H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale
Default My Baby (My H2) Is Sick

I had to change that title so none of you got too upset. My poor H2 keeps revving at random, and has had to go in for a checkup. I am so sad that we are parted today. I hope they take good care of it, or else!

I got an AWESOME 2003 Malibu as a loaner. I can see why GM was in such deep trouble! What a POS. Compared to the current Malibu, what a difference. No wonder people choose Hondas and Toyotas. I don't like them much, but they're better than this Chevy. Now I understand why many people still have that "I'd never buy a Chevy/GM product". I am happy to have something to drive though. Just an interesting comparison between this 2003 and some (ALL) of the newer products. Hard to believe that my H2 was built in 2004 and is so incredibly different from this Malibu probably built in 2003. Granted, there's a price difference, but still.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Baby (My H2) Is Sick

Sorry Aubs. Here's my favorite Malibu loaner quote from Dan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan:

Check the SUT into service and start with the loaner process. Service writer on the phone:

"What do you have for cars? Where's the Tahoe? What about the Trailblazer? ..... Ok, pull that up."

A minute or two later he points out the window to a purple minivan. I laughed at him and said "Im not driving that. What else do you have?"

Drove away in a green Malibu, pissed. The thing stinks so bad I can smell it on my clothes today at work. I emptied a bottle of Febreeze in it before bed, left the windows down all night, and it didnt touch the stench. There are spent matches on the drivers floor where someone apparently was lighting smokes and throwing them on the floor. There are other unidentifiable odors which could be coffee, chili, or something I don't want to know about.

Its unwashed, unvacuumed, I had to clean the inside of the windshield since I couldnt see crap in the sun from the smoke haze, and the front marker light is out and people can't tell if I'm turning. The thing only has ~9000 miles on it too!

What would you all do? They better fix my truck FAST
Old 07-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

We sold a few H2's and H3's to the local rental companies and got them to agree to keep them for our use only. Occassionaly we do run out, but we try to keep HUMMER for HUMMER owners. After a few minivan discussions, I have forbid minivans to be used. Dont know why the owners dont like them
Old 07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Sorry Aubs. Here's my favorite Malibu loaner quote from Dan.

Thanks for the sympathy. That's a great quote. Mine smells awful, but at least it's vacuumed. The gas gauge is hilarious though. The thing has markings down to like the 1/32! I always wanted to know how many 1/32's I had left in my tank.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
We sold a few H2's and H3's to the local rental companies and got them to agree to keep them for our use only. Occassionaly we do run out, but we try to keep HUMMER for HUMMER owners. After a few minivan discussions, I have forbid minivans to be used. Dont know why the owners dont like them

Unfortunately, I took it to my brother-in-law's Chevy/Cadillac/Hyandai dealership, so I get whatever he gives out. I can't believe the Cadillac guys get these things too. They had only Prisms, Cavaliers, and old Malibus. I just hope they don't hurt my baby.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubs
Unfortunately, I took it to my brother-in-law's Chevy/Cadillac/Hyandai dealership, so I get whatever he gives out. I can't believe the Cadillac guys get these things too. They had only Prisms, Cavaliers, and old Malibus. I just hope they don't hurt my baby.

sometimes having a "connection" is a good thing, sometimes its not
Hope it doesn't take too long to fix your "baby", wouldn't want you to get used to the Malibu and have to join a new forum
Old 07-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Quote:
I got an AWESOME 2003 Malibu as a loaner.

Sorry to hear about the H2. Funny or maybe not so funny thing is that's the same loaner I got when my truck had to be repainted.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinH2
Sorry to hear about the H2. Funny or maybe not so funny thing is that's the same loaner I got when my truck had to be repainted.
I at least get Impalas my loaners No wait Not an Escalade, CTX, STS, Tahoe or H3. They've always been pretty clean, but driven hard. Very shakey at highway speeds and under braking.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
sometimes having a "connection" is a good thing, sometimes its not
Hope it doesn't take too long to fix your "baby", wouldn't want you to get used to the Malibu and have to join a new forum

Haha, yeah. I just drove by there a bit ago, and it's still sitting outside waiting! I'm going to call around 2:30 and tell them, "Listen, this Malibu, it just isn't working for me. You better have my car, even if it's not fixed, ready for the 4th! I need to take some chicks out!!! "

Old 07-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Haha, yeah. I just drove by there a bit ago, and it's still sitting outside waiting! I'm going to call around 2:30 and tell them, "Listen, this Malibu, it just isn't working for me. You better have my car, even if it's not fixed, ready for the 4th! I need to take some chicks out!!! "

Chicks?? The Malibu wont work?? HAHA Sorry for your pain. If your truck is not ready maybe they can upgrade the loaner. Maybe someone else turned has turned theirs in. Good Luck!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We sold a few H2's and H3's to the local rental companies and got them to agree to keep them for our use only. Occassionaly we do run out, but we try to keep HUMMER for HUMMER owners.
I don't get loaners from you.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Drive it like ya STOLE IT!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
I don't get loaners from you.

OOUCH THAT JUST HURTS BUT I LIKE IT
Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang, 3 Way Hummer/Cadillac/Chevrolet treats us GREAT! We're ridin' around in a Cadillac STS! Good car as far as cars go.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

When you get a crappy loaner it is always good practice to press the brake and the gas at the same time. If it does not make sufficient rubber peeling noise you can always give it a shot while turning--this will certainly increase the probablity of substantial tire noise

Last loaner i got was a big caddy--not exactly a Hummer, but the northstar peeled out like a dream!

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 07-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ricco is off the scale

Thats funny stuff .Last time i took mine in i got a 03 Malibu to and it smelled like crap from smoke.Must be a curse of some kind.Now it goes in again on Tues and i get the same POS car back.
2000 gallons of water
little bit of dirt
mix well
ENJOY
Old 07-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
When you get a crappy loaner it is always good practice to press the brake and the gas at the same time. If it does not make sufficient rubber peeling noise you can always give it a shot while turning--this will certainly increase the probablity of substantial tire noise

Hahaha. I spun out of a few stop signs trying to get used to front wheel drive. I pretty much beat it as much as I could. I ran back in today, and was pestering them to get the car back together so I could have it. I had serious withdrawl symptoms...

I found out the the driver's rear exhaust manifold is missing a bolt, and leaking. That's making a puttering noise. Maybe someone can tell me how easy that is to fix. They wanted $180 + tax. I said I'll think about it. No word on the engine thing though. I had them check the brakes as well. Almost 50K, and the brakes are still pretty good (so I was told; I'll post the numbers a bit later and have you guys tell me, because I have no idea). The brakes don't have as much play in them now, which is good... Or maybe it's that the brakes on the Malibu were pretty sucky.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
Dang, 3 Way Hummer/Cadillac/Chevrolet treats us GREAT! We're ridin' around in a Cadillac STS! Good car as far as cars go.

If I work for him, which I may (I asked for an internet division sales job today, since he doesn't have one), things might just change! Especially if HUMMER comes into town with Saturn and Saab. I don't think it's fair to give Cadillac owners (who cares about the Toyota/Hyandai guys ) a POS to drive around when their Escalade is in for service. At least something new, like a Cobalt would be nice. Even a Colorado. I think 1. You should make the service experience worth coming back for, and 2. Putting people in new cars (like maybe the HHR) is like getting them to come in for a test drive. That to me seems like a wasted sales opportunity. But he was Dealer of the Year or something, so I suppose his strategy is working just fine. It could always be better!
Old 07-04-2006, 03:59 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I got an AWESOME 2003 Malibu as a loaner. I can see why GM was in such deep trouble! What a POS. ...Now I understand why many people still have that "I'd never buy a Chevy/GM product". I am happy to have something to drive though...

Hey!
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 07-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoGMPG
Hey!

Well, I like the new products. They're quite an improvement.

I found the missing bolt on the exhaust. It's at the rear of the engine on the drivers side. It's the last bolt that holds the manifold onto the engine block. Does anyone know what bolt I might be looking for? The service department also said it might need a gasket, but I don't know if that's accurate. Seems like the gasket should be ok.