H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

rob85635 is on a distinguished road
Default My new H3 needs, soliciting recommendations

I am going to post to a couple forums to solicit input regarding my new H3 I got friday. Adventure package 3.7L Boulder Gray. I am going to list the things I want and was hoping for recommendations on brand names, good prices and sources for the items. I am looking for all products in black, I like chrome, but I like the black better. Any input is greatly appreciated.

1. Nerf Bar or skid plate/runner that has a step up. I have to get this first, my wife insists on it since she is all of 5'1" at her tallest. She literally has to "hop" in.

2. Front brush guard and / :

3. Front brush guard / winch combination.

4. Locking gas cap.

5. Low profile roof rack with either built in lighting or one that I can add lighting to later.

6. Tire cover (canvas/leather type is fine, or better but must be black and prefer either no writing or "Hummer" only.

Thanks for any input. I am trying to buy the best I can with the money I have. I don't need top of the line anything but I don't want something that is going to break. I live in Arizona and will be taking it out Ghost Town hunting when I get the stuff on I need.

Rob
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My new H3 needs, soliciting recommendations

NOT Fair!
you get your fingers working and look on the web for some of the 50 or so companies who sell or resale parts!

trail duty
h2oh
suvxessories

good places and here somo click above..... shshhhhhhhhhhh
Old 05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob85635
I am going to post to a couple forums to solicit input regarding my new H3 I got friday. Adventure package 3.7L Boulder Gray. I am going to list the things I want and was hoping for recommendations on brand names, good prices and sources for the items. I am looking for all products in black, I like chrome, but I like the black better. Any input is greatly appreciated.

1. Nerf Bar or skid plate/runner that has a step up. I have to get this first, my wife insists on it since she is all of 5'1" at her tallest. She literally has to "hop" in.

4. Locking gas cap.

5. Low profile roof rack with either built in lighting or one that I can add lighting to later.

6. Tire cover (canvas/leather type is fine, or better but must be black and prefer either no writing or "Hummer" only.

Thanks for any input. I am trying to buy the best I can with the money I have. I don't need top of the line anything but I don't want something that is going to break. I live in Arizona and will be taking it out Ghost Town hunting when I get the stuff on I need.

Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Nerf-Step-Bars-HUMMER-H3-06-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33650QQihZ013QQitemZ 230127525182QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

these are Chrome Tubular assist steps that i got, however i paid $110. Also tubular assist steps normally people dont like stepping on them. The U-shaped assist steps or the flat black assist steps are better if you really want people to step on it.
I have the tubular and knowone steps on it, they just run and hop.

The spare tire cover, you also can get that on ebay because u want it only to say hummer. Mine came from my dealer and therefore it has the dealer name, but i dont mind, its not the "bag" one, and not the h3x hardcover but right in between. You can actually go to your dealer and they might throw it in if its not too late, if you hadn't paid they probably would!

Locking gas cap you can get from Elcovas online store. I prefer the look of the OEM gas cap, but it also is near $200 and is not locking. Ebay you can find gas caps for $80 thats locking, but unlike the assist steps they dont look like the GM product.

Front brush guards are quite expensive, im looking for the chrome one right now, and its always near $400, so i might be forced to buy it from the dealer.

My hummer came with chrome roofracks, and it seems low profile, however im not sure about the lighting hookups.

My dealer was really nice, he didnt have the hummer that i wanted (chrome tubular assist steps, and fuel door) so he just subtracted from the price of the car, so i can buy it elsewhere, and I did.

I dont know if that helped
2007 Black H3, Adventure Package, Chrome Appearance, Chrome Cross Bars, Moonroof, Tow Package, Chrome Tubular Assist Steps. "My golly, this is by far the best looking 2007 H3 you will ever never witness"

My H3 is gods gift to man.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yes, thanks for the help. I will check ebay. As I stated I like the look of the black so I will be looking for a nerf bar in black. And yes, it will get used, my wife wants it... shes a shortie.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Hummer Professional

SR1355 is on a distinguished road

How do you intend to use your H3, no off road, mod off road, extreme off road???? Would make a difference in equipment selection....

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron
Old 05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

My offroading will be moderate at the most if I have anything to do with it. I will not be travelling long distances to go to any of the extreme offroading events or anything like that.

Where I live (Arizona) there are tons of dirt roads that lead to all kinds of places. One of the places I went to a few years ago absolutely required 4wd low and even then my friends veh barely made it. I was scared silly but it was fun.

I will be using my hummer as soon as I get my winch and brushguard and nerf bar to go explore these old trails that I have not been to in years. One of the places leads to my friends dads old mining camp. He had a claim on the backside of the Huachuca Mountains in the 70s and mined silver/nickel as a hobby with a friend. He was a full time Highway Patrolman who is now retired. My friend showed me this neat old place and I think I remember how to get there but it was a bit of a rough trip.

It has been years so who knows, the roads have either been improved in some of these areas or the Monsoons have made them worse. Some may now be on private property for all I know. I am just looking forward to getting out.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
NOT Fair!
you get your fingers working and look on the web for some of the 50 or so companies who sell or resale parts!

Trust me, my fingers are worn to the bone. There are to many of these places, thats why I am asking for recommendations. The Dominator II nerf board is awesome, but I called the manufacturer and they don't make it for H3 and don't have plans to.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

4. Locking gas cap.

Rob

just scrap that list let me tell ya what you need

first get some 35's
second thing you need is UC protection and rock rails
the very last and most important thing is a can of black spray paint .
then your all set man

JMTCW
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

I am assuming 35s mean tires. Probably out of my budget at this time. hehe
Old 05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am assuming 35s mean tires. Probably out of my budget at this time. hehe

tires are correct i hear ya man i was gonna add a bunch of bling but after the tires i could only afford a can of spray paint

however you want to do your truck is great , theres people here with just about everything you could imagine , from insane stereos to insane chrome , just make it your own

check the company store at the top of the page for some cool stuff . or browse some pix to get an idea of the route you want to take .

congrats and welcome
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 05-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOCON1
tires are correct i hear ya man i was gonna add a bunch of bling but after the tires i could only afford a can of spray paint

however you want to do your truck is great , theres people here with just about everything you could imagine , from insane stereos to insane chrome , just make it your own

check the company store at the top of the page for some cool stuff . or browse some pix to get an idea of the route you want to take .

congrats and welcome

build it the way you want....most of the stuuf can be found on ebay as cheap as anywhere else...do it bits and pieces at a time.. congrats...oh yeah pics are required..
Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Hummer Expert

BigPoppa1411 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My offroading will be moderate at the most if I have anything to do with it. I will not be travelling long distances to go to any of the extreme offroading events or anything like that.

Where I live (Arizona) there are tons of dirt roads that lead to all kinds of places. One of the places I went to a few years ago absolutely required 4wd low and even then my friends veh barely made it. I was scared silly but it was fun.

I will be using my hummer as soon as I get my winch and brushguard and nerf bar to go explore these old trails that I have not been to in years. One of the places leads to my friends dads old mining camp. He had a claim on the backside of the Huachuca Mountains in the 70s and mined silver/nickel as a hobby with a friend. He was a full time Highway Patrolman who is now retired. My friend showed me this neat old place and I think I remember how to get there but it was a bit of a rough trip.

It has been years so who knows, the roads have either been improved in some of these areas or the Monsoons have made them worse. Some may now be on private property for all I know. I am just looking forward to getting out.
Where in Az do you live? Im in Tucson, but originally from small farming town by Douglas.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Where in Az do you live? Im in Tucson, but originally from small farming town by Douglas.

I live in Sierra Vista.

Howdy neighbor.