H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bright-Lee is off the scale

WELL PUT!!! I concur....
Old 05-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maybe some day...:
At least with the plain polished finish you _can_ touch it up!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, if I get my skid pan polished by Bright-Lee and maintain it with "X-Treem Metal Polish" it will stay looking nice & shiny? Does "X-Treem" polish AND seal or do you seal the pan with some other product? How often would the maintenace be required if instead of driving on Daytona Beach your daily driving is around town on normal pavement?

Thanks, Ed
Old 05-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Well Ed, the sealer is part 2 of the "X-Treem" kit. It works like wax on your paint or Rain-X on your window. It works really well on aluminum as that is what it was designed for. Sealer provides a minumium of 1 month and up to 3 months of protection and requires no additional maintaince above routine washing of your Hummer. I have tested this on my aluminum rims at the mud pits and everything else comes out covered in muck except my rims and people are amazed. James
Old 05-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

I have just polished mine with regular wax and it is every bit as bright as it was 2 months ago when I got it.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

James,

Thanks for the X-Treemly helpful information... I'm convinced now that I need to drive over to the east coast and swap out my brand new skid pan for one of your highly polished units --- along with some of that miracle elixir: "X-Treem". You don't happen to give big discounts to dim-witted, impoverished Floridians, do you?

I'll be sure and call ahead when I can break away for a day... hopefully sooner rather than later.

Ed
Old 05-04-2003, 07:23 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Bright Lee: how would you compare X-Treem to Blitz or Semichrome or any of the other more widely known metal polishes? (more widely known to me, that is)
Old 05-04-2003, 07:26 PM

PS: I don't see a sealer on their product list. Are you talking about "Metal Majic"?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Or what about using Luster Shield, available from the same people who distribute X-Treem... it says it will seal and protect your shine for "up to" 6 months.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Metal Magic is the same stuff...all polishes work and most work pretty good (this refers to creme polishes). I happen to prefer X-Treem Metal polish because it polishes with minimal abrasions. Also, the X-Treem Metal Magic sealer is so far the best I've found.
Good Hummerman (gosh I hope I got your name right ) It would probably be cheaper to ship it than pay for the gas money to drive over in your H2. Shipping for Fla. residents is only 15$.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:21 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bright-Lee:
Metal Magic is the same stuff...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I was talking about Metal Majic which is an X-treem product not any product under the metal magic name such as Blue Magic Metal Polish.
Never mind, I answered my own question by googling a little further: Metal Majic is indeed the sealer portion of the X-treem Products line.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maybe some day...:
Bright Lee: how would you compare X-Treem to Blitz or Semichrome or any of the other more widely known metal polishes? (more widely known to me, that is)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slight mistakes in my earlier post - Blitz should have been Flitz and Semichrome should have been Simichrome. What can I say, it is several years since I polished anything...
Old 05-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bright-Lee:
Good Hummerman (gosh I hope I got your name right ) It would probably be cheaper to ship it than pay for the gas money to drive over in your H2. Shipping for Fla. residents is only 15$.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you put it that way, it costs me about $15 to drive down to the corner grocery; if I drive my H2 to the east coast we're talking way over 15 bucks... But, I wasn't thinking of making a special trip just to save money, more of a day-tripper type thing to enjoy the sights and enjoy the H2... But, now that you've brought up the fuel cost, maybe I will save the money and just ship it... This could start a trend of NOT driving and in a couple of years I could brag about having a REALLY low-mileage vehicle. Oh yeah, with a VERY shiny skid plate!

Guess maybe I should just wait until I'm ready for my first oil change, pull off the plate and ship it over to you. While I'm waiting to get it back, I could then leisurely change the oil and track down all the lube points hiding underneath the Hummer2.

Darn, I've never visited Palm Beach... Oh well.

Ed
Old 05-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

The Goodhummerman, you are more than welcome to come on over to my side of the state. I'll add your Hummer to my portfolio

Maybe some day...You got it...that is indeed the stuff I recommend. FYI, I am fairly certain that the kit shown comes with smaller sized containers, hence the slightly lower price (versus buying them individually).

To everyone...I am sorry about my spelling. I have tried to proof read everything for you. My polishing is perfect, my spelling is not
Old 05-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

If anyone is interested in seeing a couple pictures of the polished skid plate, I have some posted on my website (just got it online yesterday). Any feedback is welcome. James

www.brightlee.com

I am really sorry, I have been told that the pictures of the skid plates aren't on the website yet. But they are on this ebay ad. I am really sorry about the misinformation. James

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=24139117 62
Old 05-07-2003, 05:23 PM

ACR H2 is off the scale

Sorry i am late with the pics, i left town and just got back
here are a few pics i just took, the H2 has not been washed since i got the plate, yet the plate still shines like the day i got it.
if i wash it this weekend, i will post more pics, but these pics clearly show how great the plate looks, even uncleaned
Thanks Bright-Lee, your great to deal with.

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 05-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

ACR H2---That looks SWEET!! Thanks for sharing. Just use the X-Treem on it when you wash your vehicle and it will keep that shine! Enjoy. Thank you for your feedback. James
Old 05-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

ACR that looks GREAT ! Just like mine!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:06 PM

CKB-H2 is off the scale

Thank you ACR H2! Only 35 posts to finally get a pic. I think the polished skid plate looks great. It will definitely compliment any LUX package. Thanks again.

03 H2 Black Lux, Roof, Air Susp. Delivered 3-24-03!

00 C5 Silver 1SC MN6

00 C5 Silver 1SC MN6
Old 05-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Circuitguy

ACR,

That looks vundervull!! I want one now..

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 05-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Here are some new pics, can you guess who's ride this is???

so, who's next?

James www.brightlee.com