H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Man that scoots pretty good!! What is that--about 7 sec 0-60? Sounds like a Magnusun. What are you running for exhaust/headers? Nice hotties in the Avatar by the way
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Borla, B&B cat back
6.46 - 0-60
This is basically the package I got.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
Man that scoots pretty good!! What is that--about 7 sec 0-60? Sounds like a Magnusun. What are you running for exhaust/headers? Nice hotties in the Avatar by the way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think it's a schooch under 7 sec.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Did you have Lingenfelter do the motor work, or just the blower package? What size pulley do you run?
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-05-2005, 01:43 AM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I pull that kind of boost, but I did encounter some detonation on the way home from Moab going through some of the passes. I run premium.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does detonation mean?

So up to the Eisenhower Tunnel (the big tunnel over/through the Divide) how did your rig run? How fast were you driving and what was your RPM...if you even remember. I was talking with Adam about this and our trucks really have to wind up the RPMs to keep it at 80 up there.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

35 bish.

LPE did everything.

Detonation is pre-ignition of the fuel in the cylinders.

When traveling through the passes I would just leave my truck's cruise on and shoot up the mountains. It didn't slow at all when other vehicles started to drop to the right lanes.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Hummer Expert

Did it downshift at all?
Old 11-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

Yes, on the really long, steep ones.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Hummer Expert

That's cool. Sometimes I think I'm gonna have to get out and push.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Did you do any tranny mods (besides the stall) to handle the power? How long did it take them to do all the work?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

About a month and I did have the trans done.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
Actually, on the H2, we had Magnusun and Allen Nelson make a tune for 87 octane fuel and it acutally runs good--and even with 8.5 lbs of boost. I have a 91 octane tune that I may use if gas comes back down to reality, but I am interested to see the power difference between the 2 which I suspect is rather small. The main reason to run the 91 or higher is to try and avoid detonation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Kodiakz

I contacted Allen and you are correct... Very quick reply and helpful information.

Since I emailed him again afterhours, I was wondering if you may be able to answer my questions... How much roughly does the 87 octane program with exchange PCM cost?? and without the exchange??

Thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you got a reply. I sent an email too and haven't heard anything from him.

His loss, not mine, my money spends anywhere.

Mark
Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Sometmes he does get a little busy as the rest of us do. Give him a minute and you will be glad you did. I had a chance to deal with another tuner that rhymes with besters and he was unfriendly, high priced, and basically told me in no uncerain terms that he was the best and that I could take it or leave it he even said he really didn't care!!!!!! Allen has helped me so many times I can't even remember and on stuff that I didn't purchase through him.

As for cost I am not sure as Allen and I usually do trade outs. I do know that the core charge for a pcm is $150 and I think that is his cost. As for tuning, you would need to speak with him as I would hate to misquote him.

His tunes are awesome! He begins where superchips, predator, and hypertech leave off. Very tweaky tuning, but worth it if you know what you want.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Ken, old friend--not all detonation is pre-ignition. Didn't you read the article????

It was written for the masses and does not get that technical.

I know the author.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

John You should be commended on the article also. Most do not look at the author but, I do and You did a very good job and nothing there to disagree with by anyone I should think. You keep up the great work of informing the newbies and Us more experienced owners as well. I learn something everytime.
Thanks

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummersGoneWild:
Ken, old friend--not all detonation is pre-ignition. Didn't you read the article????

I know the author. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I know that guy! I'll read the article now. Thanks John.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ:
John You should be commended on the article also. Most do not look at the author but, I do and You did a very good job and nothing there to disagree with by anyone I should think. You keep up the great work of informing the newbies and Us more experienced owners as well. I learn something everytime.
Thanks

TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree.... this article helped me make an 'informed' decision on my supercharger purchase.. Excellent information.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummersGoneWild:

I know the author. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I know that guy! I'll read the article now. Thanks John. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sad, but I just now read it. Probably the best, most concise piece of info about induction on this site.