H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Come to think about it, I never have gotten an email from Hummer.com either!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 AM

H3Witch is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthKarl:
Come to think about it, I never have gotten an email from Hummer.com either!
Me either! I did get the promo snail mail brochures and poster, but that was it.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

I did receive an email, it was a very general announcement that the H3's were arriving in dealer's showrooms and directed you to the HUMMER website.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by H3Witch:
I did get the promo snail mail brochures and poster, but that was it.

I didn't get these either

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

http://www.jameshummer.com

Tom Ogden is great. And he is an orginal Hummer Dealer. The ones that do not act like a typical car salesman.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:30 AM

H3wannabe is off the scale

I also just bought from Dobles in NH. Nice guys. I worked with Mark and Peter. Mark pointed me towards a nice open construction area near the airport and told me to go "have fun."

I also worked with Al P. at Hummer of Norwood, MA, he was very nice too. But, I ended up buying at Dobles in NH. Dobles was very accomodating.

Btw, I aslo signed up for announcements via hummer.com and I have received 2-3 emails from them. Mostly announcing availability, new commercials, etc.

H3wannabe
Old 08-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Iceman47:
Iceman would a drive to New hampshire be out of the question.www.dobles.com has about 10 H3 on the lot and they are great to work with.I would ask for Pete Marston the sales Manager before you talk to anybody.They even take trades.

I would definately travel up there. I responded to their website request for a quote and received a call from their internet manager who sounded astonished that I would travel up there. I told him what I wanted and never heard back from him. I'll give Pete a call. Thanks very much.[/quote]

Yes make sure you talk to Pete Marston he is the sales Manager.He would also find it funny that you would drive up there,but he knows the value of word of mouth.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by H3wannabe:
I also just bought from Dobles in NH. Nice guys. I worked with Mark and Peter. Mark pointed me towards a nice open construction area near the airport and told me to go "have fun."

I also worked with Al P. at Hummer of Norwood, MA, he was very nice too. But, I ended up buying at Dobles in NH. Dobles was very accomodating.

Btw, I aslo signed up for announcements via hummer.com and I have received 2-3 emails from them. Mostly announcing availability, new commercials, etc.

H3wannabe

Larrys Clam Bar 1:00pm Sunday be there or not.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 PM

crop000s is off the scale

arrogant??
I ordered mine on 7/13 in came in 8/5. My dealer called and said " we got you all fix up, come and get it". So my next day off I go by the bank get my check and drool all the way to the dealer. ( looking for a mud hole all the way) I get there, no tint on the front windows' we working on that" no marker lights "thoose might be in in a few days" and the grill guard, rocker and under protection they are installing right now. I tell him to call me when it's finished. I go home and cry. He called the next day and told me the marker lights might take a month or so to get in, I tell him I'll wait. He called the next day and says, we over nighted the lights" I tell him to call me when it's finished. I have another beer. The next time I hear from him he says" we are tinting the windows today and installing the marker lights this am, when are you coming to take delivery???? I say "CALL
ME WHEN IT'S FINISHED!" arrogant?? maybe, bonehaeded, YES!

Green, 5 speed,adventure package, lower grill lights, marker lights, grill guard, under carriage protection, rocker protection, sunroof, XM, trailering package, and NO CHROME
Old 08-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Go here and post your experiences:
http://www.dealerscene.com/

Dan and I started this because many people kept asking about different dealers.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

I posted my $.02.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:21 PM

J.L is off the scale

Come to Pittsburgh Wright Hummer is easy to work with ,www.wrightcars.com
Old 08-11-2005, 10:42 PM

H3Witch is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimReaper:
Strike up the band! My salesman called me at lunch to tell me that he is ready to take my deposit.
Congrats "Grim"!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:06 AM

BosH3Guy is off the scale

Hi Iceman,
I got my H3 from the dealership in Norwood. They were pretty decent to deal with and even took my GMID certificate. The day I went they had about 22 of them on the lot.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:32 PM

Hummerlady is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthKarl:
Dealerships seem to be very hit and miss. Some are great and others are, just what you said, arrogant. I think some of that is a function of the fact that Hummer dealerships have such a large franchise territory, therefore very little competition. Many dealers know that most casual customers aren’t going to travel 200 miles to get a better deal, so they stick it to you. If you’re after a Ford, you know that there is always another showroom in the next town over - not so with Hummers.

I wish Hummer would crack down on some of the scumbag franchises out there (Medved - Denver, CO) and reward the great ones (White’s Mountain - Casper, WY). I’m always afraid that the bad apples will give Hummer a black eye in the minds of the more casual customers (which Hummer needs to reach, if they are to keep the line healthy).

I have been a customer of Medved's in Colorado for quite some time and cannot agree with this post. I have been treated with respect and in a professional manner every time I have been there. I love my hummer and would not buy anywhere else. I also think that the service department is great and they have never let me down.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

montanah3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by KenP:
Go here and post your experiences:
http://www.dealerscene.com/

Dan and I started this because many people kept asking about different dealers.

I posted the great experience I had at my dealer at this site. Billings, Montana -- a little out of the way for a lot of you guys, but a phone call wouldn't hurt in case they have something in stock you would want. Bet they would pick you up at the airport! They have a website also.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Hummerlady:

I have been a customer of Medved's in Colorado for quite some time and cannot agree with this post. I have been treated with respect and in a professional manner every time I have been there. I love my hummer and would not buy anywhere else. I also think that the service department is great and they have never let me down.

I think that you might be in the minority. I have been hearing bad things about medved and their prices on parts for 8 years.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

Quote:
eply

The H2 Source Elcova's Hummer Community Hummer Discussion Forums General H3 Discussion Hummer Dealers
it is like they can afford to be arrogant as they have a hot vehicle that is in great demand, so they don't have to be nice.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Quote:

I'm glad that you are happy with them. Over the years I've had the chance to interact with Medved’s Hummer sales staff a number of times, and I have never been particularly impressed. The sales personnel have been largely uninformed, misinformed and generally unwilling to even interact with someone who has driven over a 100 miles on several occasions to do business with them. Arrogance is best word I have to describe my experience with them.

I haven’t had the chance to deal with their service department yet, so I can’t (and wouldn’t) express an opinion about them. Though I have heard much better comments from others in regard to service and warranty work. I have found that often what happens on the sales side does not necessarily translate over to the service department.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:
Dealerships seem to be very hit and miss. Some are great and others are, just what you said, arrogant. I think some of that is a function of the fact that Hummer dealerships have such a large franchise territory, therefore very little competition. Many dealers know that most casual customers aren’t going to travel 200 miles to get a better deal, so they stick it to you. If you’re after a Ford, you know that there is always another showroom in the next town over - not so with Hummers.

I wish Hummer would crack down on some of the scumbag franchises out there (Medved - Denver, CO) and reward the great ones (White’s Mountain - Casper, WY). I’m always afraid that the bad apples will give Hummer a black eye in the minds of the more casual customers (which Hummer needs to reach, if they are to keep the line healthy).

I have been a customer of Medved's in Colorado for quite some time and cannot agree with this post. I have been treated with respect and in a professional manner every time I have been there. I love my hummer and would not buy anywhere else. I also think that the service department is great and they have never let me down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is her ONLY post. Interesting, huh?