H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Well this afternoon I went on a ride over to get some things at the hardware store, when I saw this nice looking trail up into some power lines. I turned up to find a CJ, 2 wranglers, and a 84 Toyota truck getting ready to head into the woods. I stopped and looked at the trail for a bit and thought to myself "I am going to take this". I had been in the area before with my 87 wrangler about 5 years ago, so I wanted to see if things had changed. The people up there came over to me and we spent time talking about the area and how there are not too many public areas that we are allowed to be on. They asked if I wanted to tag along and I took them up on the offer.

We started up a steep grade that leveled off into mud pit after mud pit. The trail then went into some tight areas in the woods (Mostly white Pine) After that much of the trail seemed to be straight up. Once to the top there was a heck of a nice view and a downhill with many rocks scattered about. It looks like mostly ATV have been in there...so we went down it and I was on pins and needles in a few spots. The Toyota flattened a bedside with a pine tree. I was lucky enough to make it through without a scratch...but was covered with mud! It was really funny looking at the brown hummer looking like a UPS truck.

At the end were a few more mud pits, and the CJ did get stuck in one spot. I think it was the line he took, and the tires (BFG AT's) he was running were pretty worn. The wranglers did fine (both TJ's with 6 inch lifts) No one had a winch but we didn't need one, I pulled him out without a problem. I did have to do a 4 point turn on the trail to go back and hook up to him! haha!

It was a great time all and all, and I have never been out with anyone I didn't know before so it was pretty interesting. I guess they are up there all the time, so I will probably go back to see if I can catch up with them. Next time I will bring the video camera. I had no intention of going off road today!

The guys at hardware store were like "where the heck did you come from"...I was like, "VT but I took a short cut." He said "through the river?"
Old 08-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Well this afternoon I went on a ride over to get some things at the hardware store, when I saw this nice looking trail up into some power lines. I turned up to find a CJ, 2 wranglers, and a 84 Toyota truck getting ready to head into the woods. I stopped and looked at the trail for a bit and thought to myself "I am going to take this". I had been in the area before with my 87 wrangler about 5 years ago, so I wanted to see if things had changed. The people up there came over to me and we spent time talking about the area and how there are not too many public areas that we are allowed to be on. They asked if I wanted to tag along and I took them up on the offer.

We started up a steep grade that leveled off into mud pit after mud pit. The trail then went into some tight areas in the woods (Mostly white Pine) After that much of the trail seemed to be straight up. Once to the top there was a heck of a nice view and a downhill with many rocks scattered about. It looks like mostly ATV have been in there...so we went down it and I was on pins and needles in a few spots. The Toyota flattened a bedside with a pine tree. I was lucky enough to make it through without a scratch...but was covered with mud! It was really funny looking at the brown hummer looking like a UPS truck.

At the end were a few more mud pits, and the CJ did get stuck in one spot. I think it was the line he took, and the tires (BFG AT's) he was running were pretty worn. The wranglers did fine (both TJ's with 6 inch lifts) No one had a winch but we didn't need one, I pulled him out without a problem. I did have to do a 4 point turn on the trail to go back and hook up to him! haha!

It was a great time all and all, and I have never been out with anyone I didn't know before so it was pretty interesting. I guess they are up there all the time, so I will probably go back to see if I can catch up with them. Next time I will bring the video camera. I had no intention of going off road today!

The guys at hardware store were like "where the heck did you come from"...I was like, "VT but I took a short cut." He said "through the river?"
Old 08-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I thought it was going to be about tooterpoots.

But that sounds cool VT, nothing like a little spontaneity. Plus, you got some new wheeling buddies.