H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Hey everyone,

If you had only one choice what would you improve: the interior design, the exterio
the interior design 9 24.32%
the exterior design 1 2.70%
the suspension / powertrain 22 59.46%
nothing at all 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2003, 11:24 PM

uniblack is off the scale

Hey everyone,

If you had only one choice what would you improve: the interior design, the exterior design, the suspension / powertrain setup, or nothing? Please also state reasons why.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 04:15 AM

argonaut is off the scale

If the keys banging drives you nuts, look at the steering wheel position in relation to the seat. It is off center... muwahahahaha

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 11-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

Found this info on Power train website,

The 6.0L LQ9 is a more powerful evolution of the Vortec 6000, developed for Cadillac's luxury sport utility vehicles. GM Powertrain engineers delivered a cost-effective, assembly-efficient alternative to distinguish the 6.0L LQ9 from the LQ4 and deliver the additional power Cadillac wanted: flat-top pistons that increase the compression ratio from 9.4:1 (for the LQ4) to 10.0:1. The Vortec H.O. 6000 gives Escalade and EXT class-leading power at less cost to the customer than competitors’ overhead cam engines. In short, the 6.0L LQ9 is a premium engine befitting a premium brand.

Also this,
FLOATING-PIN PISTON FOR LQ4
The Vortec 6000 (RPO LQ4) is fitted with new floating-pin pistons. Introduced on the Vortec H.O. 6000 (RPO LQ9) for 2002, these pistons feature wrist pins that “float” inside the rod bushing and the pin bores in the piston barrel. Other Vortec V-8s use a fixed-pin assembly, in which the connecting rod is fixed to the piston’s wrist pin, and the pin rotates in the pin bore. In the Vortec 6000s, snap rings retain the wrist pin in the piston, while the rod moves laterally on a bushing around the pin. The floating-pin assembly allows tighter pin-to-pin bore tolerances and reduces noise generated during engine operation.

Application of floating-pin pistons in the Vortec 6000 is accompanied by a changeover, begun in model year 2003, to re-profiled polymer-coated pistons. The polymer material allows tighter piston to cylinder-bore clearances without bore scuffing, extending the benefits of the floating-pin piston and rod assembly and reducing noise generated by the piston’s movement within the cylinder. The net result is a quieter engine.

Here's the site,
http://media.gm.com/division/2004_pr...uck/index.html

Yell'r 04 Lux w/ air, sunroof,F&R brush bars
Traded 03 White Lux
03 GMC D/A CC SLT LB soon to be 04
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

To achieve the same power to weight ratio the Escalade has, you would need about 385 HP. That is about 70 more HP than we have now. Your not going to get that with an exhaust, air intake and a reprogrammed PCM. Just don't buy it. My Vette has 450+ streetable HP and is bored and stroked to 396 cubic inches (was 350). Besides a blower (which I would not want), you get your biggest bang with ported heads and a better cam along with the air intake, exhaust and recalibrated PCM. Of course the best way to gain power is displacement. Remember there is no replacement for displacement. Yank the 6.0L, bore it, install a Lunati forged crank, rods and forged pistons for 427 cubic inches. Have your heads CNC ported. Install a matching cam, headers and a cat back exhaust and now your talking some serious power. If you don’t go crazy and install a nice street cam, your looking at probably 450-475 HP with over 500 lbft of torque. Yea baby!

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I like the boobs....
I mean a/c vents

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 AM

uniblack is off the scale

KenP,

I can't push one over on you can I? To answer your question, I do work for General Motors. I'm interested to see how the buying public feels about the state of the H2 from a design and engineering standpoint. Any information you could add to this post is much appreciated.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-31-2003, 01:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

John D is off the scale

89 Vette, what are the differences between the H2 6.0 and the Caddy 6.0, where is that missin HP?
John D. 03 H2, 03 C5 convert, 02 ML55, 02Royale Prevost XLII, seems listing rides is in fashion ML55 is the wifes
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John D:
OK 89Vette an GM guy, but where is our missing horsepower and how do we get it back without buying a blower?
John D 03 H2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
The H2 weighs 620lbs more than the EXT and has 30 more horses and I think 20 more ft lbs of torque. Plus it does not have as big a tire. The H2 does have 4:11 gears and that should make up for the larger tire. When I jump in the Escalade, I feel like I am driving a go cart. The steerign is so light and it has so much more power.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

GM/Hummer seems to be keenly interested in what customers think about the H2. I got a call this weekend from a very nice Hummer rep asking me what I didn't like in about a dozen specific categories (interior, air, body, etc.). A 10 minute interview with lots of detail. I was happy to spend the time.

I have a few minor nits, but overall I have to say after 5 weeks I am remain completely satisfied with my H2. I love the performance, interior, erotic air vents, suspension, stereo, gas mileage, on and on. It's not only the most capable vehicle I have owned or driven, it is a simply a gorgeous vehicle and a work of art. Surprisingly and after having low expectations about gas mileage and acceleration based my brethren's experience with the 2003, I have been pleasantly surprised by the vehicle's performance. I have seen 17+ MPG and very respectable acceleration from both a standing position and when passing on the highway. Not a whole lot different than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am fairly certain that there are improvements in the 2004 engine and I look forward to someone from Hummer confirming this as it is completely possible that I am in a state of new H2 owner dillusional bliss.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:03 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

KenP....what's the lucky lotto numbers bro??? Cause you're all dialed-in and on it!!!!

I have to entirely concur with Buddy...more clearance, stronger front-end...and how about stepping-up to speed with the G-box and giving us a front-locker too!!!! These are supposed to be the ultimate 4x4's???

I see stock Tacoma's going down the street with more clearance then we have...yet the passenger seat and general compartment sits much lower.

I've pulled-up next to raised Bronco's and other raised vehicles...and we sit about eye-to-eye, yet they have much more clearance under their belly. Even with my height-control "up"...I still drag this thing all over rocks and am banging-up my frame. MORE CLEARANCE!!!

Given the elevation hike upto the seats...we should have way more clearance under the belly!

I'm happy with the power and the interior more then meets my needs. Some side-molding to protect our doors would be nice too.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:55 AM

unaslob is off the scale

I got the compressor that is used for the airhorn that 4wheeldriveacc provides... I bought the compressor from component parts in indiana... the tank I got from them as well.. I went with the 14 inch tank.. the one that 4wheeldriveacc has is too small not very functional...especially if you want to use the horn... plus if you want to use it too fill tires up...

the compressor is under the hood.... the tank is in the rear...actually mounted right where the factory compressor would go... the connection that the 4wheeldriveacc uses for tires is pretty lame... so I had quick disconnects installed in the front next to the tow hook, and in the rear next to the hitch... this great. I would not ever have done it differently.. I have pics.. have to scan them in...hopefully this weekend.. look for a different topic on my install... una
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 10-27-2003, 12:07 PM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

I echo Buddy's comments about the suspension (which goes for my 1 ton Dually Duramax too!). Also, the headliner flops up and down so much it has popped one of the hold down (hold up) buttons off. The whole thing is WAY too loose. Oh, and put a smaller bulb in the hi-beam indicator on the dash.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:40 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

anyone who posts that they get anything over 12mpg for overall (highway and city) is just full of crap-ola.
anyone who also wants better economy out of a 3 1/2 ton all wheel drive that is shaped like a brick is equally full of the same.....
I personally think that the best improvement that could be made (reallistically) would be removing the rattle and wind noise that the front just-for-looks pillars create and making a locking gas-cap standard. Also, being able to pull the passenger side wiper out for windshield washing --without having to take special care to not take paint off in the process would be good. That's it. And those being the only complaints I can come up with, it still blows my mind that this vehicle isn't more popular by the main-stream buyer, other than the fact that they can't afford one.

gasman
Old 10-28-2003, 12:37 AM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

I still think he is FOS too... No need for private topics, if you can't say it out in the open then don't say it at all...
sniff sniff.... TROLL!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Look a couple posts up.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 10-31-2003, 07:39 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Well I did a little more research on this and it turns out I have egg on my face. The LQ4 and LQ9 engines share the same camshaft and as far I can tell now, the same cylinder heads that are based on the LS6 Corvette head. The Escalade as a slightly higher compression. I have some feelers out there to some people that should know so I'll get back. The difference may be in the higher compression and more aggressive tune. I run 87 octane in the Escalade with no problems.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 10-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify things so there's no misunderstandings, I was referring to japanese automakers not people.
Thank you and good night.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:53 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA, I just like poking at my two religious nut buddies.
You guys are my buddies, right?
Old 10-27-2003, 04:12 AM

Larry is off the scale

I don't have an H2, but I do have an opinion none the less. Of course it is too early to make a definitive call, but it seems to me that MORE options are in order. According to the survey some feel just fine with the way it is. Others have strong opinions on what needs to be changed.

You can tell that for some the H2 is probably just one of many 4X4's that they have owned, and they know what they would have wanted differently. For others it is their first 4X4 and they don't know any difference. There is of course nothing wrong with either crowd of people. Pleasing both groups is certainly a challenge.

It is too late at night, and too early in the survey to type anymore.

BTW I too thought you had quite a good question for a newbie.

Larry

GOD made some men strong and other men weak, but this here keyboard makes us all equal.

I want to discover America one rock at a time.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:06 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

the front pillars, which are reminescent of the H1 (which is their reason for being on the H2) are good looking-- yet these are what I've found to be most commonly the reason for wind noise coming from the outside while at highway speeds.

gasman
Old 10-27-2003, 10:01 PM

unaslob is off the scale

kenP thanks for saying it.. I am tired of calling the h2 my girl, when she has four tits in the front and two in the rear... freaky!!!

seriously though...
1) duramax option would be great (would never fit without some serious redesigns in the front end)

2) FOG LIGHTS????

3) get rid of those plastic bumper extenders in the front... they are terrible...

4) auto vol???

5) I think the sunvisor is too big... if I lower it, it occludes almost half of the viewing area of the windshield.

una
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX