H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

hotstang46` is on a distinguished road
Default Use this to prevent Scratches Instead of Wax

I've run across some threads recently about people getting some minor scratches from offroading and whatnot. Just thought I should share a little knowledge that has worked for me. Instead of using wax you guys should be using this......

http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss.html

It does everything that wax does and then some. It forms a protective hardened shell around the car to help deflect potential scratches from the paint. Plus it usually lasts me 8-10 months. The only downside is that it's not 100% as shiny as wax. On a scale of 1-10, Wax being a 10 I'd say this stuff is a 9. So it's a minimal shine difference at best, plus if you really wanted to it can be waxed over either with a synthetic or carnuba for that tiny extra shine. ( i prefer meguiars NXT 2.0, even the super pricy stuff doesn't outshine or outlast it).

But just remember, before you apply this stuff you need to have your paint free from all gunk so you don't seal it in. I would recommend you clay bar (which is super easy) followed by meguiars #205 (to clean), then meguiars glaze (to polish the paint)....then the klasse. I know it takes awhile but then you're good for almost a year and you'll be amazed how easy stuff comes off your truck and many less scratches you'll pic up. You guys will swear buy it after the first time you do it.

Hope this helps someone

Last edited by hotstang46` : 08-29-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Use this to prevent Scratches Instead of Wax

Looks like the same stuff I used on my boat ONCE. After 6 to 8 months is started to yellow. If there are any inpefections or dirt remaining after the application, they're going to be there to you get the stuff off.

If it is the same, I'd advise against it. I think I'd rather deal with the detailer.

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used it and it doesn't prevent scratches. As far as old time waxes go, it was good. But Tech Wax is the new hotness.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

After over 40 years of wheeling offroad I've found that (1) You have to have a good brand of sealer injected in your tires - the green goop the border patrol uses is the best I've found (2) You're going to get scratches no matter how much wax, how many brush guards, and even if you keep your side step tubing on to protect (3) Breakdowns and flats occur in the farthest possible point from a road, when your buddies have already turned around and headed home, and on ground you can't jack your vehicle up or get a tow rope on easily.