H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road
Default WHATS HAPPENING

it seems just by the limited postings and lyyle frequency of postings that interest in ye olde hummer is one the wane. i guess fewer people are buying -- well 40% fewer, and those who are buying aren't internet savvy or just dont care about getting more info. anyway, my opinion is that the hummer brand will eventually be sold by gm -- they hope soon, and the vehicle will be sold on a far more limited basis. i'll bet and indian or chinese automaker buys it because they can be sold in third world countries for off road use. i think the hummer brand is dead here with gas prices and the reawakening of interest in quality gas-saving small cars with either all wheel or front wheel drive. we just picked up the brand 09 jetta sportswagen, a pocet rocket with great space and comfort. the hummer goes when our lease runs out end of year. we also have a vw beetle convert, new. we loved the hummer, werent off-roaders, but love the look. i think the majority of hummer owners are in the same category. only a very small minority are offroaders and hummer lifestylers.my .02
Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WHATS HAPPENING

Yep, the price of fuel is killing the spirit of the Hummer corp...

Sad but true.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ryan Graham is on a distinguished road

While its true that gas prices have everyone reconsidering their purchases, small cars simply don't fit everyone's lifestyle. I also think you will grow to hate VW if you own any of them past about 70k.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the point of your post Nychot? This is essentially an identical post to the one you posted a little while back.
For those interested, I'll quote it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychot
Hummer sales are said to be down 43 percent. my dealer tells me they havent sold a new h3 in 2 months. they are lined up like dead dinosaurs. we stayed home this weekend. last gas i put in was $4.23 regular for my '07 h3 lux. were trying to decide what to get when the 27 month lease expires at the end of the year. wifey likes the vw gti, which can take regular and still gets 29 hwy. i want to look at the mini clubman and the 4 wd honda element. i think gas is never going to get cheaper than the high 3s a gallon. the hummer and other big suvs are just too expensive to drive. i read in the wall street journal that dealers wont even take hummers as trade ins. period. i'm glad i leased.

The only conclusion I can come to is that you're trying to provoke.

You're not an offroader, you bought the HUMMER for poser reasons only. Now you're repeating that you're going to be getting rid of it, NOBODY CARES. Go ahead and get rid of it, it'll find a better home.

No matter what happens to HUMMER, it's people like YOU who killed it.

So, go to a volkswagen forum, and complain about how VW doesn't want to come change your tire in your garage.

Last edited by RazM : 07-19-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

DID ANYONE THINK OF THIS i know hummer sales are down but maybe becuase of this.....people usually buy new cars when upgraded models/body changes on them come out, like when hte new BMW 3 series came out or the new Mercedes C class or new Porsche models (just to name a few)....but Hummer has never changed they vehicle, the H3 nor H2 (besides a couple minor upgrades im talking about major changes) and now tha both vehicles have been on the market a while people who want them already got them, and considering its a niche brand random people are gonna go "hey i want a hummer" so maybe now that everyone who had a lust to have one got theirs, why go out and buy a new one? Thats my .02 cents on why they arent selling as much....i do attribute some sales drop in the fact that gas is beyond insane becuase sure gas is expensive so maybe people who had one wont buy a new one if their lease is up or what not, but i do not account that for all 40% decrease in their sales. thats just my view.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 07-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
What's the point of your post Nychot? This is essentially an identical post to the one you posted a little while back.

You're not an offroader, you bought the HUMMER for poser reasons only. Now you're repeating that you're going to be getting rid of it, NOBODY CARES. Go ahead and get rid of it, it'll find a better home.

So, go to a volkswagen forum, and complain about how VW doesn't want to come change your tire in your garage.

well said, RazM ....

...also, many folks around here are buying or looking forward to buy new Hummer models, so the Hummer is not dead, not yet. We're going to see new '09 H3's and H2's, H3T's...all improved models, so who's dead? Off course some people swap their SUV's for small economy vehicles at the first minor inconvenience such as higher gas price - well those people shouldn't own them anyway to begin with. I admit that I'm proud to own my H3, and I'd feel extremely embarassed to trade-in for anything else except another Hummer.

Last edited by Dave92270 : 07-19-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

idiot, i supported the hummer brand by leasing one.

Quote:

Old 07-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

so why dont you LOYAL hummer people make an offer to gm they cant refuse. then you can make it a really exclusive club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
well said, RazM ....

...also, many folks around here are buying or looking forward to buy new Hummer models, so the Hummer is not dead, not yet. We're going to see new '09 H3's and H2's, H3T's...all improved models, so who's dead? Off course some people swap their SUV's for small economy vehicles at the first minor inconvenience such as higher gas price - well those people shouldn't own them anyway to begin with. I admit that I'm proud to own my H3, and I'd feel extremely embarassed to trade-in for anything else except another Hummer.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
change your tire in your garage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:44 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychot
i supported the hummer brand by leasing one

Sorry for giving you so much $hit, you're a loyal Hummer owner....

Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Hummer Novice

H_Cubed is on a distinguished road

He's a troll. Don't feed him.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Sydonnie is on a distinguished road

The HUMMER line of vehicles WONT be dead EVER!!

Maybe they would only produce VERY limited amount and the HUMMER owners population would be smaller.. all the better! Only true HUMMER lovers will buy them ( which makes sense).

Plus they will have to keep making parts for those who have HUMMERS, right?
As a matter of fact, i have a new HUMMER H2 design... maybe it will be available in the future ;-). Then they will sell like hot bread... yum yum!