H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I heard in 10 years that most of GM's vehicles will be made in China!, so you have 10 good years of Hummer buying before the quality takes a dive. I rally hope this dosen't happen, as I hate **** made in China or anything to do with China for that matter.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I heard in 10 years that most of GM's vehicles will be made in China!, so you have 10 good years of Hummer buying before the quality takes a dive. I rally hope this dosen't happen, as I hate **** made in China or anything to do with China for that matter.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got out of diversity training and learned that you must open your mind to the positive of this before passing judgement. what good will this bring to the company? and to the employees? im sure it will be splendid!~!!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats funny is all this $hit being outsourced to be made in China and in time (all be it years) china will end up owning us.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
I just got out of diversity training and learned that you must open your mind to the positive of this before passing judgement. what good will this bring to the company? and to the employees? im sure it will be splendid!~!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snap out of it!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 06:35 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Don't under estimate the Chinese. They are a serious threat.

The Chinese are very amibitious... cold blooded about what it takes to get ahead... and making better and better stuff every year. They are the next Japan, just 10-15 times larger.

Don't get me wrong, I worry like hell about US industrial base taking a nose dive. It is not good!

But then I look at the cost of doing business here and the reason for the nose dive is obvious!

Everybody constantly demands the lowest possible price on the goods they buy... and it costs a *&^% fortune to do business here, so companies send their production to China to get a better price. Either companies off-shore or they die.

Here's the truth most Amercians don't want to face:

YOUR HOUSE HAS NOT GONE UP IN VALUE!

Instead the value of your dollar went down! We had massive inflation. Consumer debt (all forms including mortgages) went from 7 trillion 12 years ago to 23+ trillion today.

Massive money over supply = inflation (simple)

Most people missed it completely!

-You see normally when the dollar drops, the cost of everyday goods (household crap, cars, clothes) goes up. Then people say AH! inflation!

While the value of the dollar plummented, the cost of goods dropped fast enough to offset it. Most stuff people watch tolookout for inflation didn't change in price. So most people are oblivious to what's happening.

Proof?

Things of finite supply hold value over time. They are inflation-proof. Three examples are: GOLD, LAND, and ENERGY

Land held its value as the dollar has dropped. (Check house prices up about 50% in the last 5 years)

Energy held its value. (Check gas price vs 5 years ago -50% up)

Gold is catching up VERY FAST.

Are the Chinese a threat. Yes.

Are they to blame? No. The blame is our own fault for too much *^*^ intergenerational overhead (Massive unfunded pensions, entitlements, social security) and waste (absurd lawsuits, gov't fat cat deals, and non-value add ecomonic activity)

But that's another story.

I find it tough to blame the Chinese for simply doing what is asked of them at a great price.

Last time I checked, that was the American way...

Rant over!!!

(Playing with plastic dinosaur again)

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 01-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9909202/from/RL.5/
Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 PM

ODAMO is off the scale

If we lose our ability to manufacture ( we are) then we will eventually lose our ability to defend our nation. PERIOD - end of discussion -

FIXING CHINEESE JUNK......AGAIN
Old 01-17-2006, 06:55 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ODAMO:
If we lose our ability to manufacture ( we are) then we will eventually lose our ability to defend our nation. PERIOD - end of discussion -
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN!

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 01-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

you have some valid points, shipbldr....
let me preface this by saying to go into this in depth would fill an encyclopedia. ill touch on a few...
a big reason why there is more money than supply (or goods) is because of all the millions made by "dot com'ers." real estate "flipping." and anything else where real money is made without a tangible item produced. we buy our tangible items from companies overseas. were putting their people to work.
people to work, hmmmm. why do companies start factories in mexico? because they dont wanna pay the highway robbery tax system we now have here and we dont want to pay for products at a price where a union labor force is making 30 dollars an hour to assemble electronic boards.
hence, slowly but surely our country is falling into 2 categories, highly paid, very specialized labor, and lower skilled manual laborers. the middle class is shrinking. it now takes 2 salaries to maintain the lifestyle americans were accustomed to years ago on 1 salary. where is much of that second salary going? to day cares and retirement funds and many other things where no tangible product is produced. or at least not produced in this country.
we could go on and on....its very complex and very global.
as far as the chinese, without going into the politics of "diversity training" too much, just keep in mind how huge they are and how very, very, different their ideas are on human rights issues. they are a huge military power, what happens if and when they ever become a huge economic power?
on the bright side, very very seldom are wars fought between countries that make money off each other.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bill1065 is off the scale

Frankly I think we are pretty much already owned by China and foreign oil. They don't need a war to bring us to our knees, just a joint boycott.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM

Grandman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
I just got out of BRAIN WASHING and learned that you must open your mind to the positive of this before passing judgement. what good will this bring to the company? and to the employees? im sure it will be splendid!~!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed it for ya . I dont buy forigein built autos , when GM has them built there can sell them there .
Old 01-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether or not China or even Korea is the place where the Hummer will eventually be made may be determined in the next few years.

Not to sound like a union basher, but the UAW has to wake up and realize the auto companies can no longer guarantee their pay if a plant closes.

The job banks was originally setup for the temporary closing of a plant so that the workers would be around in a few months when the plant reopened. However, GM alone, pays over 700 Mil to workers who are not working. This has to go, and they should have the same permanent layoff policy that the salaried worker has: one month severance for each year worked, with a maximum of 15 years.

The UAW worker also has to start paying their share for health care. As a salaried worker, I pay over 70 per month for my health care (not counting life/accident insurance). I AM NOT COMPLAINING, but hearing the UAW workers complain about paying the same amount, makes me furious, and it is causing a large split between the salaried and factory workers at GM.

Whether or not they wake up to this in the 07 contract talks is up to debate. However, if they get stubborn and refuse to listen, they will find out GM can and possibly will go bankrupt, and do a Delphi. Keep their overseas plants, but close the US plants.

GM management over the many years, is also to blame. One for signing these contracts without seeing the future. For not making decent vehicles back in the 70s and 80s, and not designing what the customer wants. I believe they now make a quality product, and the designs are getting better.

As for losing our manufacturing we lose our defense, I could not agree more. Just look at WWII. The US was able to fight on two fronts, equipped two forces (Pacific/Atlantic) with some of the best equipment, due to the fact we were the largest manufacturing nation in the world. It took time, but the US auto manufacturer and others converted their factories from cars and trucks to tanks and planes. (GM, through their Fisher Guide Division was the largest producer of Grease Guns in WWII, and I don't mean the grease gun used to lubricate a car.)

The other problem is, and this is nothing against anyone here, but the purchase of Japanese transplant vehicles. Yes, this put Americans to work, yes, Americans have a right to purchase whatever they please, but the US car manufactures invest more back into this country in one year, then most Japanese manufactures invest in 10 years. And by investment, I don't just mean building big plants, I mean taxes, workers salaries, etc.

I personally will never purchase a Japanese vehicle; I'm pissed that there are numerous Japanese components on US made vehicles; but to purchase a Japanese vehicle would in my mind, be an insult to the military that fought in WWII, and especially my Uncles, one who fought and told me about the war in the pacific, the other who died somewhere in Bataan, never did find out if it was during the March, or toward the end of the war when they Japanese burned POWs alive; not sure if anyone really knows.

Guess I have said enough to pee off some, but after work today, I really felt like ranting. Time to head for the local pup....
Old 01-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

say what ya like.....everything u said was factually based rather than opinion anyway. (im not sure abt the 10:1 ratio but oh well)

i was disgusted when the smithsonian wanted to take down the enola gay exhibit because they felt it was "offensive to the japanese." those old men (american ww2 vets) marched the smithsonian in protest. they marched as they had marched defending our country and every other country affected. some of those men cried. finally the smithsonian reconsidered. what will happen when there are no more old men who were there to protest some of this absurd "politically correct" actions? are we to forget history in the interest of politically correct?

so fstop, buy what u want. i can understand why u wouldnt want to buy a japanese product, but i believe thats impossible in todays world.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

JV1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whether or not China or even Korea is the place where the Hummer will eventually be made may be determined in the next few years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The day that Hummers are made in China or Korea is the day that I don't buy one. I will never buy a vehicle that is made in china or korea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Not to sound like a union basher, but the UAW has to wake up and realize the auto companies can no longer guarantee their pay if a plant closes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate unions. In our history they served a very important function. When they started protecting drunks coming to work, workers that constantly scrap parts because they don't care, and people who don't do any work, well that totally turned me off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The job banks was originally setup for the temporary closing of a plant so that the workers would be around in a few months when the plant reopened. However, GM alone, pays over 700 Mil to workers who are not working. This has to go, and they should have the same permanent layoff policy that the salaried worker has: one month severance for each year worked, with a maximum of 15 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GM management over the many years, is also to blame. One for signing these contracts without seeing the future. For not making decent vehicles back in the 70s and 80s, and not designing what the customer wants. I believe they now make a quality product, and the designs are getting better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GM management is even more responsible for all this crap because they let the union run the company.

As for losing our manufacturing we lose our defense, I could not agree more. Just look at WWII. The US was able to fight on two fronts, equipped two forces (Pacific/Atlantic) with some of the best equipment, due to the fact we were the largest manufacturing nation in the world. It took time, but the US auto manufacturer and others converted their factories from cars and trucks to tanks and planes. (GM, through their Fisher Guide Division was the largest producer of Grease Guns in WWII, and I don't mean the grease gun used to lubricate a car.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now the best for last. The biggest problem (not GM only) is the lack of competent leadership. The CEO's of the big companies today are not real leaders. One does something and they all fall in line like a bunch of obedient soldiers. They can't think for themselves. Today they are outsourcing jobs to India and third world countries for the almighty SHORT TERM dollar. In most cases they are training workers in those countries how to do everything. In ten or twenty years they are going to stand there and ask how come these countries are eating our lunch? How did this happen? It happened because the CEO's who are being paid astronomical salaries and bonuses are not competent to manage companies for the long term. It's time for shareholders to stand up for themselves and demand competent leadership for fair compensation. Until that happens, I am sorry to say, not just GM, but this entire country is doomed.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ODAMO:

FIXING CHINEESE JUNK......AGAIN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And anyone that can't see that has their head up and locked!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
I heard in 10 years that most of GM's vehicles will be made in China!, so you have 10 good years of Hummer buying before the quality takes a dive. I rally hope this dosen't happen, as I hate **** made in China or anything to do with China for that matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard from Al Gore and the other LIEBERALS that the sky is falling and the end is near.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:52 PM

Kid Shyleen is off the scale

Totally agree fstop! Well said. And after all, the H3 would have been larger, had a stock V8 and been more capable had the unions let Hummer do what Hummer wanted to do!

BUY AMERICAN!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BUY AMERICAN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BUY AMERICAN while you still can.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer*Man:
Avian Flu coupled with the impending labor revolt in China make this a non-issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What makes you think there will be a labor revvolt?