H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 02:44 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

This one is for all you tech guys on the board or those who have had aftermarket systems installed and the monsoon system removed.

I got my hands on a 6 disc monsoon head unit and the amp and sub enclosure(mounted in the back behind the rear drives side panel) and all the wiring harnesses. I dont have the sub and amp or harneses yet but its in the works.

Has anyone done this retrofit?

What needs to be done?

Will it be plug and play with the harnesses?

I have the side panel with the grille coming as well (trading mine) since mine came with the storage compartment (on both sides) which will inhibit the sub and amp install as far as space goes...gotta put the grilled non storage bin panel in to get the amp and sub to fit.

I had the 6-disc head in the last time i went to the dealer and they unlocked it and programed it for me for 35 bucks.

On the way home I noticed the voulume level in relation the to stock single cd head was real low. I can get the volume up but its almost maxed out on the level indicator on the head which leaves me to believe the monsoon amp runs all the door speakers as well as the tweeters and the sub? My old head unit had a on of power at half volume setting.

The 6 disc head does have power because if it didnt there would be no volume at alll right? Or is there an amp in the base stereo system as well?

I want to get this all in the truck but want to get my ducks in a row first.

Also do these stereo shops have factory wiring diagrams they use.. as I would love to get my hands on a diagram for the stock single cd stereo system and one for the 6 disc monsoon system.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the diagrams for both systems?

Concerns:

1) If my old single cd head had an amp built in (remember the volume was much louder so this leaves me to believe it did) then....do the speaker wires run from the speakers to the back of my head unit now?

2) on the monson system if the amp mounted next to the sub in the rear runs all the speakers and the sub do the door speakers and tweeter wires run to the back to that amp?

Plus I wonder where the power to the amp in the rear on the monsoon system comes from? Perhaps from the battery?

Some have told me that I might have all the wiring in place from the factory for the monsoon systems amp and sub to be plugged right in with the correct harnesses some have said if it was slated as a base system then I will not can anyone confirm this either way?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

mikepmorgan@adelphia.net