H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-23-2003, 03:58 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

Thanks for the ideas...I'm only 27 years old and don't know "everything".

I'm visiting the dealership tomorrow to check out the H2 again in the daylight. I took it for a test drive tonight and everything seemed okay. Needless to say, driving it tonight made me want to sign on the line for $47,500. Man these things are SWEET!

If they accept my $45k, then I'll counter with a $44k since they already told me they couldn't do it for $43k. "If I don't ask, I don't get."
Old 12-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, given that it's a `03 Lux package with a brush guard, no sunroof and only 1800 miles...what do you think? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMPH2,
It,s pretty clear what everyone thinks. You should go back and read all the posts on this thread. $41, $42 tops. They already have you up to $45. When they said they couldn't do it for $43 you should have walked. You said they told you they paid $47,500.00 for it. If they did why would they sell it to you for $45. Its B.S. Car dealers are not in the business of losing money! Another thing, the worse thing you can do is buy a car based on your emotions. You test drove it and are ready to pay $47.500.00. Thats what they are counting on. Let them stick it to someone else. Thats why you should do your negotiating on the phone. I didn't even test drive mine until I went to pick it up 2 days after the deal was made. You should go back tomorrow, tell them $42 leave them your phone number and tell them to call you if they decide to sell it for $42. And then start looking at other dealers for a deal on an 04.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 12-23-2003, 01:04 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

Another tactic may be to go back to the dealer with a check already made out for the total amount you are willing to pay including all taxes, license fees, etc ... and say that this is the total amount that you are willing to pay and then ask for the keys ... I just used this tactic to purchase a Saturn for my Daughter.

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 12-23-2003, 11:17 PM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

New twist to the situation:

I've offered my 2002 Jeep Wrangler on a trade into the dealership since it's actually a Chrysler/Jeep dealership selling the H2.

They'd take my Wrangler and $30k for this H2.
It think it's a good offer. At first they wanted my Jeep and $34k, but I got them down to $30k.

Thoughts....(Wrangler only has 8000 miles and no $ is owed on it)
Old 12-23-2003, 11:38 PM

WE H2 is off the scale

I'd take that deal. Not knowing all the particulars of your Jeep. Still has to put you in good shape and you'll be driving what you want. No matter what you pay, you'll have some buyer's remorse, just do it. Sounds fair. Retail for retail, 52 and change minus 22 to net you out at 30. Sounds pretty good to me. If they make a little that's good to.

03 Pewter Lux - Bone Stock
Old 12-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, the old trade-in dealer trick...

Dude, negotiate the deal on the H2 first, then go to CARMAX and find out how much they'd give you for your JEEP. Then take that to the H2 dealership and tell them to try and beat it. I'm telling you, you are a terrible person if you buy that H2 for more than $42K regardless of trade-in value on the JEEP.

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

Old 12-24-2003, 01:51 AM

WE H2 is off the scale

Always recogniZe what you're dealing with.

03 Pewter Lux - Bone Stock
Old 12-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

I'm going to think things thru over the next 2 days and give them my response on Friday AM.

I'm not that anxious to pull the trigger because I know I'll eventually find a good deal. Question is, is it worth waiting for the "right deal".

You guys are great and I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Hummer Guru

MMPH2
Ok, the deal seems to be getting better, however the bottom line now is to find out what the jeep is worth on a trade in. Go to www.kellybluebook.com and click on "trade in value" and see exactly what your jeep is worth on a trade. Then take that figure and subtract it from $42,000.00. That figure plus tax and tags should be your balance.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 12-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

KBB for the Jeep is $14,125. That value - $42k = $27,875.

They rejected my offer twice for $29k + Jeep, but have agreed to take $30k + Jeep. Remember, in their minds the "value" of the H2 is $47,500.

I look at it 2 ways:

To take my $30k, they're either giving me $17,500 on trade for the Jeep and I'm "paying" $47,500 for the H2.

Or, they're giving me $14,125 for the Jeep (KBB trade in value) and they're selling the H2 for $44,125. I don't think that's a bad price to pay for an `03 Lux/air ride/brush guard/1900 mile H2. MSRP on window sticker was $54,510.

Again, have not agreed to pay $30k yet. I'm making them "sweat" a little over the Christmas holiday.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:26 PM

Drag is off the scale

Just remember that Kelly Blue Book started as a dealer publication, and it is VERY conservative in it's trade in estimates. It's a dealer friendly publication. Try and get a hold of Kelly BLACK book, which is the dealer publication that is used for auction pricing. Also, find other Jeeps in your area that are for sale at dealerships in about the same condition and mileage as yours, and see what they are selling for. That should give you some info on your trade in value. Hope it's helpful.

Yes, this is my truck. No, I will NOT help you move.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:44 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

Sounds like you are happy with your Jeep plus $30,000.00 .... now, think about making out a check ahead of time giving them the Jeep and $29,000.00 and include all fees -- the total "shabang" that you will pay --- the sales tax, license fee, etc. .... then when you go to the dealer, "calmly" hand it to them and let them know that this is the only deal ... you've nothing to lose !

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 12-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Drag, I disagree with you on the Kelly Book Value. Used car buyers are the ultimate bargain hunters. KBB is a measure everyone uses and used car buyers need to have the satifaction of getting something cheaper that it's perceived value.

I just sold my Jeep that was in extraordinary condition. Kelly Book Value was way above what the market price - $8K while the same Jeeps as mine were selling for $5K on eBay and listed at $7K in classifieds. In the end best bid I could get was $6K.

MMP, my advice is take this offer for $30K if this H2 has the features you want. Considering the time and energy that goes into selling a car and that you might not get a buyer $14K for the Jeep, this seems like a good deal.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Hummer Novice

rsatmans is off the scale

didnt know 2003 h2s where so cheap i couldve bought one instead of the new ford which i paid 41k for

2004 ford f150/mods
2003 mercedes s430
2001 mercedes e320
2001 mercedes c320
Old 12-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

There comes a time one just have to give the brain a rest and throw away the calcualtor. You got a reasonable deal, you feel comfortable, you get rid of the old ride, you will be driving something you will not believe how wonderful it is until you own it, you will be the top dog, you will be in hog heaven. Stop thinking and counting, follow your heart. Do it now before the deal slips away or you change your mind.

You can be riding the dragon today, instead of shopping for a better deal for weeks.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

I think I'm going to do what NCHummerman suggests. In stead of writing a check, I'll probably take in $29k + title/lic in COLD HARD CASH. I'd like to see their faces light up when I put that wad of bills on their desk!

MAC, you're right about getting rid of my old ride and into the BADDEST MACHINE EVER...thanks!
Old 12-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Congratulation, just do it.
Forget about their faces, they don't care if it is cash or financing, they love financing, make a lot more money on financing. It is your face you should worry about, you better start practice smiling, you'll look silly with that 24/7 smile.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Hummer Guru

MMPH2,

Now your learning! Look how much smarter you have become in the last two days. You went from being a "test driving, ready to pay full price dish rag" to a "cash wheeling, one ultimatum, car buying shark". I like the change.

So now were looking at $14,125.00 + $29,000.00= $43,125.00 (ALL IN). So if you subtract the tax and tags from this it puts you right in the neighborhood of $41-$42 where we said you needed to be. When you go in there drop the 29K, keys and title on his desk and tell him "ALL IN". I'd be very surprised if they let you walk. Good Luck and let us know how you make out. "The force is strong in you young Skywalker".

Old 12-24-2003, 07:12 PM

noc is off the scale

They'll go for $43k for that. It's used.. they already made loads off of the previous owner. In Socal.. they are still advertising $43,995 for a brand new '03.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:29 PM

Cincinnati h2 is off the scale

In my experience it is hard to get any dealer to give you kelly blue book value. If they do they will always try to get more for the vehicle you are buying.I think that you really have to let them know that you are not to hooked on the vehicle you are looking at and are willing to walk at any time if they are not willing to work with you on the price. I have walked out many times and have been contacted within a week saying they would now except my last offer.