H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

TTLex is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone running Nitto MT's?

Im looking for 38's for my H2. I just came across a good deal on some basically new Nitto MT's, 38.15.5x20. I was really looking for some Toyo's or Mickey Thompson ATZ's, but cant find them at a decent price.

Does anyone have any feeback on the Nitto's? How are they on the road for ride and noise, do they balance up good, how do they wear, etc, etc...

thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone running Nitto MT's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTLex
Im looking for 38's for my H2. I just came across a good deal on some basically new Nitto MT's, 38.15.5x20. I was really looking for some Toyo's or Mickey Thompson ATZ's, but cant find them at a decent price.

Does anyone have any feeback on the Nitto's? How are they on the road for ride and noise, do they balance up good, how do they wear, etc, etc...

thanks in advance

If you like it loud... then, you'll love them!! They will definitely piss off people on their cell phones if their windows are open!! lol You can get on a avg of 30-35K on them even with rotations....
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

Are these the Nitto Trail Grapper MT or the Nitto Mud Grapplers? The trail grapper is their newest tire and has a similar tread patter to a Toyo MT or something like that. I imagine it wouldn't be as loud on the road as the chunky tread pattern of the Nitto Mud Grapplers. From what users of the Mud Grapplers say, they are LOUD, possibly one of the loudest tires available next to super swampers and massivly agressive tires like that.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

racer24 is on a distinguished road

I was running 38 in Mickey Thompson MTZ"s and switched to Goodyear MT/R's size 40's. They are in my opinion a very quiet tire but aggressive tread.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Hummer Professional

PaHumBug is on a distinguished road

I've only had the Nitto MT's for 6 months so it's hard to comment on wear. I like them, they do make noise but it's not retarded loud. I have 37's but they actually measure at 36. I did run into trouble getting my truck aligned because of the "rim guard" on the tires (they stick out past the rims near the bead). I don't know the lingo but something about the 20" rims and 37" tires, the machine they need no one has locally (small town), so they had to air down my tires and squeeze the rim clips on the rim and were afraid they were going to scratch the rims (they didn't though).
Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

racer24 is on a distinguished road

I still have my Mickey Thompsons which are 38's and 18 inch chrome Driv wheels for sale. i am thinking of asking one thousand for all four. The tires are MTZ's and are 38x15.50x18.