H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road
Default flush mounted winch

im thinking about having a winch bumper made that is as flush as possible. if anyone has any pictures of information on boulderaccessories or the h20 bumper how the winch is mounted please share. im trying to find out why the warn sticks out but the BA and h20 are flush.

also anyone know if rubberduck winch bumper will be made? i heard talk about it a while back.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: flush mounted winch

I can get these (rubberduck bumpers) made but nobody has emailed me saying they want to get this going
Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

do you think he would be intrested in making a one off if the price was right?

also do you have any pics of the BA winch mount? is it part of the bumper or serperate?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy
im thinking about having a winch bumper made that is as flush as possible. if anyone has any pictures of information on boulderaccessories or the h20 bumper how the winch is mounted please share. im trying to find out why the warn sticks out but the BA and h20 are flush.

also anyone know if rubberduck winch bumper will be made? i heard talk about it a while back.
I still have the installation guide for my Boulder Accessories winch...if you're interested I can scan it and post. Just let me know...

Last edited by DRTYFN : 02-10-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Hummer Expert

I can tell that without even asking that Travis (rubberduck) will not do one off's. He and I have had these conversations. If you guys really want this bumper Its going to take 5 guys who are willing to lay a deposit down to get the product produced. It takes alot of work on his side to get this going.

First he is going to need my truck for a couple weeks so he can disasemble it and start working on his prototype. I can assure you that he will find some way to improve his design over the boulder bumper.

For him building new products is a process that takes time as customers trucks who are in house come first.

Last time he and I teamed up to do the Treehugger brush guard for the H2 we had like 6 guys who said they were in. Then when it got done like 3-4 of the guys bailed. All the sudden they could not place the order for different reasons..... Luckly some others who had nothing to do with producing the Rubberduck H2treehugger steped up and bought a some to make it worth his while to produce it.

So tell you guys what. Email me if you are dead serious and have the $$$ to put down at least a 50% deposit to get this bumper produced. I would assume that the final cost with winch is going to run somwhere between $1200-$1500.

I already know of one guy who will do it. So Slippy if you are serious about it, get 3 guys and get there contact info to me. I will then go to Travis and get things rolling. I do feel confident that if I bring him 5 guys who are willing to lay a deposit down he will get it done in pretty good time.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Hummer Expert

I can tell that without even asking that Travis (rubberduck) will not do one off's. He and I have had these conversations. If you guys really want this bumper Its going to take 5 guys who are willing to lay a deposit down to get the product produced. It takes alot of work on his side to get this going.

First he is going to need my truck for a couple weeks so he can disasemble it and start working on his prototype. I can assure you that he will find some way to improve his design over the boulder bumper.

For him building new products is a process that takes time as customers trucks who are in house come first.

Last time he and I teamed up to do the Treehugger brush guard for the H2 we had like 6 guys who said they were in. Then when it got done like 3-4 of the guys bailed. All the sudden they could not place the order for different reasons..... Luckly some others who had nothing to do with producing the Rubberduck H2treehugger steped up and bought a some to make it worth his while to produce it.

So tell you guys what. Email me if you are dead serious and have the $$$ to put down at least a 50% deposit to get this bumper produced. I would assume that the final cost with winch is going to run somwhere between $1200-$1500.

I already know of one guy who will do it. So Slippy if you are serious about it, get 3 guys and get there contact info to me. I will then go to Travis and get things rolling. I do feel confident that if I bring him 5 guys who are willing to lay a deposit down he will get it done in pretty good time.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

im game. i can lay a 50% deposit on it. anyone else?

if you think about it, there is nothing out there. theres the warn which is a shoddy design. then theres roadarmor which is super heavy and super ugly. if you ever thought about a winch this is the time.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Hummer Expert

slippy email me your contact info
Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately I'm not financially able at the time to make a deposit but if it were to get off the ground this would mean that we could buy this bumper off their website in the future amiright?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Hummer Novice

Dddhorn is on a distinguished road

I probably missed this somewhere earlier in the conversation... What winch is he designing around, or would we have a choice?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
Unfortunately I'm not financially able at the time to make a deposit but if it were to get off the ground this would mean that we could buy this bumper off their website in the future amiright?

Yes as he would have the jigs made and designs done.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddhorn
I probably missed this somewhere earlier in the conversation... What winch is he designing around, or would we have a choice?

Thanks,
Dave

The BA winch is desinged around a MileMarker 9500SEC. The SEC was specially desinged by MileMarker for this application. Basically what MileMarker did is took the 9500SE and moved the controll box up in the engine bay to make the complete unit a better fit.

I know that Rubberduck is a dealer for both MileMarker and Warn. However since he will be using my truck as the jig my quess is that it would be designed around the MileMarker. I have had mine for 2 years now and it has not let me down. I would assume that if he takes the project on he would probably find some way to improve the BA bumper. I for one would like to see it made from a heavier gauge steel.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Hummer Novice

Dddhorn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
The BA winch is desinged around a MileMarker 9500SEC. The SEC was specially desinged by MileMarker for this application. Basically what MileMarker did is took the 9500SE and moved the controll box up in the engine bay to make the complete unit a better fit.

I know that Rubberduck is a dealer for both MileMarker and Warn. However since he will be using my truck as the jig my quess is that it would be designed around the MileMarker. I have had mine for 2 years now and it has not let me down. I would assume that if he takes the project on he would probably find some way to improve the BA bumper. I for one would like to see it made from a heavier gauge steel.

OK, thanks. I've been looking for a winch mount solution for months, was about to bribe a local fabricator who does excellent work, but... $$$$$$ And, he has nothing to work from...

I was looking at MileMarker anyway, but the hydraulic, not electric. I think they have the same bolt pattern so don't think that would be an issue.

I'm definitely interested, but would like to know a little more about the details before I send off money... I'll PM you with my email.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Milemarker winches suck . So does their idea of service - which you'll need a lot of. When designing this bumper we used a MM 12K only because we didn't know that Warn had a winch that would fit.
Warn has a sterling reputation both for quality and service.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

warn only has a reputation becuase people have been using them for decades. your paying for the name. and the service your getting your paying for too if you buy there warrenty for like 300 bucks.

milemarker winches is a great winch line.

trashing MM and proping up Warn when you have a MMwinch bumper already made is
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Hummer Expert

I had to get a new plug in for my MM winch as road salt got into the one on the front of the bumper. MM had EXCELLENT customer service and got the part out to me quickly.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy
warn only has a reputation becuase people have been using them for decades. your paying for the name. and the service your getting your paying for too if you buy there warrenty for like 300 bucks.

milemarker winches is a great winch line.

trashing MM and proping up Warn when you have a MMwinch bumper already made is

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. MM = sh1t. I've seen their winches break. And good luck trying to get them fixed.
I had an issue with a Warn(I tried to add a power disconnect cable to a sealed 9500Ti) and took it to Warn. They fixed it with no questions. I've dealt with MM - they're underhanded skunks. They tried to steal a prototype bumper design that I worked on and sell it as their own. Yeah, real reputable company.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. MM = sh1t. I've seen their winches break. And good luck trying to get them fixed.
I had an issue with a Warn(I tried to add a power disconnect cable to a sealed 9500Ti) and took it to Warn. They fixed it with no questions. I've dealt with MM - they're underhanded skunks. They tried to steal a prototype bumper design that I worked on and sell it as their own. Yeah, real reputable company.

Now that is news to me! Man I love that bumper you did..... To bad you dont sell it!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

"...underhanded skunks..."

EDIT: What a great band name!

OH...and DRTYFN, I just have to say, I get stuck watching your avatar every time I read one of your posts.

Last edited by guruerror : 02-15-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

KT2T is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
OH...and DRTYFN, I just have to say, I get stuck watching your avatar every time I read one of your posts.

+10000

2000 HUMMER HMCS, kevlar flat black, Rubber Duck lift, Predator stage 3 kit, Predator (Wilwood) Big Brake kit, a work in progress...

2008 H2, graystone, air suspension (DELETED), U-steps, SMA brushguard w/valance (DRLs replaced by PIAA 520s), black taillight guards/locking fuel door/roof crossbars (x4), Cognito UCA/pitman-idler, Bilstein shocks, Rancho steering stabilizer, Kryptonite tie rods, green keys, Fuel D525 20" Revolver, 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler