H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-07-2007, 04:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rhyno is off the scale
Default CAN to USA price difference!

I just priced out a almost fully loaded H3 Alpha and in Canada and it's $57,365CAN. The same USA spec'd is $44,945US. This is just crazy a price different's off $12,500 this doesn't include the savings with the CAN dollar. US CANADIANS ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAN to USA price difference!

umm if im not mistaken the US dollar is stronger than the canadian, so you gotta do the conversion rate to find out how much each really is either American or in the Canadian to make an accurate comparison

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

look at it this way, on a book that cost U.S $3, cost CAN $5

plus, less people in Canada, therefore less demand. (im canadian but live in America) SUV's arent common in canada. And finally exchange rate. i dont think you are getting ripped off, but if you think you are, drive to america and buy it, or purchase it on Ebay
2007 Black H3, Adventure Package, Chrome Appearance, Chrome Cross Bars, Moonroof, Tow Package, Chrome Tubular Assist Steps. "My golly, this is by far the best looking 2007 H3 you will ever never witness"

My H3 is gods gift to man.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
umm if im not mistaken the US dollar is stronger than the canadian, so you gotta do the conversion rate to find out how much each really is either American or in the Canadian to make an accurate comparison

I've heard some Americans were in denial but never expected a Hummer owner to be one of them. That or you're really behind on current events.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer

Dude...it's the other way around, once again.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, the high Canadian dollar isn't as good as *some* think. You can't expect dealerships, who purchased vehicles at the old exchange rate, to drop prices to a point where they won't have a profit margin. It won't happen. The only benefit the high CAN dollar has is on cross border purchases, but you're gonna get royally screwed at home.

The dollar inflation situation is becoming really dangerous. A large portion of our population is employed through companies that deal with the US. Why should those US companies continue to contract out work to Canada when it's more expensive than simply dealing with their own? On top of that, add the hassle of cross border BS and it's just a losing situation.

I heard on the radio folks who no longer deal with local stores to purchase items, they just go accross the border and get what they need. Yeah, this is GREAT for the Canadian economy!

The government has to step in one way or another, this dollar won't last long as it is, it can't.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
Yeah, the high Canadian dollar isn't as good as *some* think. You can't expect dealerships, who purchased vehicles at the old exchange rate, to drop prices to a point where they won't have a profit margin. It won't happen. The only benefit the high CAN dollar has is on cross border purchases, but you're gonna get royally screwed at home.

The dollar inflation situation is becoming really dangerous. A large portion of our population is employed through companies that deal with the US. Why should those US companies continue to contract out work to Canada when it's more expensive than simply dealing with their own? On top of that, add the hassle of cross border BS and it's just a losing situation.

I heard on the radio folks who no longer deal with local stores to purchase items, they just go accross the border and get what they need. Yeah, this is GREAT for the Canadian economy!

The government has to step in one way or another, this dollar won't last long as it is, it can't.

Even Canadian made products are 40% cheaper in the US than buying it in Canada.

A fully loaded BMW is around $70K Canadian here in Canada where the EXACT vehicle is $37K US in America.

Oh the US know exactly what they're doing. That's why they're not sweating the temporary US dollar fluctuation.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC

Even Canadian made products are 40% cheaper in the US than buying it in Canada.

A fully loaded BMW is around $70K Canadian here in Canada where the EXACT vehicle is $37K US in America.

Oh the US know exactly what they're doing. That's why they're not sweating the temporary US dollar fluctuation.

"Oh the US know exactly what they're doing. That's why they're not sweating the temporary US dollar fluctuation."

I always knew you were pro American you motorboatin SOB

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

well actually, i would rather have canadian money. If your canadian and your going to travel to america, your Canadian money is now worth more in America, and things are prices LESS in America. So if i was still living in Canada, i would cross that border more often now. Its well worth it. What a wonderful vacation they can have.
2007 Black H3, Adventure Package, Chrome Appearance, Chrome Cross Bars, Moonroof, Tow Package, Chrome Tubular Assist Steps. "My golly, this is by far the best looking 2007 H3 you will ever never witness"

Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19
well actually, i would rather have canadian money. If your canadian and your going to travel to america, your Canadian money is now worth more in America, and things are prices LESS in America. So if i was still living in Canada, i would cross that border more often now. Its well worth it. What a wonderful vacation they can have.

I keep hearing this in the media and what fools they are. Who cares about vacations when you won't have a job in the near future?

Besides, US dealerships have been told NOT to sell to Canadian's.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

My wife is happy about it. And the kids benefit from it. And that's all that matters to me.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Should be interesting to see how this reversal of fortunes in currencies shakes out. Now that canadian dollars are worth more than green backs.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
Should be interesting to see how this reversal of fortunes in currencies shakes out. Now that canadian dollars are worth more than green backs.

I agree...but I'm glad it's a cyclical process.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

Quote:
I keep hearing this in the media and what fools they are. Who cares about vacations when you won't have a job in the near future?

Besides, US dealerships have been told NOT to sell to Canadian's.

im sure the dealors will sell to anyone that can pay, and qualify.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19
im sure the dealors will sell to anyone that can pay, and qualify.

Automakers have been threatening US dealers with penalties as great as losing their license if they sell to Canadian's. It's not just automakers, Bombardiers is doing it too. It's to protect Canadian dealerships, which makes sense.

I don't know what world some people live in, or if they need a lesson in economics, but a country buying everything outside of the country is *NOT* a good thing.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road
Default NO MORE MONTREAL VACATIONS!

Montreal is a great city. We used to go there every summer for two weeks. great shopping, restaurants, clubs. But that was when we got $1.50 canadian for every $1 US. But the US dollar isn't worth S**T anymore, even here. Thank god we didnt buy that loft in old Montreal a few years ago when it was a great bargain with the conversion rate. it would be a losing proposition today.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Automakers have been threatening US dealers with penalties asgreat as losing their license if they sell to Canadian's. It's not just automakers, Bombardiers is doing it too. It's to protect Canadian dealerships, which makes sense.

I don't know what world some people live in, or if they need a lesson in economics, but a country buying everything outside of the country is *NOT* a good thing.

That doesn't surprise me...but I'm a business major. I'm wondering about that "lose their license" to sell though.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
That doesn't surprise me...but I'm a business major. I'm wondering about that "lose their license" to sell though.

It's all over the news. A dealership near the border has only been allowing sales to Canucks who have a US residence and insurance, otherwise he could lose his license. His words, not mine, and he's not the only one saying it.