H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got a eclipse AVN30D 6.5 wide tft touch-panel display cd/dvd multi-source receiver with dvd navigation and rear camera.
Installer got everything working properly on star, auto rear camera in reverse, dvd works in motion you just cant use navigation when using dvd it shares the same slot.We desided to put camera on licence plate overhang towards the right side.Its also Sirius ready so it can be added in the future.you can also add a monitor or a cd changer, mp3. I will be listing pics later this morning.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:20 AM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey Fourfourto,

Very nice set up. I wonder how much did you pay for the whole set up including install?
Old 01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
k9tim

Thats really a weird thing. I would have never thought it would mirror.
I'm looking at putting one in so this thread saves me brain damage for when I actually do.

I would have sat there for an hour with a manual trying to figure that out....
Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

The rear camera is put under the cover.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Hummer Guru

$2000 out the door no tax .I added a remote start for extra $200 .He had no problem with on star and other hang ups others had.He does a lot of work for dealers. He did the installs at local nissan dealer where my wife worked for for about 6 months.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Garbage can centered 10 feet from bumper 9 feet 4 inches from tire
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Hummer Guru

can 5 feet from bumper 4 feet 4 inches from tire
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Hummer Guru

Heres were they put the gps antenna.With the vertical windshield of the H3 on roof is best spot.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Close up.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Hummer Expert

MarK M is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats awesome!

I'm hoping my dash kit comes in today so I can install my stuff!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Hummer Guru

I didnt have the monsoon .It comes in nice and clear sounds better than the base stock radio.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Hummer Guru

can 1 foot from bumper 4 inches to tire
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Just got my mini remote off e bay.
If you have an eclipse system you should get the remote #1602.
I used velcro to mount it next to my phone.
Phone is mounted by magnetic disk.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Hummer Guru

can 2 feet from bumper 1 foot 4 inches from tire
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Hummer Guru

pic of camera location
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

This kind of cover on spare tire is available now in Japan. What a good idea !! and this is the best place to put a rear camera.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Hummer Guru

BB
Hummer Veteran

Posted Jan 8, 7:57 PM
This kind of cover on spare tire is available now in Japan. What a good idea !! and this is the best place to put a rear camera.

I wonder if thats available to buy.Is that your's or pic you came across .I guess you could fabricate one .Its a good option,nice clean look and the cameras adjustable.you could also put in a flush mount like mine. It might be a pain to remove if you need to use spare tire.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:48 PM
k9tim

Ok, I have to ask-

Does that trashcan have a "34" painted on it, and if so, why is it mirrored on the display?

I have a feeling its a really stupid question but I have those kind of moments. I'm really blonde.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Do they all do that ? I have know idea why ,I guess its a mirror image

I saw it figured it was normal I would never have noticed if I didnt use the garbage can.I was going to use tractor but its cold and I got lazy.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Waxing is off the scale

442, Nice setup I really like the camera placement. Good luck.