H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 PM

steven is off the scale

I'm a reporter at the Washington Post and I'm interested in writing a story about what it's like to drive a Hummer on a typical day. I know there is a lot of skepticism of the media where Hummers are concerned, so let me explain where I'm coming from. This is not an anti-SUV or anti-Hummer piece, nor is it a pro-Hummer piece. It's just meant to be a day in the life of what it's like to drive this most unique vehicle. If there's anyone in the Washington area willing to let me tag along on a normal weekday, please e-mail me at ginsbergs@washpost.com. Thanks for any help,
Steven Ginsberg
Old 01-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought - why not check one out from a local dealer? They'd love the free publicity, and it would give you a good first-hand account of all the good and the bad.

Stacy
Old 01-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

If you'd like to fly out to Oregon I might be interested.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

I am in Philadelphia which isn't that far away. The drivers in our area might not be as bad as the beltway drivers I have heard about but we do have our fare amount of congestion.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Steven, I sent you an e-mail.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:12 PM

I would ask what the “angle” of the story will be... What makes the "day in the life" of an H2 owner so news worthy? Hope this is not a set up.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> nor is it a pro-Hummer piece <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Flag.....
Old 01-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Be wary of the Liberal News Media, they spin more than a 1991 Cougar in a snow storm.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:24 PM

steven is off the scale

Reporter Steven Ginsberg here again. Perhaps I should expand a little. Saying it's not an anti or pro-Hummer piece is my way of saying that I don't have an agenda. I just want to ride along with someone and see what it's like. I'd like to do this in a Hummer because it's like no car on the road, really no car in history. It seems interesting to me. I know there are a lot of things said and written about Hummers that Hummer owners don't like. This would be a chance for someone to address them. Hope that clears things up a little. Again, I can be reached at ginsbergs@washpost.com.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM

RoverRoller is off the scale

Washington Post? Liberal commie bastards. Everyone knows you The Post has an agenda, and that agenda is "hate America".
Old 01-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

Gang, I emailed with Steven a few times and he does seem interested. Yes, he did want to know how to parallel park the truck, but I got the joke.

And you all know I have NO love for the Washington Post. Make your own decision. But again, he did seem interesed in everyday owners living with their H2s.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:30 AM

I don't think anyone here (with the exception of trolls and DennisAJC) has anything but contempt for the Post. Subversive liberal fish wrapper.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Steven,

RoverRoller is one of many TROLLS that haunt our forum.

He might be of some use to you in giving the anti-Hummer side for your research.

Or in the future if you want to do "A day in the life of a burger flipper."

Rover,
Have you finished reading the manual yet bitch?

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-22-2005, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I am a troll to Dennis because I pointed out to him that if he ever dreamed of buying a Hummer in Canada, he would pay outrageous taxes and only a moron would be dumb enough to do such a thing.

Of course he is a moron so if he can find a way to steal $70,000 Canadian plus pay ungodly Canadian taxes he might be able to drive a Hummer one day.

But the closest thing he has ever had to a Hummer is that one night at the hockey game at the stadium when he put his little wee-wee in a gloryhole in the men’s bathroom while some hairy French dude fondled his nuts and felched his cum from French's anus. I hear Canada is very accepting of people like Dennis.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steven:
Reporter Steven Ginsberg here again. Perhaps I should expand a little. Saying it's not an anti or pro-Hummer piece is my way of saying that I don't have an agenda. I just want to ride along with someone and see what it's like. I'd like to do this in a Hummer because it's like no car on the road, really no car in history. It seems interesting to me. I know there are a lot of things said and written about Hummers that Hummer owners don't like. This would be a chance for someone to address them. Hope that clears things up a little. Again, I can be reached at ginsbergs@washpost.com. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can picture the scene :
Steven and the willing Hummer H2 owner are driving around on that day when all of a sudden, conveniently, a car full of anti H2 boneheads "happen" to drive by flipping the bird screaming anti-H2isms just as our new found buddy "Reporter Steven" snaps a few pictures for the cover story for the February 14th edition of the Washington Post, which reads:
NOT SUCH A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
That is for Hummer H2 owners

10 to 1 it's some sort of set up!

Old 01-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 10 to 1 it's some sort of set up! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed!
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoverRoller:
Yeah, I am a troll to Dennis because I pointed out to him that if he ever dreamed of buying a Hummer in Canada, he would pay outrageous taxes and only a moron would be dumb enough to do such a thing.

Of course he is a moron so if he can find a way to steal $70,000 Canadian plus pay ungodly Canadian taxes he might be able to drive a Hummer one day.

But the closest thing he has ever had to a Hummer is that one night at the hockey game at the stadium when he put his little wee-wee in a gloryhole in the men’s bathroom while some hairy French dude fondled his nuts and felched his cum from French's anus. I hear Canada is very accepting of people like Dennis. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weird... I could have sworn that the imaginary Hummer belonging to Dennis was real when I saw it/ leaned into it to look at the camera system/etc..
Glad you pointed that out. Dip****.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

It could get painfully real if I could find a way to get his foot in front of my tire.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

hey rover roller - This steven guy was looking for a ride to see what all the hoopla was about hummer owners. Maybe he was going to write crap , maybe he was going to write that were just normal people that like hummers, but now after reading your post he's probably going to write " yup stuck up , short fused , losers just like i figured". Come on give this guy a chance first before deciding he's against us.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:13 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

Don't you all think it's worth about 200 bucks an hour for him to get his story? Minimum 8 hours if you could put up with his BS that long.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Posted by Dug3x3:
Maybe he was going to write crap , maybe he was going to write that were just normal people that like hummers, but now after reading your post he's probably going to write " yup stuck up , short fused , losers just like i figured". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Naw, after corresponding with him myself, he now KNOWS we are all full of crap. AND he knows I/many don't like the Post.