H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-23-2005, 06:59 PM

Hummer4Life is off the scale

The Hummer folks confirmed to me that there IS an AUX port on the back of the Monsoon/MP3/Single Disc/AM/FM system. Is the system easy to pull out?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer4Life:
The Hummer folks confirmed to me that there IS an AUX port on the back of the Monsoon/MP3/Single Disc/AM/FM system. Is the system easy to pull out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and place them in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:23 PM

StutzDks is off the scale

Does anyone know if the same AUX port is also on the Monsoon/6Disc/AM/FM? I just placed and order last night: Slate Blue/LUX. I would be willing to change the order tomorrow if it doesn't have the jack. Connecting my ipod is essential. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:53 PM

Thanks First Hummer. You aren't trying to get me fried, are you? It's okay for me to stick my fingers in the two power outlets at the bottom of the console?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer4Life:
The Hummer folks confirmed to me that there IS an AUX port on the back of the Monsoon/MP3/Single Disc/AM/FM system. Is the system easy to pull out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and placet hem in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Thanks First Hummer. You aren't trying to get me fried, are you? It's okay for me to stick my fingers in the two power outlets at the bottom of the console?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and placet hem in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude its only 12 volts anyway.ok sorry 24 with both.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and place them in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-24-2005, 03:50 PM

Just removed my Monsoon/MP3/Single Disc/AM/FM system and guess what?? THERE IS NOT AN AUX INPUT!!! The freakin' Hummer 800-line people I called yesterday don't have a clue. Now that I have it out, what should I do? The most important thing to me is to get the ipod connection made directly through some sort of head unit, not through FM modulation. Should I just get the basic H3 stereo (which TorontoJeff says has the AUX connection), or should I look for something else? I do not like the way aftermarket stereos look in our beautiful brushed steel console, unless the steel on the aftermarket is identical to it (which isn't likely). Is there any DVD touch screen that fits the entire space perfectly, and will have a connection for an iPod?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and place them in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

xburbman is off the scale

Just removed my Monsoon/MP3/Single Disc/AM/FM system and guess what?? THERE IS NOT AN AUX INPUT!!! The freakin' Hummer 800-line people I called yesterday don't have a clue. Now that I have it out, what should I do? The most important thing to me is to get the ipod connection made directly through some sort of head unit, not through FM modulation. Should I just get the basic H3 stereo (which TorontoJeff says has the AUX connection), or should I look for something else? I do not like the way aftermarket stereos look in our beautiful brushed steel console, unless the steel on the aftermarket is identical to it (which isn't likely). Is there any DVD touch screen that fits the entire space perfectly, and will have a connection for an iPod?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and place them in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummer4Life: I've recently purchased an iMac G5 and with it came a mini iPod (now my girlfriends). More importantly I have purchased an H3 (Slate Blue/Lux Pkg/XM Stereo-6 CD/AM-FM) How difficult will it be to interface her iPod with the Stereo? I'm not electronically savvy. Your insight is appreciated.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:08 PM

Well, the sad news appears to be that those of us with upgraded stereo systems i.e. anything other than the base single CD without monsoon, are stuck with using an FM modulator to play the iPod through the factory stereo, or purchase an aftermarket stereo with an AUX port. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xburbman:

Radio is very easy to pull out.Take 2 fingers and place them in the 2 power connectors and pull outwards.Once you have those clips pulled out the rest should be easy.Remember the Vents at top will come out with the front panel.Then just 4 bolts to un screw and it should slide rite out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummer4Life: I've recently purchased an iMac G5 and with it came a mini iPod (now my girlfriends). More importantly I have purchased an H3 (Slate Blue/Lux Pkg/XM Stereo-6 CD/AM-FM) How difficult will it be to interface her iPod with the Stereo? I'm not electronically savvy. Your insight is appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

redbulljunkie67 is off the scale

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...me.php?cat=734
This is what I use
photos of the ipod
http://homepage.mac.com/redbulljunkie/PhotoAlbum1.html
Old 09-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

dukein is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorontoJeff:
The H3 does have an AUX input, i know because i just hooked my ipod up through it. (I have the basic stereo with the single CD player). If you keep pressing the BAND button, once the ipod is connected to the AUX input, you get the AUX channels (1 and 2). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey TorontoJeff, would you like to share on how you where able to hook-up your iPod through the AUX Input?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dukein:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorontoJeff:
The H3 does have an AUX input, i know because i just hooked my ipod up through it. (I have the basic stereo with the single CD player). If you keep pressing the BAND button, once the ipod is connected to the AUX input, you get the AUX channels (1 and 2). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey TorontoJeff, would you like to share on how you where able to hook-up your iPod through the AUX Input? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the back of the basic radio from my H3 and I dont see any aux jack anywhere.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2005, 12:33 AM

TorontoJeff is off the scale

There is a GM cable that hooks the ipod up to the AUX port. from there you can use a variety of aftermarket cradles to mount on the dashboard. (i used the one by DLO called Transpod)

for more info on the Ipod cable (as i do not know the proper terms) call the store that installed mine, Kromer Radio, at (416) 920-6700

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dukein:

Hey TorontoJeff, would you like to share on how you where able to hook-up your iPod through the AUX Input? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-26-2005, 02:02 AM

NorCal_H3 is off the scale

Doesn't look like this will help you with the stock H3 stereo, but if you ever change it out to, say, Alpine, there's a perfect solution, called KCA-420i... an iPod adapter. Direct connection = 0 loss in quality, and you get full control from your deck.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

I believe there is an aux adapter available that can be used in the H3. I had something similar in my Denali and it used the CD changer's input for a direct connection. You can look at it here.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:29 PM

Is the iPod's headphone jack or bottom pin/dock connector used to connect it to the stereo? Isn't the sound quality better when the bottom pin/dock connector used, instead of the headphone jack? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
I believe there is an aux adapter available that can be used in the H3. I had something similar in my Denali and it used the CD changer's input for a direct connection. You can look at it here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteH3:
Here's a pic of the my iPod mini with a Belkin TuneBase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is the sound quality? I saw that at The Sharper Image.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 09-26-2005, 11:04 PM

TorontoJeff is off the scale

Is the iPod's headphone jack or bottom pin/dock connector used to connect it to the stereo? Isn't the sound quality better when the bottom pin/dock connector used, instead of the headphone jack? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
I believe there is an aux adapter available that can be used in the H3. I had something similar in my Denali and it used the CD changer's input for a direct connection. You can look at it here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The connector I have uses the digital dock on the bottom of the Ipod, not the headphone jack. it also charges while in the Transpod. The sound is fantastic.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:29 PM

Okay, I'll stop beating this topic dead shortly. TorontoJeff is on to something. I stopped at my local stereo installer's shop and picked up an adapter that connects between the existing "small" port on the back of the factory radio, and the original harness from the vehicle. Once I try it out, I'll let everyone know what it is, if it in fact works.

My BIG question is, for those of you who have already toyed around with the main connector harness that contains the power line, which wire is the power line most importantly, and which is the ground (I assume the black)? These are the only two direct wiring needs of the adapter, outside of wiring already built into the connector harness. Or should I simply tap into one of my two existing 12 volt power source adapators/plugs that we have?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...me.php?cat=734
This is what I use
photos of the ipod
http://homepage.mac.com/redbulljunkie/PhotoAlbum1.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Rebels!

iPhoto is so sweet.