H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Banned

DRTYF? (the imposter) is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... but if thats the level of intellegence here maybe I made a mistake.

Anyone with any intelligence could spend a very short time looking around here and realize that this is a community of people that love the Hummer line and don't take kindly to bashing any of them. I know that many here have more than one model and the number of H2 owners that have ordered H3s amazes me. So H2Guy, maybe you shouldn't be questioning the intelligence of the other users here, especially when you can not spell the word correctly. This is like walking into a sports bar in Boston and yelling the Red Sox blow. Not a smart move if you are trying to make friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you mispell my words to make me look stupid in that post. lol

And who said I was trying to make new friends.. How many here live in Hawaii?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't try and pull yourself out of the rut by saying it's a simple fact that it shares certain components when in your first post you say it's nothing more than a Colorado. Tons of vehicles share the same components, that's just the way it is. I would also hardly call the vehicle cheap considering a loaded H3 will run you over 40 grand.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

H2Guy,

Stick around. I am fairly new here myself but have found that this place is full of a bunch of great people that have a good time. In my opinion, the reason for the harsh response, mine included, is the fact that you said it wasn't a hummer. Give it a chance.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by frank6150:
Don't try and pull yourself out of the rut by saying it's a simple fact that it shares certain components when in your first post you say it's nothing more than a Colorado. Tons of vehicles share the same components, that's just the way it is. I would also hardly call the vehicle cheap considering a loaded H3 will run you over 40 grand.

Whatever you say bro. I'll just keep my opinions to myself from now on because if YOU dont agree they aren't worth having. lol
Hummer Veteran

JohnB.GWU. is off the scale

Yes, the H3 could very well be a good truck. Remember, the H2 isnt flawless. How many problems have we all had with these things (I think i brought H2 #1 in for warranty work 7+ times in the first year for recalls etc).

Bottom line, it's a fun vehicle to own, so we all have them. The target market is different for H1/H2/H3, so the cars are all engineered differently. A good product is a good product is a good product, so time will tell as to how the Hummer name lives on.
05\' Yellow Lux - BACK TO YELLOW BABY!!!
04 S55 Benz w/Brabus Tuning
Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnB.GWU.:
Yes, the H3 could very well be a good truck. Remember, the H2 isnt flawless. How many problems have we all had with these things (I think i brought H2 #1 in for warranty work 7+ times in the first year for recalls etc).

Bottom line, it's a fun vehicle to own, so we all have them. The target market is different for H1/H2/H3, so the cars are all engineered differently. A good product is a good product is a good product, so time will tell as to how the Hummer name lives on.

I hear what your saying.. I just dont like it.. And I dont like how the dealer laughed about the h3 when I picked up my h2. Seems to me alot of people may be doing that. But that's ok no big deal. I am allowed to not like something right?

At least now everyone here is getting to know me, and thats the point..
Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Hummer Guru

I just did a quote on your intelligence comment by clicking the quote button. Didn't edit any spelling in your comment so not sure what happened there.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Banned

This thread is really rockin now.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Hummer Guru

[quote]I am allowed to not like something right?
QUOTE]

Everyone is allowed I think is was just how it came out that got everyone going.

As far as the dealer is concerned, who cares what he thinks. I am sure he would rather sell $50K plus vehicles that deal with $30K vehicles. I don't know what everyone else's experience is but most dealers (all makes) I have dealt with don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Not bashing the good ones guys. I know a few of you are here.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can have your opinions, just don't be a puss when others express theirs.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Just as a point of info, 85% of all the parts that go into a H3 are H3 specific. This just happened to come up while I was talking the H3's design manager this morning.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

and the h2 is a tahoe, we have heard this sh*t before.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

Alright alright points well taken.. But I still dont like it.. But that'll be enuf. Im over it.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:03 PM

trailjeeper is off the scale

I am blown away by some of the posts here! How did this discussion ever come up? It is complete and utter hypocracy to ever state that an H3 is not a hummer within an H2 discussion forum! The concepts are exactly the same. I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but H2 is to Tahoe as H3 is to Colorado. General Motors contructs Hummers by starting with a currently implemented truck frame (not speaking of the H1 of course), which they modify and upgrade to accomodate larger tires and different body styles. If an H3 is based on the Colorado's platform, given suspension upgrades to run larger tires, and fitted with a body that will lessen front and rear overhangs, than it will be a competent machine, capable and fun! And it will be easily purchased by those who have tighter incomes but desire to own a Hummer.

I applaud GM for doing this. If there is going to be a Hummer lineup produce for the general public, it should be for ALL of us! Then we can choose which Hummer suits are needs and wallets. It's this kind of thinking that make this country what it is, isn't it?

Thanks for listening to a newcomers ramblings.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:17 PM

HummerChic is off the scale

We got to see one of these first hand at the Hummer Event this last weekend.. Personally I think it is a Jeep on Steroids.. Just a Cheaper way for someone to get a vehicle with HUMMER on it so that they can say they own one...
TOO small.. Being almost 6 feet tall I would be KISSING my knees!! NO THANK YOU!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

The vehicle wasn't designed for wookies.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Great comments trailjpr. Thanks for the input and I agree.

The H1 owners talked, and still do talk, crap about us. I don't think it's right for any HUMMER owner to bash another HUMMER model.

HUMMERCHIC, you must not have gotten in the driver's seat. I'm 6'4" and had ample room. Hell, the seat could have gone back farther.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

First, this thread is BS. There is nothing wrong with the H3 and most of us H2 owners welcome the H3 and their owners, especially if they are going to wheel them. A vehicle is the sum of it's parts, not based on it's parts individually. If the platform was tweaked to make a a good off-road vehicle, it shouldn't matter where the base came from.

BUT, don't confuse the H2 and the H3. The H2 is not based on any platform. It does not share a frame with any other singular GM vehicle. It shares frame components from the GM parts bin and the frame has been boxed. So to say the H2 is to the Tahoe as the H3 is to the Colorado just shows ignorance of the facts. The H2 is also built by AM General at AM General's facilities, just like the H1.

The bashing of the H3 before it has even hit the ground is ridiculous. Bashing it because of how it makes you feel about ownership of your H1 or H2 is just plain stupid. FWIW, I like the H3 and welcome it and it's owners and look forward to driving one on the trail.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Paragon.

I like the H3 also. What I like about the Hummer line is that they aren't the same at all. I thought the H3 was going to be a small H2. But it's not, it's a smaller SUV made with great detail and quality. It's going to rival the Jeeps ass. It's not as luxurious as the H2 or as exotic as the H1 - it's a nimble younger brother of the two.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Isn't the H3 just a smaller Tahoe - chopped down or something - oh and they float.