H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Ok, I've seen a few of the pics of the logos on the back windows and the full treatment from the guy with the surf/skate/board shops.
Anyone have any comments on the value to their business from advertising carried/displayed by their H2?
Any anecdotes about clients/business gained (or lost...) from driving an H2 w/ your business emblazoned on it?
Any suggestions for designing a graphics scheme?
Any regrets? I'm a little hesitant to do anything more than the back windows but some of the graphics that I have in mind would be pretty cool if they were bigger.
Any comments on removing vinyl graphics if I find that it is a mistake?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:07 AM

Thanks guys, great stuff - exactly what I was looking for! More, more!

Andy C: care to put a dollar figure on the value of the deal you mentioned? General terms, I mean, I don't care what you make or anything, just trying to get as much info as possible to make a business case for buying an H2.

Spidey: yeh, I've thought of the downside - there have been a few times when I have almost called a company to tell them what a jerk their driver was being on the road! I'm fairly aggressive on the road but never obnoxiously so - at least I'd like to think I'm not... I'm kind of thinking that an H2 will tone down my driving anyway... and, no, I don't cut in and out or anything - but I do like to maintain a fairly rapid rate of forward progress!

Rockn'FJ: yes, I know about the paint fade problem... I want to keep it to just the windows but wouldn't be able to use the graphics that I have in mind if I go that route.

Andy C: I notice that you don't have a phone number on there? Aren't you afraid that you might be losing the potential customer who does not have e-mail access? I know it seems ubiquitous but there are still a pretty surprising number of people out there without it. What made you go with just the e-mail address?

Anyone else with any stories?
Old 06-07-2003, 05:52 PM

blg615 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spidey:
I agree with you Blg615 I think when they completely wrap the graphics around the vehicle it really makes it look cheesy and cheapens it. Excessive amounts of advertising completely takes away the body lines of the vehicle causing it to lose it's character.The H2 is an outstanding vehicle to look at and admire "window accents" can actually add class to the vehicle if at least if done right. It will be looked at not laughed at.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like your comments even more than mine!!
Old 07-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

And Chris, don't think I'm going soft. Tanklizard is a Hummer Driver and has a unique name. Now go try to stay out of the sun, you friggin' troll(Chris).
Old 06-07-2003, 12:23 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

I concur with previous posts -window graphics are the classiest, plus won't fade the paint. One thing that occurred to me: I'm worried about scratching off the graphics during offroading. If you put the grahics on the body panels, they could then be covered by the magnet panels -sort of like a 'cloaking device' [groan] for your graphics. Just a thought -I haven't made up my mind yet.

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. Warn winch
Can't go traveling yet
www.sunspotnatural.com
Old 07-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Hummer Professional

tanklizard is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. Rosoff,

Thank you for your message, it was greatly appreciated.
Basically I let that individual's comment get under my skin a little farther than it should have.
I'll continue to lurk around this site (I'm very good at lurking) and contribute where I may.

Sincerely
Sgt Eicholtz

PS How well protected is the radiator on the H2. We recently received a pair of F350s as patrol vehicles and one of my people some how managed to get a good sized stick under the bumper and into the radiator. The paperwork involved with replacing a radiator on a truck with less than 1,000 miles was less than pleasant.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Hummer Professional

tanklizard is an unknown quantity at this point

The Pennsylvania National Guard has a Humvee they've detailed up and use for recruitment .
Keystone Kruiser

Here it is at Ft. Indiantown Gap:

They installed quite a sound system in it:

[This message was edited by tanklizard on 07-26-03 at 09:11 AM.]
Old 06-03-2003, 09:46 PM

Spidey is off the scale

I have had phenomenal response through mine. Unexpected places or simple chores such as picking kids up from school, grocery shopping, leaving restaraunts or parks where I have never, nor would ever have attempted to advertise before has absolutely amazed me with the amount of potential customers who have approached me saying that they never knew I was in real estate and have either taken my card or phone #. There is no question the bar has been raised for me within the local Market place in a very short time period. ( since Good Friday) It is completely due to the presence of the hummer.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Here is mine - done by a friend of mine in Naples - works wonders with vinyl - on the glass is probably the best bet - no damage to paintwork. Loads of resonse to it over the last few months.

03 Lux, Manik Racks, and yes I bought "The Yellow One"
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2003, 11:47 AM

"But no one can deny the H2's promotional potential. With its head-turning appearance, 18 square feet of hood and 38 square feet of doors (not to mention side and rear panels), the H2 makes for the ultimate mobile billboard. If you have a logo to display, consider trading in a few company cars for an H2." - profitguide.com - your online guide to business success
Old 06-05-2003, 01:11 PM

Or this one:

(this one is actually painted, not "wrapped")

Old 07-29-2003, 05:20 PM

Does every thread here have to deteriorate like this? What the hell is the point of posting a blatant statement like "those all look silly it degrades the Hummer name" in all caps no less so you basically shouted it out to everyone???
Opinions are like "wrinkled grommets" - we've all got 'em... and they're usually best kept to ourselves - especially when stated in such a strong manner.
I don't have my H2 yet and this thread was started (by ME) to discuss the merits or pitfalls of advertising a business on the H2. I can only justify this stupid truck if my business is paying for it - otherwise it's nothing more than another toy. Thanks for making so plain what you think about it...
Old 06-05-2003, 01:14 PM

Or this one:

Old 07-25-2003, 08:02 PM

Krispy Kreme doughnuts opened their first store in NJ this week. According to the local paper there were 150 people in line for the 5:30am opening and they sold 36,000 doughnuts by 12:00 noon.
What vehicle did they choose to park outside and promote the opening? You guessed it...

Old 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM

Ok, I've seen a few of the pics of the logos on the back windows and the full treatment from the guy with the surf/skate/board shops.
Anyone have any comments on the value to their business from advertising carried/displayed by their H2?
Any anecdotes about clients/business gained (or lost...) from driving an H2 w/ your business emblazoned on it?
Any suggestions for designing a graphics scheme?
Any regrets? I'm a little hesitant to do anything more than the back windows but some of the graphics that I have in mind would be pretty cool if they were bigger.
Any comments on removing vinyl graphics if I find that it is a mistake?
Old 06-07-2003, 02:00 AM

I think that considering:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
It will be my daily driver.
It will sometimes be taken on family trips.
There is no large corporate marketing budget.
There are no shows or special events involved in my business.
I'm basically pretty conservative.[/list]
I'm 99% sure that it will come down to window graphics only.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonkaH2:
The reason we started with magnets was because we weren't sure we wanted to be 'on' all the time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I agree, I'm not sure that I want to be on vacation 100s of miles from home and still advertising.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
But it's friggin' impossible to go incognito with any H2, let alone a yellow one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to take your word for it... hope to find out for myself sometime soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
And since we just got a matching yellow United cargo trailer [if you can find the yellow, it's an EXACT match] we're going to put vinyl all over both, I think.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds great, be sure to post some pictures when it is done - and some anecdotes about all of the business you are generating!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:03 PM

Spidey is off the scale

Quote "I did once get a call - they linked to my website - from a girl that wanted to hire me for a day to drive her Granfather around - he had always wanted to drive in a Hummer - unfortunately I was too busy and couldn't do it."

I had a simular thing happen to me. I recieved a call a few nights ago from "friends of friends of ours" Their boy's grad is coming up on Friday Apparently he's absolutely crazy over the H2's (that's hard to believe!!)
So they wanted to make his grad special and surprise him by renting one for him but none are availible. They asked me if it was possible to rent me for the night to chauffeur him and his date to their Grad dinner. I know of the family -- not much money -- but good people and a great kid. I told them I would be honored to , if thats all it would take to make it special
Let's do it, no problem and no charge ! Let's make his day
I'm not staying the whole evening just picking him + date up and dropping off at festivities !!! Maybe just around the corner from destination
I'll let him drive it to the front doors ...... we'll see.......
Maybe I'll take Steve's route to the rooftop and down the stairs !!
Anyone had something simular happen to them ??
Old 06-07-2003, 03:49 AM

Spidey is off the scale

I agree with you Blg615 I think when they completely wrap the graphics around the vehicle it really makes it look cheesy and cheapens it. Excessive amounts of advertising completely takes away the body lines of the vehicle causing it to lose it's character.The H2 is an outstanding vehicle to look at and admire "window accents" can actually add class to the vehicle if at least if done right. It will be looked at not laughed at.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:11 PM

Here's another one that qualifies as somewhat "over the top":