H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Some of the people who have been around for a long time have to slow down and act dumb a little. Every organization needs new blood to keep it fresh and vibrant, to replace the old ones who drift away. You have seen it does not mean they have seen it. It is not encouraging to new friends that you kept on jumping in to scream REPOST! I reposted INTENTIONALLY for them.

TX Red, what is the benefit of having a high post count? do tell, I must've missed it. I am soooo stupid, I never thought post count matters ****. Who cares? you do.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
I like to see Hummer wrecks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mac, you're not saying you like to see "Hummers wrecked", are you?
Old 12-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

All:

I have been in contact with a local "source" on this accident, (first pic). The police suspect the owner (Anchorage Hummer,) had a seisure (as he has had a history of such). The owner just claims his foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas. There is some dispute as to whether the owners drivers license was under suspension at the time for medical reasons, and is in the court system being resolved. If you ask me...one's foot slipping off the brake would not have developed into a high speed/multiple vehicle collision of this nature. Sorry AH

Nav: If you want more specifics, e-mail me off Forum.

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 12-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I have not come across any worthy Hummer H2 crash photos for many months, the above photos are about all I got, and they were mostly a year old. I am not into body parts nor dead people at crime sites, but just keep the worthy H2 crash photos in my hard drive. Anybody else got any to share?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC,

Just pulling your leg about the book. Back in the stone age when I took driver's education in high school, we were required to buy that book and read it.

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 12-17-2003, 08:18 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I will take walking away from any accident. especially after slam dancing 5-6 other cars and trucks.. Guys and gal.. Truck drivers have lost their lives when driving big bad semi trucks..

PS.. I am happy with the reposts.. I see new things almost everytime.. if it is a repost I've already seen , I simply move on.

Mike
Old 12-17-2003, 09:25 PM

H1\'S R OK is off the scale

I work for a body shop I can tell ya the H2 is bullt to save lives but not it's self. it is built much like a geo as far as being able to take a hit and drive away. h2's are just a Tahoe with larger axles and a heavier body.Most SUV's on the road today can take a hit better than an h2 except the expedition or navigator wich are awfull as well. That why you got insurance though right, you walk away insurance pays you off.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:34 PM
HummMe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H1'S R OK:
I work for a body shop I can tell ya the H2 is bullt to save lives but not it's self. it is built much like a geo as far as being able to take a hit and drive away. h2's are just a Tahoe with larger axles and a heavier body.Most SUV's on the road today can take a hit better than an h2 except the expedition or navigator wich are awfull as well. That why you got insurance though right, you walk away insurance pays you off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont remember seeing any Tahoes with a boxed frame -correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H1'S R OK:
...h2's are just a Tahoe with larger axles and a heavier body...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please display your ignorance somewhere else. There are no major components that's shared with the Tahoe.

The chassis is a three-piece, fully welded, boxed ladder-type frame with many hydroformed components. Some chassis and steering components are shared with the 2500-Series Suburban and the 1500 Suburban, but most of those shared parts have been heavily modified.

Among the shared and/or modified items from the 2500 Suburban are the H2's front third of the frame, the steering system and basic brake system. The rear third of the H2's frame was adapted from the 1500 Suburban. The H2's center frame as well as the flat crossmembers that are used around the transmission mounting area are all unique to the H2.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HummMe:
I work for a body shop I can tell ya the H2 is bullt to save lives but not it's self. it is built much like a geo as far as being able to take a hit and drive away. h2's are just a Tahoe with larger axles and a heavier body.Most SUV's on the road today can take a hit better than an h2 except the expedition or navigator wich are awfull as well. That why you got insurance though right, you walk away insurance pays you off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont remember seeing any Tahoes with a boxed frame -correct me if I am wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok your corrected you are wrong the H@ is built on a tahoe chasis.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paragon:
...h2's are just a Tahoe with larger axles and a heavier body...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please display your ignorance somewhere else. There are no major components that's shared with the Tahoe.

The chassis is a three-piece, fully welded, boxed ladder-type frame with many hydroformed components. Some chassis and steering components are shared with the 2500-Series Suburban and the 1500 Suburban, but most of those shared parts have been heavily modified.

Among the shared and/or modified items from the 2500 Suburban are the H2's front third of the frame, the steering system and basic brake system. The rear third of the H2's frame was adapted from the 1500 Suburban. The H2's center frame as well as the flat crossmembers that are used around the transmission mounting area are all unique to the H2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um try the frame although extended and the engine and the tranny and the transfer case. to name just a few major components. Share your ignorence with the forum I see.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:28 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

The transfer case?? Oh my you are a nit-wit H1
Old 12-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Banned

Um try the frame although extended and the engine and the tranny and the transfer case. to name just a few major components. Share your ignorence with the forum I see.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I assume you are not concerned at all with your credibility with such asinine statements. Do a little research on something before you try to talk about it!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

H1'S R OK = Body Shop Janitor

Why did you join this forum?:

H1'S R OK says:
TO SEE IF H2 OWNERS REALY ARE AS DUMB AS EVERYONE SAYS. CONCLUSION, YES!! WOW YOU HAVE A TAHOE WITH A TUFF LOOKIN BODY.

I Say: H1'S R OK is a stupid troll that needs to get a freakin life, maybe you should go back to being the school janitor again......oh thats right you can't

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa Sport.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

Mods & Pics

Old 12-18-2003, 04:01 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Great, a bodyshop guy, show me some worthy H2 wreck photos. Prove it.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:53 PM

argonaut is off the scale

here is my big question, what the F is wrong with tahoes? They are nice trucks. Obviously they can't do what an H2 can offroad, but why do stupid ignorant Trolls always come in here and say it's a glorified Tahoe like it is something bad. At least it isn't a glorified Jeep, or a glorified Toyota. Tahoes are nice, and not cheap either. So GM shares parts and or chassis frames. BFD. I really could care less. My truck is still much cooler than yours at the end of the day. Plus a hell of a lot more comfortable. I would like to see a stupid jeep hit a side angle that our Hummer can. Oh wait, they roll over. Oops. There is a reason the military switched away from Heeps. Hmm, if H1's are OK,, and an H2 can go just about anywhere an H1 can (ask H1ers that have wheeled with h2s) then H2s must be OK too, regardless if it is a GM product. These uneducated Trolls are lame. Forget about wheeling with you. I only wheel with edumacated folk.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:57 PM

Detonate is off the scale

I just got my wife a Yukon and I love it!

------------------------------
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.