Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > The Woodshed

Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale
Default Re: Great results from PCM for Less tuning . . .

I have a couple questions. What if I get the tune, then a few months from now decide that I want to switch to 35's? Can I get an updated tune for a lower price or would I have to pay another $149?

Also, in the event that the dealer has to re-flash, is there a way to get a loaner while mine is being re-flashed with the new tune?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Steve - SanJose

Smile Re: Great results from PCM for Less tuning . . .

Sounds promising, even if it's imaginary!

But if it can be proven, that would be great.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

JWSchmidt3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Sounds promising, even if it's imaginary!

But if it can be proven, that would be great.

Over 2800 posts, were they all this intelligent??

Another internet work of art. Your kind aren't worth the effort, have a good one Jr.

2004 yellow Corvette Z06
2002 black LPE blown TigerShark Z06
http://public.fotki.com/JWSchmidt3/
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Steve - SanJose

JW - Good to hear from the master source, a dumb Texan with the "almost 700 hp Vette". Keep up the good work, even if all your posts aren't intelligent!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
JW - Good to hear from the master source, a dumb Texan with the "almost 700 hp Vette". Keep up the good work, even if all your posts aren't intelligent!

Let's see, I along with many others on this and other sites have posted positive things about tuning from PCM for Less. In fact, I've yet to read a negative comment from any of their customers.

Then you come along, and have done nothing but whine and bitch that "you don't have proof", actually ignoring facts that have been presented by others over the course of this thread. It would seem that the "proof" of positive feedback, far outweighs your "proof" of negativity. So here's an idea, since you want proof so bad, why don't YOU prove that it doesn't work, because it seems the tally of those whom it has worked for, far outweighs those it hasn't.

BTW, thanks for proving my point with your idiotic comments above, it saves me having to make you look stupid.

Yours truly,

The dumb Texan with his almost 700 HP Corvette!!

2004 yellow Corvette Z06
Old 02-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Steve - SanJose

JW - You started the stupidy and name calling, too bad.

btw - I think the PCM for less tuning does sound hopeful and maybe they will be able to prove or verify some favorable results. Of course we all seek ways to improve our H3's and appreciate the shared info here.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzH3
I have a couple questions. What if I get the tune, then a few months from now decide that I want to switch to 35's? Can I get an updated tune for a lower price or would I have to pay another $149?

Also, in the event that the dealer has to re-flash, is there a way to get a loaner while mine is being re-flashed with the new tune?

Sorry for the drama, didn't want your question to get lost. Kelly can answer better, but I do not believe you pay full $$ again for simple changes, but hopefully Kelly will verify.

BTW, was cruising around the internet, and found another H3 "out of the box" tune, "on sale" for $499. I won't post a link, but just another example of how good a deal PCM for Less is.
2004 yellow Corvette Z06
Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
JW - You started the stupidy and name calling, too bad.

btw - I think the PCM for less tuning does sound hopeful and maybe they will be able to prove or verify some favorable results. Of course we all seek ways to improve our H3's and appreciate the shared info here.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchmidt3
but I'm not going to knock myself out just to make you and all the California boys happy with our results.

Who you callin californian, Mr Scmidt?! It is a cranky bunch out here, huh? Its all the smog and traffic.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40

Last edited by stagger_lee : 02-12-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzH3

Just pay for the shipping and they'll change the program for you. It's best to hear this from Kelly though. Edit -> I was wrong about the cost; see Kelly's post below.

You have to ask them about the loaner PCM. I think they are pretty flexible and accomodating.

Last edited by ChevyHighPerformance : 02-13-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road

I just sent my PCM in for tuning. I have 35"s & a K&N air filter. I will give the board a review of the results as soon as I get it back from PCMforLess.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road

Whoa horsey. I don't make attacks that was just about as silly as your statements. I made my comment because it sounded like a very negative attitude like all these people are lying about their products. Nobody is going to make you buy anything to improve performance. I do know some that dynoed with positive results. It just hit me that "here is somebody else that wants an education by getting people to do the research for him and still be doubtful of the results." So don't worry about it. I personally bought a PCM outright and have one programmed, end of problem.
I also have a diesel and it's a 95 Cummins and it's all mechanical to modify it. No electronic mumbo jumbo you actually have to get your hands dirty. I dynoed it at each stage and the same type of products showed positive results. But what does that have to do with a H3 I-5 except it tows mine real good on long hauls. What the heck something worked!
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunner
Whoa horsey. I don't make attacks that was just about as silly as your statements. I made my comment because it sounded like a very negative attitude like all these people are lying about their products. Nobody is going to make you buy anything to improve performance. I do know some that dynoed with positive results. It just hit me that "here is somebody else that wants an education by getting people to do the research for him and still be doubtful of the results." So don't worry about it. I personally bought a PCM outright and have one programmed, end of problem.
I also have a diesel and it's a 95 Cummins and it's all mechanical to modify it. No electronic mumbo jumbo you actually have to get your hands dirty. I dynoed it at each stage and the same type of products showed positive results. But what does that have to do with a H3 I-5 except it tows mine real good on long hauls. What the heck something worked!

Fair enough, just asking a few questions, stating a few observations before I screwed with the brain on my Hummer. I didn't know there was a check valve on the dialogue. I'll just take other people's word for things now? I'm not doubting so much as asking pointed questions about what they're doing and how they're getting results that you guys are impressed with.

How much is a new brain, how much does it cost to get it programmed at the dealer should things go wrong? If the tranny pukes a week after it's installed, is Hummer going to deny the expensive claim? The reason I'm making a big deal about this is that I'm probably going to do the programming, just need a few questions answered before I hassle with it.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

31sonic is on a distinguished road

Keliente what would the cost be to buy a pcm outright with a tune ?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliente
So...bottom line. Is this tune going to be like bolting on a supercharger? No. Is it one of the best things you can do for the money? Absofreakin'loutely.

Thanks for replying Kelly.

2004 yellow Corvette Z06
Old 02-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale

Quote:
There is a specials page to access that price, I haven't posted it yet because I'm not sure I should be posting anything as a non-sponsor just yet.

The dealer is not going to flash your PCM every time you go there. Typically if you are having a problem with the vehicle, they flash the vehicle as a last resort, and only if there is a newer calibration. You could decline the flash. Or if they overwrite it, just send it back in, cover shipping, and we will reflash it for free.

Kelly - This is Jeff Gieringer, I spoke with you on the phone today. I just ordered mine last week and didn't get offered the $149 price. Is there anyway to get it back with my core charge next week? Thanks.
2006 H3 Lux/Offroad - Slate Blue - Ebony Leather - Sunroof - Brush Guard - Husky Rear Mat - Petz Cover (so my Wheaton Terrier can ride with me) - GOBI Stealth Rack - PIAA Lights - DC/AC Coverter - Truxxx Leveling Kit - DC1 Wheels - 35"X12.50" Toyo Open Country AT - Step Bars - Onboard Air - Chrome Fire Extinguisher

2003 Mercedes Benz S500 AMG

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You will see graphs from the colorado/canyon, which shares the same engine. Your problem with the H3 is that the AWD is going to eat up a little more power, but that doesn't mean great gains can't be had. Like I said before...this isn't just like bolting on an exhaust and getting 10 hp and a cool sound at wide open throttle. This is something that benefits you during your entire drive cycle, whether you've got it matted to the floor or not.

Awwww man, I almost went for it. Until I read this paragraph.

First the H3 is not AWD. There is a difference. PCM for less AND Rancho need to get this right before you will get an ounce of respect from me.

Splitting hairs....maybe.

Colorado/Canyon share the same engine, but from the factory they are tuned differently.

YOUR LINK IS TO A 2-3 YEAR OLD CANYON TUNE.

Please provide an updated tune...in private if you must.

teh proof is in teh puddin'.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 AM
keliente

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Awwww man, I almost went for it. Until I read this paragraph.

First the H3 is not AWD. There is a difference. PCM for less AND Rancho need to get this right before you will get an ounce of respect from me.

Splitting hairs....maybe.

Colorado/Canyon share the same engine, but from the factory they are tuned differently.

YOUR LINK IS TO A 2-3 YEAR OLD CANYON TUNE.

Please provide an updated tune...in private if you must.

teh proof is in teh puddin'.

You're right - it is in 'teh puddin'. Look how many satisfied customers I have on this board and I don't even sponsor it yet
Old 02-23-2007, 04:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Nice....so no updated tune? Even a PM?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Hummer Guru

Can you factor in an additional 500lbs in gear?