H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-05-2005, 04:15 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Okay - I've looked on the WARN website and they offer a very cool looking, almost hidden winch/bumper setup for the H2. Is anyone using this? If not, what winch system DO you all use?
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2005, 04:15 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Okay - I've looked on the WARN website and they offer a very cool looking, almost hidden winch/bumper setup for the H2. Is anyone using this? If not, what winch system DO you all use?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:05 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

I use a milemarker 12,000lb hyraulic winch. Its mounted in a cradle I can move front to back bumper.

Strong. Silent. 100% duty cycle. & contrary to everthing I heard before shopping, it cost about the same as an elctric winch once you added up all the bits and pieces.

It looks pretty butch too.
Attached Images

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm planning on the drtyfn winch... one of these days Seen it up close and definately better than warn bumper..

'03 H2
Old 10-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am running the Warn Winch 9.5 TI.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:29 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arizona Hummerboy:
I am running the Warn Winch 9.5 TI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it attached? Pics please?

Sean
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
Okay - I've looked on the WARN website and they offer a very cool looking, almost hidden winch/bumper setup for the H2. Is anyone using this? If not, what winch system DO you all use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Hummer Professional

Ernie Italy is off the scale

9000 lbs portable Ramsey Winch. I dont have make any kind of wiring inside.. I have cable short or long to connect in front or rear. The winch remain in the cargo area...
Old 10-05-2005, 01:32 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Hey Paragon,
I see from your pic (NICE rig) that you're using the winch system I'm considering. Did you install it yourself? Does it interfere at all with the front approach angle? Any problems or concerns with it? Would you buy the same unit again? How much did you pay for it?

I really appreciate the info. I nearly got stuck in heavy, thick mud a couple of weeks ago going 5 miles across a supposedly "dry" lakebed in the desert. After tons of rocking, steering wheel swaying, and SWEATING, I got across. But I promised myself a winch and a Pull Pal before going back!

Thanks again,

Sean
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

not mine..but nice...

'03 H2
Old 10-05-2005, 08:53 PM

Bondage is off the scale

I just got quoted $2,040 for the bumper setup, winch, and installation. Sound about right?

Sean
Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

Approach angle.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2005, 11:37 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
I just got quoted $2,040 for the bumper setup, winch, and installation. Sound about right?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which winch and bumper?

(Could be about right...)

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 10-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

rusty is off the scale

were you aired down in the mud? did you use low w/ tc2? I had simailar experience and took bout 45min of floorin & rockin to get out?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rusty:
were you aired down in the mud? did you use low w/ tc2? I had simailar experience and took bout 45min of floorin & rockin to get out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was aired down to 18psi, and using 4low w/tc2. This mud is like a heavy clay and very sticky, thick, and nasty. It took me some time too, and I was just glad to get out at all! Actually, some super moded Bronco had passed me coming the other way a few miles before I got to the lake and he said he and eight other vehicles (mostly Jeeps) had tried, failed, and gone back and around. He pointed to my Hummer and said, "I wouldn't try it in that." After that, I HAD to do it.

Sean
Old 10-06-2005, 08:35 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which winch and bumper?

(Could be about right...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Warn H2 bumper kit and the 9.5xp winch.

Sean
Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which winch and bumper?

(Could be about right...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Warn H2 bumper kit and the 9.5xp winch.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still sounds about right.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arizona Hummerboy:
I am running the Warn Winch 9.5 TI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it attached? Pics please?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Warn 9.5ti and multi-mount combo mount in your hitch receiver. Assuming you wire both the front and rear, you can use it from either end. More info here: http://warn.com/truck/winches/src/9.5ti.shtml

Edit: Wrong link. Should be http://warn.com/truck/winches/src/95ti_multimount.shtml