H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I had to meet Spencer (name on here) about 1.5hrs east of me to sell him my tires and wheels. I decided to use one of the farm pickups and had my dad meet me at the local dealership so I could get the H2 serviced, and some minor things fixed. Anyway, the dealer has 99% completed their new Hummer building and have also completed the off road course test track.

Before I let them take the truck away for service I decided I wanted to be one of the firsts to try out the track. It's short but pretty fun. You get to go to the maximum entry and departure angles, maximum camber/side slope, climb a good grade and go over an 18 inch wall or whatever it is supposed to be. Well, I went through but forgot to take off the trailer hitch, so I dragged it across the concrete a couple of times. But I also scraped the fairlead and part of the front Warn winch bumper. My truck has 37's on it and the new Warn Winch bumper still hit at the max entry angle when the new stock rigs with 35's don't hit.

When I go back and pick the truck up I am going to do it again (sans trailer hitch) and film it and take some pics.

Who else's dealers have their off road tracks in now?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

I had to meet Spencer (name on here) about 1.5hrs east of me to sell him my tires and wheels. I decided to use one of the farm pickups and had my dad meet me at the local dealership so I could get the H2 serviced, and some minor things fixed. Anyway, the dealer has 99% completed their new Hummer building and have also completed the off road course test track.

Before I let them take the truck away for service I decided I wanted to be one of the firsts to try out the track. It's short but pretty fun. You get to go to the maximum entry and departure angles, maximum camber/side slope, climb a good grade and go over an 18 inch wall or whatever it is supposed to be. Well, I went through but forgot to take off the trailer hitch, so I dragged it across the concrete a couple of times. But I also scraped the fairlead and part of the front Warn winch bumper. My truck has 37's on it and the new Warn Winch bumper still hit at the max entry angle when the new stock rigs with 35's don't hit.

When I go back and pick the truck up I am going to do it again (sans trailer hitch) and film it and take some pics.

Who else's dealers have their off road tracks in now?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Banned

I think Hummer is making all of the dealers up their service. As a matter of fact I went to the old building first today and then drove my service girl over to the new building to get it written up.

Hummer wants the customer to come to the Hummer dealership only. If you get a chance to go into the new designed hummer dealerships, take a look at the ceiling fans they have up there.

They are from here The Big Ass Fan Company

Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

I just talked to a salesman(Abe) from Gordon Caddilac Hummer in Ann Arbor. he told me the new Cad/Hummer dealership is to be built on Jackson road west of town, and will include a test track. so I am waiting to see it get under way. the whole project is supposed to be done by Dec. `05.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

SteveR got the front of his truck on a 42" log. But he needed to approach it at 45 degrees ( think that is the number he used ). Probably needed more room than you have. Wish I had the pic.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
Here is a link to the second video. It's from the dashcam inside the truck.

http://www.pplus.com/hummer_track2.wmv <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DASHCAM? now i'm really curious. Tell me about your dash cam. I really need one those before Moab.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned

moguls 5
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ssgharkness020147:
Bergstrom in Milwaukee has a test track, and has since shortly after the doors. Paragon, its cool they let you drive on the track, at my local dealer they will not let you for liability reasons (execpt for on special occasions). Will they continue to allow customers to drive on the track or is it temporary? I'm glad I'm not the only one that dragged a trailer hitch over the concrete. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you just have to do it. Last ime I was there, i just drove around, went doen in the pit, out of th pit, through thier little moguls, over the wall, and than drove back around the other side to do the ramp.. than i got yelled at.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paragon...

Do you happen to know what your "Z" height is? I am curious to know how much the front of H2 setteled down after the winch and bumper were installed.

Thanks,
Don
Old 01-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

PARAGON
You are probably 1 of the few to drive tracks. The dealer is supposed to have a certified Hummer Tech drive You around. My Dealer or I should say Hummer manager was going to let Me drive My H2 but My new XL nerf bars were in the way, plus I had just put on new chrome bumpers and it worried Him that I could scrub them. I asked Him if I could take the H2 they use and dealer liability would not allow it. I just let the Tech drive Me around but it would have been FUN to do it though. It was still a good ride as a passenger. Tech said for inexperienced owners they are allowed under the table so to speak customer out on track even as a rider and give them training if the Tech wanted to but more like if Tech had time. My Tech said He would hang around after He got off and do some training with Me if I called in advance. I thought that was a great effort on His part to offer. You do not find many who will do those things for service anymore.
Rick
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Banned

Jigga,

I have no idea about getting to drive on the track. From what others have said on here, they really aren't too keen on it for liability reasons. I do know that they are going to have an open house/hummer happening sort of thing and people will get to drive.

Let me know when you're coming and I'll meet you out there.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bergstrom in Milwaukee has a test track, and has since shortly after the doors. Paragon, its cool they let you drive on the track, at my local dealer they will not let you for liability reasons (execpt for on special occasions). Will they continue to allow customers to drive on the track or is it temporary? I'm glad I'm not the only one that dragged a trailer hitch over the concrete.

-007=
Old 01-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned

moguls 4
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

If You are traveling on I-30 from Little Rock to Dallas, Landers of Arkansas in Benton has their track up and are finishing up a seperate building to sell and service thier Hummer customers. Do not mean to sound elitest but they seem to have the philosophy that the Hummer owners are a little cut above other customers and other brands. Their shop is not open yet at new building but instead of letting Me drive over to the other building and wait where they still work on H2's with all the other vehicle, the Hummer service man has me drive up to the new building and pull into service receiving and in the rain came up there to pick up my rig. I sat in waiting room with a huge plasma screen and donuts coke coffee and every 5 minutes someone walking by asking if I needed anything. I was sort of weirded out a little as i have never been treated like that in a dealer. I'm going in sometime Wed. morning on the dead batt issue, after Doc appoinment but could not tell them when exactly i could get there and Manager said do not worry just come when Your ready and we'll get You in. Is there other Hummer dealers who treat customers this way or is this just a blessing to have this kind of service?
Thanks
Rick
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

The City of VA Beach said "no" to Hall's test track. Atleast that location on the dealership's property because it amounted to advertising. I don't know if they have other plans.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wheelin:
Did ya leave the trailer hitch on so you would not knock of them damn lights?

Also, if you are going to run black rims you ought to at least rattle can them hubs. Unless of course you are going for that trailer park look? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And where are your pictures? Lots of mouth and nothing to back it up. What a boring pussy you've proven to be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boring enough to get your attention. Must be really boring at your compound.

You are all nice in private with you sweet messages, but need to be a bit of a bully in front of the "guys"? You would think a H2 would be enough to make up for that short dick syndrome you got going on over there in Oregon.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ssgharkness020147:
Paragon, its cool they let you drive on the track, at my local dealer they will not let you for liability reasons (execpt for on special occasions). Will they continue to allow customers to drive on the track or is it temporary? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think I am the only customer that has driven the track. The salesmen take potential buyers through there but they don't let them drive. I have a good relationship with the owner, and her grandson who is over the Hummer part and they are going to only let customers do the track under controlled circumstances, like at Hummer Happenings. They know they have no need to worry about me from a liability standpoint and are fully aware of my wheelin ability.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
Here is a link from a video from outside the vehicle while I went around the test track. It's a large file but in a higher resolution and about 6 minutes long. I'll post the same thing from the dash cam inside in a few minutes.

http://www.pplus.com/hummer_track.wmv <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great video!!! I'm so jealous.
I'm looking for a piece of property to buy so I can put in my own 4x4 playground.

It would have been a total cakewalk if you'd have aired those MTR's down.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIC-H2:

Why don't they just ask us to design the next one for them, so it's be done right!
Ric-H2
Ric-H2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you might be joking but the test tracks are supposed to be close copies of the AMG test track.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

This one demonstrates ground clearance but there is a little too much rock there right now, so clearance was major.
Attached Images