000.00 deductable. For some reason thats the minimum deductable for the H2. The replacement cost for me was... you guessed $1000.00.
Those are Canadian Funds aswell.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:27 AM
Circuitguy

Thats sucks JB! My deductable is $100 but I don't want to make a claim then be told that my rates are going to go up. I also need to know if there is a difference with different brands of auto glass. I want to get whats right like a GM brand product but I also don't want to fork out $1000+ for it if I don't have to. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

</a>
Old 11-07-2003, 08:50 AM

drouke is off the scale

I have replaced mine twice already. Glass is covered 100% here in Mass.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:02 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Your rates shouldn't go up on a "liability" (comprehensive?)claim. Most rates only go up with a "collision" claim.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:11 AM

unaslob is off the scale

you can get GM glass but it is more expensive.. that is how it is with any car. most have a generic one that is much cheaper truely doesnt make a difference, the factory one isnt any stronger. with the h2 being so new, I dont know that a genny one will be available. unaslob
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-07-2003, 04:14 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

I've heard too that GM replacement w/ GM glass is superior, but I find that hard to believe. Just find someone who will back up their installation.

gasman
Old 11-07-2003, 05:15 PM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

EASILY, YOU WERE DRIVING ROCK DID NOT LIKE YOU, ROCK TRIED TO KILL YOU, WINDSHIELD GOT IN THE WAY.. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.. ROCKS DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE...HAHAHAHAHA

2003 H2 Black
2003 Ferrari 360 Modena Black
2004 Mercedes SL600R
2003 Yukon Denali Red
2004 M5 BMW
2004 M3 BMW
2003 525i BMW
2002 Chevy Crew Cab HD Duramax
1989 930 Porsche Turbo White
2003 996 TT Porsche Black
1972 914 6 3.6L Porsche white
1995 Ferrari 348 Challenge Yellow
2004 47 ft Outerlimits Trip 1050 SC Mercs.....
2002 Honda CR250
2004 Honda CRF450
Old 11-08-2003, 02:19 AM

Hummertime is off the scale

THAT SUCKS!

Bone stock but dreamin!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Circuitguy

So now safelight glass is to come over to my home in the morning and replace the glass but on the way home last night a more major problem started. I just entered hwy 80 to go home from work, and the H2 started to ack slugish, all of a sudden it dropped out of overdrive and the check engine light came on! You can guess how I was feeling! So I kept going at around 50mph with out overdrive and I pressed the onstar button. A very nice lady came on and asked how she could help? I asked her to run a check on the computer if anything was wrong. She did and about 30 secs later she said that I need to take my H2 to a dealer within seven days to check a major problem code. Tranmission Computer Failure! WOW! So now that I have all the info I need and now I also notice that the transmission is stuck in third gear! It will not upshift or down shift! For the record I have never had a major problem with my H2 till now, I am sure it will be fixed so im not worried but this it the first time it had a major failure. So I guess the dealer can repair the glass while its in service to save time. I hope they give me a cool rental car that looks like a H2!HAHA! BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

</a>
Old 11-10-2003, 11:30 AM

unaslob is off the scale

that does suck... but to digress you brought up a sore subject... the couple of times I have dropped my h2 off for work, and scheduled to get a rental they gave me this crappy envoy...I hate those, they drive terribly!! they lurch, noisy, ect. you think that purchasing a 50K+ car would get you a nice rental but wrongo.... there is a dealer in mechanicsburg that supposedly gives a straight trade, you bring in the h2, you get h2 for rental.. is this true???

unaslob
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Circuitguy

My dealer must love me; my H2 was towed in this morning about 9am. The service righter said he was told by the service manager to take care of my ASAP. He had a tech come on out in the service drive and check all the trouble codes on my H2. He found a Trans failure and one other code, I don’t remember what it was. The service rep said they want to check it out a bit more before I leave so to see if they can fix it right away and get it back to me. I told him I would wait and to do what he needs to fix it. So I walk over the waiting area and a young man comes over and says "sir, would you like to come with me so I can get you your loaner car?" Sure! I said. I walked over to his office and he gives me a set of keys, says it’s the blue one on the side of the building. When I see this car I couldn’t believe it! A brand new 04 full size Caddie! He said I could use it to drive around town today and if the H2 was to stay then I could keep it till it’s repaired. I love my Hummer dealer!!! Anyway the H2 was fixed in about an hour; it was a bad Trans mod. Easy fix said the tech. If a man built it, it will break but as long as there are people l that treat you like this when a problem happens then to me there was no problem! BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

</a>
Old 11-12-2003, 03:29 AM

jambo is off the scale

I AM WITH HUMMER OF MARIETTA, AND WE ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF OUR HUMMER CUSTOMERS(PART OF THE SALE TO US). IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR H2 WE ALWAYS (98%) OF THE TIME GIVE A DENALI OR A 24 HOUR TEST DRIVE H2 (IF IN THE PROGRAM). I AGREE YOU SHOULD GET SOMETHING NICE TO DRIVE YOU DID BUY AN H2 NOT A SUNFIRE, NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SUNFIRE BUT YA KNOW, HEY...... ANYWAY GLAD YOUR DEALERSHIP TOOK CARE OF YOU LIKE THEY SHOULD. I HAD TO REPLACE A FRONT WINDSHIELD ON OUR TRAIL TRUCK (H2) MY COST FOR GM BRAND WAS 350.00 CASH. HMMMM, NOT GONNA ASK-..

JAMBO