H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 10,000 Mile Review

On yet another of my road trips to Harrisburg my H3 has turned over 10,000 miles so I figured I woudl do a quick review.

Style: I still love the in your face style of the H3. On the Pa turnpike i heard a off handed compliment which i shall quote "that H3 just flaunts the fact unnecessarily tough, non areodynamic, unsafe to all the other drivers" He was green (political party not envy) and I exxplained I happily pay for my 20 mpg over his 35 in order to survive a crash.

Performance: I have done some serious trail riding that I have only done once before (in my ScoutII). It handled the trails with no effort and towed out the two full size lifted Fords. It is equally comfortable cruising the turnpike at 75-80 mpg averaging slightly over 18 MPG for the 250 mile trip. Having been driven al over Iraq last year in a M1114, the acceleration seems fine for an all wheel drive SUV, could be better but I will not dwell upon it.

Comfort: The a/c cranks and even on the 90 degree days keeps my family cool, the fan is loud though. rear vents would be high on my refinements. The stereo kicks ass, the best stock unit I ever owned. The 6 disk player works flawlessly so far. The XM is great in central PA where all that is on FM is the Country, Blue-Grass Jazz Gospel channel. I am not convinced it is worth $10 a month but I will keep it for another year at least. Seats still give me back pain during long trips which I contribute to the low seat possition, I wish I had gone with the power seats. The kids love the rear seats (center seat sucks though) but the headrest dvd players lets each listen to their dvds while I have the radio and for the long trips my kids and their friend say the dvd players with the stereo sounds like the movies surround sound system.

Maintenance: Only two real issues so far, the encoder motor which the dealer initially misdiagnosised (but F stop had right) and a hood misaligned causing wind noise. Both were fixed and the dealer provided a free rentral. Free rental= customer service. Only compliments about the dealer so far (Wright in Wexford). HUMMER has convinced me GM might have resolved their dealer issues, esp their crooked repair shops.

I have been "resting " the HUMMER (10,000 miles in 5 month) with the nice weather I have my Triumph TR8 out. Would recommend a H3 to anyone looking.

Just my two cents worth but this site is a great source of information and excursions. The Scout guys have several clubs which helped as do the Triumph guys but they are all clubs with membership dues.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8