H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Elcova Rookie

dbartromsut1 is on a distinguished road
Default Second Slantback Prototype and I need help!

Well, I have now built two slantbacks for H2 SUTs. The first one was pretty rough because I cut it out by hand and bent it by hand, but this one (the second prototype) looks pretty awesome! I had it laser cut and CNC bent so it turned out pretty amazing. I also put gas shocks to lift the hatch, locking latches on both sides, and real tinted safety glass instead of Plexiglas.

As I said it is still a prototype. This one is made out of 16 ga. sheet metal that has been powder coated texture black. The production version is going to be 1/8" aluminum anodized black with a few minor design changes.

The picture shows everything on the unit except for the rubber gaskets that seal it to the back of the truck and to the truck bed itself.

I have one problem though. I sold my H2 to buy a corvette and I don't have another SUT to take pictures of the finally product. I test fit it before it was coated and had the glass in it and it fit very well! It sealed up well enough to keep water out when it rained!

Anyways, I am really looking for someone that might be interested in purchasing the item, or someone that wants to meet up with me so I can stick it on their truck and take some pictures. I live in central Indiana and would be willing to drive to meet up with anyone that wouldn't mind letting me install it on their truck and take some pictures.

If all goes well I there may be an opportunity for someone to get their truck in the SEMA Las Vegas show next year. I have a couple companies interested in selling them for me and was invited to take my truck, but since I no longer have it maybe someone would be interested in taking their truck!

Let me know what you guys think! I will post some more pictures when I get a chance, and a better camera.

Cheers!

Dan
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Elcova Newbie

Robertb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Second Slantback Prototype and I need help!

If no one has contacted you yet. I might be interested in purchasing this from you. Send me a message and let me know. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

There are slantback conversions available on the market already. One forum member here from florida has one installed. Should be able to find it in the photo ride thread. BTW it looks pretty good!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

jmanley is on a distinguished road

I'm in ND and have a slantback as well on my 08 H2T.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Elcova Rookie

dbartromsut1 is on a distinguished road

Still haven't gotten any pictures on anyones ride yet! Let me know if you are willing and around central IN.

I have seen a few other renditions of the slantback on the market. My main purpose was to create one that is affordable and looks great. I believe my competition sells them for around $6500 and I am hoping I can sell them for less than half of that.

As for selling it. I will def. be selling it, but I really need to get some pictures of it on a truck. We could possibly work a deal out where the buyer must send me some pictures when they have it on their truck.

I am already working on the next topper, and hope to have it done in a couple months. It should look pretty close to the same as this one, but it will be made out of aluminum.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMDAT is on a distinguished road

I actually want one for my 05 SUT. I think they are pretty sweet but I cant see paying 6k for them. That is rediculous. Let me know what you wanna sell them for or even trade.....