H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale
Default I screwed up!

My 2005 H2 lease was up and I really wanted to buy it out but it didnt make much financial sense. So I gave it up and bought a 2008 TRail Blazer SS. real nice vehicle but no Hummer, thats for sure. Its been 2 months and I cant get over How small it feels. I called My Hummer delaership and am going to look at an 08H2 SUT this weekend. I went with the trail balzer trying to convince myself that gas prices are going up and I really didnt need to have a monthly car bill thats that costly. Well now I realize that I realy miss the H2. It was worth the extra money every month and from what I understand you can get 15MPG on the 08 ? ****, I'm getting 14 in the trail blazer!! So now I hope that I can get out of the Trail blazer with outtaking much of a hit.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I screwed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled
My 2005 H2 lease was up and I really wanted to buy it out but it didnt make much financial sense. So I gave it up and bought a 2008 TRail Blazer SS. real nice vehicle but no Hummer, thats for sure. Its been 2 months and I cant get over How small it feels. I called My Hummer delaership and am going to look at an 08H2 SUT this weekend. I went with the trail balzer trying to convince myself that gas prices are going up and I really didnt need to have a monthly car bill thats that costly. Well now I realize that I realy miss the H2. It was worth the extra money every month and from what I understand you can get 15MPG on the 08 ? ****, I'm getting 14 in the trail blazer!! So now I hope that I can get out of the Trail blazer with outtaking much of a hit.

15mpg in an 08? no way!! If you're getting 14 in the SS, you'll be back to 10mpg in teh new H2.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point

just suck it up for a few years. You're going to loose many thousands of dollars trading so soon.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
15mpg in an 08? no way!! If you're getting 14 in the SS, you'll be back to 10mpg in teh new H2.

I got 12 in my 05. New power train is suppose to be better.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

05h2sut is on a distinguished road

I only got 13 in my 02 GMC Envoy. I like GM, but that was a POS out of the gate. Figured I may as well get something worthy of crap gas mileage...
Old 05-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

I bought an '08 H2 (SUV, not SUT) 2.5 months ago ... I get 11 mpg. But, I can't imagine driving anything else.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I got 12 in my 05. New power train is suppose to be better.

Yep, drove an 08 for a week. same "real world" mpg's.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:
So now I hope that I can get out of the Trail blazer with outtaking much of a hit.

Goooooood luck.

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 05-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Hummer Expert

Went to Hummer Manchester NH this morning. Talked trade and numbers. Numbers were pretty good for a 36 month lease. Only problem was that i want an 08 slate blue SUT and none are to be found in New England. They tryed talking me into a black one they had in stock. Looks like I'll just wait until the 09's come out. I would only assume that the numbers arent going to be so good. I asked about ordering from the factory but they seemed to think that the 08 build year is over.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

The H2 plant is ramping back up on June 2nd - and will produce 08 models for another couple months before 2009s. However, dealers have already ordered the 2008 models -- they can check and see if they have one on order already and tag it sold.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 05-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

I am getting 11 MPG in my 08....the new drive train is great! I love it!!!

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 05-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
The H2 plant is ramping back up on June 2nd - and will produce 08 models for another couple months before 2009s. However, dealers have already ordered the 2008 models -- they can check and see if they have one on order already and tag it sold.

So, it not possible to place an order at this point?
I dont think they have one on order, I've been buy this dealership a few times and they only seem to have 2 on hand at a time. I dont thik they move H2's like they say they do. The ones they have there now have been there for some time. I searched the other dealerships in the New England area and they dont more than 4-6 on hand. One even has quite a few 07's left over.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road

Intercooled, why oh why would you go to Quirk Hummer in Manchester? I live in Manchester on and off for a good part of my life and I mde the mistake of trying to deal with them when they were called Dobles, for Corvettes and H2's. They get about one Corvette convertable a year and would rather sit on it and get retail than knock a penny off the price. I actually forgot and went back to them for my 07 H2 and spoke to the manager directly and he wouldn't go more than a few thousand off which actually surprised me he would even do that.

Sooo I went to Herb Chambers in Danvers Mass and spoke with the new car manager there (I forget his name) and I got a new 07 for $1k "under" invoice which was like $7-8k lower than Dobles. Now I forget but there was some kind of rebate then because the 08's were out and of course you might (probably) not get the same deal, but they do have a ton of H2's in stock.. As a matter of fact most of the Massachsetts dealers do, and they want to move them unlike Quirk in Manchester who only gets a few H2's in a time...

Also if you don't know, if you are a resident of NH, you will not pay any Mass sale tax on anything you buy, vehicles that is...

follow up, I just checked the Herb Chambers website and they do list as having a slate blue metallic 08 SUT in stock, Model Number:RN25736 ... and I remembered the managers name was John Ricco. Tell them the couple from NH that bought an H2 from him and wrote a letter of praise to his boss Herb Chambers himself, sent you, He'll remember us...

Last edited by s_c5519 : 05-27-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519
Intercooled, why oh why would you go to Quirk Hummer in Manchester? I live in Manchester on and off for a good part of my life and I mde the mistake of trying to deal with them when they were called Dobles, for Corvettes and H2's. They get about one Corvette convertable a year and would rather sit on it and get retail than knock a penny off the price. I actually forgot and went back to them for my 07 H2 and spoke to the manager directly and he wouldn't go more than a few thousand off which actually surprised me he would even do that.

Sooo I went to Herb Chambers in Danvers Mass and spoke with the new car manager there (I forget his name) and I got a new 07 for $1k "under" invoice which was like $7-8k lower than Dobles. Now I forget but there was some kind of rebate then because the 08's were out and of course you might (probably) not get the same deal, but they do have a ton of H2's in stock.. As a matter of fact most of the Massachsetts dealers do, and they want to move them unlike Quirk in Manchester who only gets a few H2's in a time...

Also if you don't know, if you are a resident of NH, you will not pay any Mass sale tax on anything you buy, vehicles that is...

Great info, thanks man! I bought my 05 from Dobles, but that was with the GM employee discount for everyone. So, no negotiation. I always thought that dobles was a great outfit, thier HUmmer happenings were very good and the manager was a great guy. I have delt with Herb Chambers for my repairs, and a car in the past. I''m not too keen on them either. lots of bull**** with the sales guy and manager back and forth trying to come to terms. But I may have to head there and check it all out.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Hummer Professional

Interooled, check out my last paragraph above. I just edited/added it after you replied back so you might have missed it.. Herb does have a slate blue SUT in stock...

Theres also a Herb Chambers dealer for just about every make of car in Massachusetts, so you might have not dealt with the Hummer one?

Last edited by s_c5519 : 05-27-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519
Interooled, check out my last paragraph above. I just edited/added it after you replied back so you might have missed it.. Herb does have a slate blue SUT in stock...

Theres also a Herb Chambers dealer for just about every make of car in Massachusetts, so you might have not dealt with the Hummer one?

Thanks, I will mentiom you. I'll follow up on that SUT tommorow, I'm working down that way.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:02 AM
Hummer Expert

Just checked the Herb Chambers web site. i didnt see an 08 Slate Blue on the "inventory" list.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Hummer Professional

ooops sorry, looks like "I screwed up"

I clicked on "new inventory" and then "find a new vehicle" instead of "search our inventory" as you did. The find a new vehicle looks to just be what Hummer has availabe for colors and the stock color number maybe...

I don't see one in stock either... Sorry to get your hopes up for nothing...
Old 05-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Default Back in action

Searched all dealers in my area within 100 miles. Found a Fusion orange in Maine and went up tonight to look at it. Great SUT! Awesome color. They paid off my current trailblazer loan and bought the 2006 limited edition Fusion Orange with 17,200 miles on it. Im very excited. Feels good to back in game again! TRuck was very clean, no dings or problems. A few paint chips from stones etc. but nothing a little TLC wont take care of.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Congrats! The orange is nice, one of a kind here, I have never seen a single one in this area actually. I am in a black '07, there's a few, the only thing that sets mine apart is I blackened the lights out and have a skull in the tow hitch.., I'll keep an eye out for you cruising on Elm st...

Oh, I didn't mention earlier, but we have an 07 Trailblazer too (not an SS). It does feel small compared to the Hummer but the smoother ride, very quiet ride and interior (they have some kind of soundblocking glass in the 07) is very nice in the TB..., and when we get it in it feels kinda like a sports car. the Hummer doesn't feel taht way, you know what I mean? It actually gets physically tiring driving it around after a while, it doesn't get out of it's own way. I don't know, maybe it's because I am a wimp and barely weigh 150lbs...