H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Elcova Newbie

adtubman is off the scale
Default ride height sensor part #?

Been browsing here for years but rarely have needed to post due to all the great info! My ride is a 2003 H2 SUT. I am having a problem with my left rear ride height sensor (pretty sure that's the issue at this point), some days works some days won't. I would like to replace it. I am being told by my (very young) gm mechanic that the part has been upgraded and requires the sensor and the redesigned harness (part #s 15124930 and 88964339). I am wondering if it might be possible to just replace it with an equivalent 'original' sensor without getting into the upgrade. If so, I guess I would need to locate the part but I'm not sure if the part number above would be good for the 'old' sensor or if that is just the part number for the upgraded sensor. Anyone have any info on what the 'original' left ride height sensor part number might be and if so, any suggestions on where best to try to locate an original item (think I saw a contact for parts on the forum at one time)?

Any help is appreciated! Amberlyn
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ride height sensor part #?

You can use new new style ride height sensor with the original wiring and connector. You need to cut the shrink wrap off the original connector then it can be disconnected from the old sensor. Then remove the original harness from the harness retainer to extend the length so it will reach the new sensor when mounted. They are very tough to seat the connector fully on the sensor but with a sey of channel lock pliers goes pretty easy. Be careful not to break the retaining tabs on connector when removing though. Done this repair multiple times and saved customers from buying the jumper harness.