H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road
Angry Traded in my 3, thought you would want to read this...

I posted a few things for sale and was asked what direction I was headed with my 3. I posted an honest reply and thought most of you would want to read this. I especially wanted anybody that was thinking of heading here for the Team Hummer event they hold in the fall, to be aware of the problems I've experienced in wonderful Durango, Colorado. It has the potential to ruin a good vacation. I plan on moving from here and another Hummer should be in the cards, especially if they produce the open top they displayed at the auto shows this year. Peace.

From my original post;
Sad to say my 3 is gone. I bought it for my wife as a replacement for her Suburban and the interior room has always been an issue with her. I bought it for her with all of the hoopla that women love to have in a vehicle. Power everything, leather, sunroof, etc. I would have loved throwing a lift and 35's and used it as my daily driver but...

Here in wonderful Durango, Colorado where liberal greenies are like weeds, we have had the 3 attacked on several occasions with people sticking liberal decals on it, spitting on it, flipping us off or yelling obscenities at us, and the straw that broke the camels back was a guy literally leaning out of his Subaru (complete with bike on top) and pointing his finger at her like it was a gun and shooting at her as she drove by him on her way home from work one day. He then followed up with a finger as he laughed and drove off. I felt that it was just a matter of time before I was dishing out some insurance deductible for slashed tires, a keyed paint job, or broken windows. There have been numerous attacks on Hummers in and around Durango. Last fall a guy was arrested for slashing all 4 tires on a H1 Alpha. This guy was mid 50's and was drunk. He stated his hatred for all things Hummer and was caught because hotel staff observed him slashing tires 3 & 4. Seems he would slash one, go back to his room, drink some more, and then go back and slash another tire one at a time. Moron. The newspaper has also reprted somebody that enjoys keying Hummers. I can not stress how one of us would go to jail and the other to the hospital if I caught this assclown keying anybody's Hummer! Yes, I have almost gotten into a couple of fights over my vehicle choice. These idiots believe that because I drive a H3, that I am to blame for the war in Iraq. What would you do if some hippie scuzball got into your face as you and your wife got out of your vehicle to go for a nice dinner?

I already have a J**p that I use as an offroad toy only and a nice truck so I felt it was time to trade in the 3 and get her something else new and nice. I have access to the GM family discount and my family has bought from the same dealer for the past decade so I traded it in for a new Silverado crew cab 4x4. It will be less conspicuous in this area as trucks are about 40% of the vehicles driven around here and the liberal pansies hopefully won't mess with it. Funny but the 5.3L V8 in the Silverado gets better mileage and has a ton more power than the I5 in the 3. Why the hell GM won't ante up for the H3 across the board (as in all models, not just a Lux'ed out Alpha) is beyond me!

For those interested, the trade in value for my loaded 3 with almost 20,000 miles on the odometer and with the Lux and Adventure package was $25,500. Sticker was a hair under $42k and with the GM discount I paid a little over $32. So it cost me $7000 to drive it the past year and a half. In addition to the Adventure & Lux packages, it came with crome side steps, the crome accessory package (door handles, gas cover, etc.) and a brush guard. I will say that we are a lot happier traveling long distances in the 4 door truck as there is an incredible amount of room inside as compared to the 3. It is faster, can tow more, is more fuel efficient, and bigger. I hauled out my trailer with a couple of ATV's out with the 3 and back with the Silverado and guess the weight to be right around 2200 lbs. The difference was incredible, both in milage and performance. Since this vehicle will be used as my wifes' daily driver and for family vacation trips, I feel I made the right choice. I know it is apples to oranges and the some of you will say I threw in the towel. To that I'll admit that I did but believe me when I say I would have lost my job for bashing in some assclowns' skull, that it was a decision I made for my family that I'll stick by. I won't miss what and absolute beotch it was to keep clean living on dirt country roads, especially in and around the rear door area! I will miss the 4:1 transfer case and the push button locker, but am hopeful that I'll be able to pick up a high milage used Adventure package within a few years to have as an offroad toy. GM really needs to get their head out of their ass and market the 3 to the offroad community like (dare I say it?) Toyota has with their FJ. Having wheeled in both, the H3 is far superior yet the aftermarket doesn't even know it exists. But, until the price on used ones comes down more, I'll stick with my J**p. I can buy a locked & loaded J**p for a third of the price of a 3 and they are the bell of the aftermarket's ball.

I can only hope that the Hummer team wins the Dakar and that the press starts to gush all over the 3 like they do the FJ. Until then, it will continue to be the modern day Edsel.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Last edited by yzergod : 04-17-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Traded in my 3, thought you would want to read this...

I think I need to spend some time in Durango.

Last edited by HummBebe : 04-18-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Can't give in to the hippie bastages, they just won! Take one for the team, accidentally run into them when they flip you off. Break their knee caps with a bat when you catch them spitting or putting something on your truck. Kidnap them and dump them in the middle of no where if they key it. But never change!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kudos to you for doing what you thought was best for your family!!

It's ridiculous to have to worry about what other people think about what kind of car you drive.....but in today's day and age of psycho's and whack-jobs, you do have to worry.

All ya have to do is watch the news to realize you never know what some nut is going to do.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel for you there Yzer, but you did the right thing. I'd do the same thing if I thought someone would threaten my wife/family over what she was driving.

Hope you get your Hummer back somewhere down the road.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't let people force me into trading my rig in....

Of course I stand 6-3 weigh in at 270 and am built much like the hummer its self.

My thinking is that you did what you needed to do, and each his/her own.

Let me catch some nut case spitting on my rig, and they think they're nuts??

I will smear a big ole brownie on their windshield... LOL Then I will be arrested for;

indecent exsposure
terroristic threats
defacing private property
and some other boggus charges the the cops deem that I earned

Often people will pull right in front of you to collect insurance money.

Jerkmeoffs are not worth getting into trouble, however I did place some raw chicken in ones car during the summer last year... Dang tree huggers...

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com
Old 04-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Steve - SanJose

yzergod - Sorry to hear about the troubles. Not seeing the hate here for H3's, most people like them.

Trade-in values are awfully low here also. To trade an 06 H3 is a very big dollar loss to absorb.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

No really, I think H2Rocks and I should spend some time in Durango "desensitising" the Hippies

Last edited by HummBebe : 04-18-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

It's sad to hear that you had to get rid of your H3 because of a few *******s. But your wife and family's life doesn't come close to a SUV. In my opinion you certainly made the right choice. Perhaps one day you'll be able to return to the HUMMER world.....

Good Luck.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the same krap from this turrd driving a land yacht in the college town of Corvallis, Oregon. Maybe it just peeosed him off so much to see all of our moving stuff, the H3, the big truck, AND he California plates!!!!! Funny thing is this: His land yacht gets worse mileage than our H3 and my wife's great great grandparents were Oregon settlers!!!

When people do that crazy krap about the Hummers, I just ask 'em why they're supporting a country like Japan that truly could care less about anything environmental.

I seriously hope I can catch the weasels in the act. I've got my plan, but I'm going to have to look around for the security cameras first!

I was behind a guy at a turn signal once and he threw a cigarette out his window. I knew we still had some waiting to do. I got out, picked it up, threw it in his car. Yeah, it looked like a cat chasing a mouse in there. Dumbass. Another guy tossed a McDonalds bag out at our corner. I scooped it up, followed him around the block, and tossed it in the back of his truck.

Yeah, I figure something out.....

Last edited by Huck BB62 : 04-18-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Hummer Novice

DLUV12 is on a distinguished road

i spent some time i Durango, a few weeks back, you can feel the stares driving down main street, people will be people and will get theres for their descions that affect others, but look at it this way, in their eyes its a small victory in their sad lifes, and another thing they always hate and run, or drive off or in the cover of darkness, rareley do you get face to face hate, well if i do i might need you all to send me a care package in the county lock-up if some poor soul vandalizes my baby...or theartens my wife when shes in the 3..not to steal a time honored quote from the americas, but our colors will never run, yellow, slate , black, grey, red, green, and all the other colors that h3's come in
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

On long Island I havent had any problems with a$$holes.I had a few people at gas stations that were driving suv's say how do you afford the gas I said It does the same or better than your suv.They were suprised ,they think it gets 12mpg .People are stupid .

But.... my wife started a new job 10 months ago ,april is when they give raises.She goes to her boss and says .45 cents isnt going to cut it as benifits since she started went up about the same as the raise and she expects more(she will get a bonus of $5,000 in January and thought she would get 1 or 2 dollar raise).
my wifes boss had the nerve to say that the president said not to hire her originaly because she drives a Hummer WTF ...were they looking at what she drove when she went for the interview ?.

It is a japanese camera company and the president that said it is japanese.
I just dont get it
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.

Last edited by fourfourto : 04-18-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLUV12
i spent some time i Durango, a few weeks back, you can feel the stares driving down main street, rareley do you get face to face hate, well if i do i might need you all to send me a care package in the county lock-up if some poor soul vandalizes my baby...or theartens my wife when shes in the 3...

If you do end up in the county B&B, I will make sure you are treated the best.

The problem was that my wife was by herself and didn't think to get a plate # or description. It was in a windy canyon and would have ended up different had I been along. Of course, I would have had one of my coworkers arrest or site him instead of beating his ass. I think I've had another run-in with this guy and Karma will hopefully have us meet again.

I agree that face to face, these weasels wouldn't have the nerve to say anything to my face. As a defencive lineman on the ice, and a part of the "Rhino Squad" at work in the jail, I have no problems twisting up people into hippie pretzels. I just have to watch my "P's & Q's" so I don't get fired in the process.

Also, I have my truck paid off and have it lifted and accessorized just how I want it. I could have sold it and took over the H3, but it was as she wanted it, not how I would have done it. I figure that in a year or two, Hummer will have fixed some of the problems (like a standard V8) and will have more aftermarket support. I could see hauling my ATV's with a lifted V8 Adventure packaged 3, but towing with the I5 sucks. Time will tell.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

And speaking as a self proclaimed hippy, I am so sorry the JACK ASSES in Durango can't find something better to do than harass you and the family! I think you did the right thing as well, but it is regrettable. But, don't hate us all for the stupid acts of a few.

And the fully thing...I bought the H3 because it had the best gas milage for the vehicle that did what I needed (and it looked so darn cool!!!!!!)

Good luck. My best to you and yours.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

The only time that my H3 was vandalized was in Durango, CO. Someone didn't think that my Terrapass sticker on an H3 was funny and ripped it off. No sense of humor
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

I think you made the right choice. They may have won the battle, but they didn't win the war. Sometimes you have to know when to stand down, especially when your family is being threatened.

BTW, I've contemplated putting fully armored doors on my H1. Though here in PA, it's not a problem, but in Mass... UGH.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Interesting take on things there.. The little episode you described your wife having with the goob in the Subaru would have been charged with terroristic threatening and insiting road rage around here.. He would have been locked away for a day or so at least, his vehicle siezed and his drivers license suspended for a year or so..

You forgot to mention how he chased her down and tried to run her off the road. I personally witnessed that BTW..

Last edited by Crash ? : 04-18-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road

NICELY PUT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzergod
I posted a few things for sale and was asked what direction I was headed with my 3. I posted an honest reply and thought most of you would want to read this. I especially wanted anybody that was thinking of heading here for the Team Hummer event they hold in the fall, to be aware of the problems I've experienced in wonderful Durango, Colorado. It has the potential to ruin a good vacation. I plan on moving from here and another Hummer should be in the cards, especially if they produce the open top they displayed at the auto shows this year. Peace.

From my original post;
Sad to say my 3 is gone. I bought it for my wife as a replacement for her Suburban and the interior room has always been an issue with her. I bought it for her with all of the hoopla that women love to have in a vehicle. Power everything, leather, sunroof, etc. I would have loved throwing a lift and 35's and used it as my daily driver but...

Here in wonderful Durango, Colorado where liberal greenies are like weeds, we have had the 3 attacked on several occasions with people sticking liberal decals on it, spitting on it, flipping us off or yelling obscenities at us, and the straw that broke the camels back was a guy literally leaning out of his Subaru (complete with bike on top) and pointing his finger at her like it was a gun and shooting at her as she drove by him on her way home from work one day. He then followed up with a finger as he laughed and drove off. I felt that it was just a matter of time before I was dishing out some insurance deductible for slashed tires, a keyed paint job, or broken windows. There have been numerous attacks on Hummers in and around Durango. Last fall a guy was arrested for slashing all 4 tires on a H1 Alpha. This guy was mid 50's and was drunk. He stated his hatred for all things Hummer and was caught because hotel staff observed him slashing tires 3 & 4. Seems he would slash one, go back to his room, drink some more, and then go back and slash another tire one at a time. Moron. The newspaper has also reprted somebody that enjoys keying Hummers. I can not stress how one of us would go to jail and the other to the hospital if I caught this assclown keying anybody's Hummer! Yes, I have almost gotten into a couple of fights over my vehicle choice. These idiots believe that because I drive a H3, that I am to blame for the war in Iraq. What would you do if some hippie scuzball got into your face as you and your wife got out of your vehicle to go for a nice dinner?

I already have a J**p that I use as an offroad toy only and a nice truck so I felt it was time to trade in the 3 and get her something else new and nice. I have access to the GM family discount and my family has bought from the same dealer for the past decade so I traded it in for a new Silverado crew cab 4x4. It will be less conspicuous in this area as trucks are about 40% of the vehicles driven around here and the liberal pansies hopefully won't mess with it. Funny but the 5.3L V8 in the Silverado gets better mileage and has a ton more power than the I5 in the 3. Why the hell GM won't ante up for the H3 across the board (as in all models, not just a Lux'ed out Alpha) is beyond me!

For those interested, the trade in value for my loaded 3 with almost 20,000 miles on the odometer and with the Lux and Adventure package was $25,500. Sticker was a hair under $42k and with the GM discount I paid a little over $32. So it cost me $7000 to drive it the past year and a half. In addition to the Adventure & Lux packages, it came with crome side steps, the crome accessory package (door handles, gas cover, etc.) and a brush guard. I will say that we are a lot happier traveling long distances in the 4 door truck as there is an incredible amount of room inside as compared to the 3. It is faster, can tow more, is more fuel efficient, and bigger. I hauled out my trailer with a couple of ATV's out with the 3 and back with the Silverado and guess the weight to be right around 2200 lbs. The difference was incredible, both in milage and performance. Since this vehicle will be used as my wifes' daily driver and for family vacation trips, I feel I made the right choice. I know it is apples to oranges and the some of you will say I threw in the towel. To that I'll admit that I did but believe me when I say I would have lost my job for bashing in some assclowns' skull, that it was a decision I made for my family that I'll stick by. I won't miss what and absolute beotch it was to keep clean living on dirt country roads, especially in and around the rear door area! I will miss the 4:1 transfer case and the push button locker, but am hopeful that I'll be able to pick up a high milage used Adventure package within a few years to have as an offroad toy. GM really needs to get their head out of their ass and market the 3 to the offroad community like (dare I say it?) Toyota has with their FJ. Having wheeled in both, the H3 is far superior yet the aftermarket doesn't even know it exists. But, until the price on used ones comes down more, I'll stick with my J**p. I can buy a locked & loaded J**p for a third of the price of a 3 and they are the bell of the aftermarket's ball.

I can only hope that the Hummer team wins the Dakar and that the press starts to gush all over the 3 like they do the FJ. Until then, it will continue to be the modern day Edsel.