H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Please

Been trying to get the Vin# on my new ordered H3. So to day the Sales Chickie calls back and tells me that the Hummer H3 Builders are waiting for the new roof marker lamp assemblies that I ordered as an option.

Seems like according to her that the my H3 as well as some others have been built up to a point ..and then side lined in a holding area to await the new roof marker lamp asssembly that will be arriving between Oct 8-10th .

My H3 was Ordered on 8/1/06. I have a copy of the order and and order number and options listed.

So now she is telling me that it looks like sometime near the end of October before I'll see my H3. She also said .that I could have them finish buiding the H3 and then have the lights installed by them the dealer ..Oh ..but the dealer would charge me $200.00 to install them.

I told her to let the order ride and I'll wait..

Ok ..So Hummer Builders....Is she BS-ing me ?? Or is there in fact a new shippment of marker lamps coming in and her story is straight. And does the Hummer production line really side line rigs untill parts come in?

I told her I was going to check her story on the Hummer Site...
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Please

Last we heard, those were a dealer installed option. I think you're being put on the Step Program.

Last edited by DRTYFN : 09-13-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Pl

Don't know the answer but that sure sucks. good luck!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Last we heard, those were a dealer installed option. I think you're being put on the Step Program.

I thought These are Factory installed as shown on the Hummer web site where you order.?? Items that are dealer installed were listed that way and prices were up to the dealer according to the site...

And What is the Step Program..??
Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisha Haddan H3
Don't know the answer but that sure sucks. good luck!

If this dealer is Farging with me than he's toast.. I'll walk and go somewhere else.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

FutureHummerOwner is off the scale

Dude, read the post I made earlier today. My order is on hold because of the marker lights too. The only thing the dealer could tell me was that it was because of a " Wind noise problem" .

He told me to remove the option from the order and the dealer would install them when they get them. I still haven't decided what to do.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHummerOwner
Dude, read the post I made earlier today. My order is on hold because of the marker lights too. The only thing the dealer could tell me was that it was because of a " Wind noise problem" .

He told me to remove the option from the order and the dealer would install them when they get them. I still haven't decided what to do.

Ok I'll read it.. but then again it sounds like there might br some truth to what my dealer is telling me... And..I would check with the dealer to see if he's going to charge you for installation..
Old 09-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Roughwater is off the scale

I was at the dealer today having some other repairs done (roof rails, windshield, etc) and overheard them talking to a couple people about the marker lights. Seemed like it was the same story you have heard, that they are still working on the new design for the lights and can't repair or get any with lights until the design is fixed.

Sorry about that.

OLD
2006 H3 - Slate Blue - Adventure
Old 09-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughwater
I was at the dealer today having some other repairs done (roof rails, windshield, etc) and overheard them talking to a couple people about the marker lights. Seemed like it was the same story you have heard, that they are still working on the new design for the lights and can't repair or get any with lights until the design is fixed.

Sorry about that.

No Problem..it's only a few more weeks. Like I said.. I was told the lights would be at the factory between the 8th & 12th of Oct. My point was I wanted to make sure the dealer wasn't BS-ing me.

I won't trust this dealer untill I verifiy the GMID price and drive off the lot. There intitled to make a buck like any other business but I still watch my back no matter what they tell me.

That's why I spent a year here before I ordered. To get educated and have some support. And that I have gotten form this Forum from every one.

Thanks Peep's
Old 09-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

All I can say is they used to be installed by the dealer or at a designated installation shop, not the factory. If this changed it is news to me, but it could since I'm primarily working a year ahead of what is being produced.
I do know that there are facilities around the USA that installed some of the optional equipment that was on the MSRP such as lights, brush guards, etc., and maybe (again maybe) this is where the hangup is.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
All I can say is they used to be installed by the dealer or at a designated installation shop, not the factory. If this changed it is news to me, but it could since I'm primarily working a year ahead of what is being produced.
I do know that there are facilities around the USA that installed some of the optional equipment that was on the MSRP such as lights, brush guards, etc., and maybe (again maybe) this is where the hangup is.

Then if that is true why does the Hummer web site indicate a factory installed item and list pricing for dealer installed items seperatly. I know before you stated that they would have to post two different MSRP stickers if the dealer installed the items. My Dealer said he would charge me $200.00 to install the roof marker lamps if I bring it back after taking delivery eary instead of waiting. That's a Buch of crap..!! If it's Dealer installed ..what's the diff Now or later..I still paid the GMID price .

If you remember the first dealer I went to tried to beat me for $600.00 on the GMID price ..as he smiled and told me that the GMID price is the same anywhere I go. It's a good thing I shopped him. He was full of BS.

So...how do we confirm that the Fctory in fact is installing the options and has held production due to this fact. The poster's above seem to be getting the same story.

Wish I could find out what's really going on. I Freaken Hate Bull ****.. !!!

I wish these dam dealers would Just tell me the truth....!!!!!!

Last edited by Viet Nam Vette : 09-14-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

The factory does not actually install them (nothing has changed), they also do not install things like brush guards, tube steps, etc. IF it is ordered from the factory, the parts and car will both show up at the dealership (from different places, normally at different times), and a tech will put them on AT the dealership. Someone who is GMS or GMID will prefer this, because it is a set price and non-negotiable, as it is on the vehicle invoice. As far as the marker lights, I haven't heard anything about when they're coming off constraint.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 09-14-2006, 03:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

I too saw that the top marker lamps are installed at the factory from the website, but then again that website hasn't been updated in awhile!

I was at the dealer last week, Hummer of Kansas City, and although they are generally clueless, they said that these add-ons are installed at the dealer. He even went so far to tell me how they installed it.

Just my $.02, but I think they are shafting you. with your assessment.

Bill
Old 09-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Hummer Novice

rzv500r is off the scale

The amber roof marker lamps #19156090 when ordered as an RPO accessory are installed at the dealer just as hummer guy mentioned and there doesn't seem to be a supply problem with them at all, they are readily available. There is however a redesigned exterior A pillar trim molding in the works that GM sent out a bulletin on months ago to deal with the wind noise caused by the original design fitting loosely with an excessive gap between it and the roof rail trim. This may be what your sales person is referring to and may simply not be completely knowledgable on as the two outer lamps that come with the roof clearence lamp kit actually get mounted to the A pillar trim but I can't see where anything like this would hold up production of a truck.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Then if that is true why does the Hummer web site indicate a factory installed item and list pricing for dealer installed items seperatly. I know before you stated that they would have to post two different MSRP stickers if the dealer installed the items. My Dealer said he would charge me $200.00 to install the roof marker lamps if I bring it back after taking delivery eary instead of waiting. That's a Buch of crap..!! If it's Dealer installed ..what's the diff Now or later..I still paid the GMID price .

If you remember the first dealer I went to tried to beat me for $600.00 on the GMID price ..as he smiled and told me that the GMID price is the same anywhere I go. It's a good thing I shopped him. He was full of BS.

So...how do we confirm that the Fctory in fact is installing the options and has held production due to this fact. The poster's above seem to be getting the same story.

Wish I could find out what's really going on. I Freaken Hate Bull ****.. !!!

I wish these dam dealers would Just tell me the truth....!!!!!!

You know, I discussed this with you over the phone. I fully explained that there were items listed on the MSRP that are actually installed by the dealer or a third party installer versus at the plant. I explained that these RPA items could still be sold by the dealer as a dealer installed item, and the dealer could charge more
I'm not sure what else I can say about this subject, and I do not have the time to explain this subject anymore.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzv500r
The amber roof marker lamps #19156090 when ordered as an RPO accessory are installed at the dealer just as hummer guy mentioned and there doesn't seem to be a supply problem with them at all, they are readily available. There is however a redesigned exterior A pillar trim molding in the works that GM sent out a bulletin on months ago to deal with the wind noise caused by the original design fitting loosely with an excessive gap between it and the roof rail trim. This may be what your sales person is referring to and may simply not be completely knowledgable on as the two outer lamps that come with the roof clearence lamp kit actually get mounted to the A pillar trim but I can't see where anything like this would hold up production of a truck.

You and Hummerguy are correct in regard to installation location (however, there are a few installation places that actually perform the installation for the dealers).
However, the roof marker lamps are on hold and cannot be ordered or shipped until the new redesigned parts are available.

Subject: Quarantine Request H3 Accessories Roof-Mounted Marker Lamps - keywords accessories accessory lights windshield #PIT4021A - (07/07/2006)

Models: 2006 Hummer H3
Condition/Concern:
There is a wind noise from the roof mounted Marker Lamps or Off Road Lamps. This may also sound like it is coming from the top of the windshield area.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Effective immediately, please quarantine all inventory of the H3 Accessories Roof-Mounted Marker Lamp Package (P/N 19156090, P/N 17803066, P/N 12499109).

This PI is still in effect, the revised parts are not out yet.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't help those waiting on new vehicle orders but for those that are still having the wind noise issues have your dealer look at the DS A-pillar. I know that when they finally got mine fix they also replace the DS A-pillar so what was considered an issue with the marker light assembly across the roof might have actually been the A-pillar all along.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine originally had the marker lights on it. I wanted the off-road lights as I was getting the off-road Adventure package. They charged me an extra $700 to replace the markers with the off-road lamps. I was in a hurry to take delivery by the next weekend so I bit and let them do it. It only took them a couple of days . I am still foggy on why an Adventure package would only have the marker lights instead of the off-road lights but whatever....

There has been an issue with wind noise and marker lights so the delay you are experiencing could be legit' - but a month - dAmN!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007
They charged me an extra $700 to replace the markers with the off-road lamps. I was in a hurry to take delivery by the next weekend so I bit and let them do it.

I hope they at least gave you the marker lights after they were taken off so you could sell them and get back some of the money you paid for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007
I am still foggy on why an Adventure package would only have the marker lights instead of the off-road lights but whatever....

The Adventure package doesn't come with either one, they are options. Why would anyone want the marker lights rather than the off road light on an adventure, because they have a choice of what they like and then they can get much better aftermarket off road lights.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
You know, I discussed this with you over the phone. I fully explained that there were items listed on the MSRP that are actually installed by the dealer or a third party installer versus at the plant. I explained that these RPA items could still be sold by the dealer as a dealer installed item, and the dealer could charge more
I'm not sure what else I can say about this subject, and I do not have the time to explain this subject anymore.

I apprecieate the time you spent with me on the phone. Thank you.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here. Just trying to understand what the dealer is up too if anything.