H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve - SanJose:
Yes many on this forum have less than an 8th grade US education as noted in this thread .

This is CLEARLY true. Marc.. Forgive the neanderthals here... They know not what they do... Actually... a few of them do... They are just a$$holes. Ignore them.

Yes... The H3 is a little underpowered* but you get used to it. Or you can make mods to it to not only make it a little peppier but also increase your gas mileage. The supercharger is the ultimate option! (Though not for increased gas mileage!) If you have the coin... It may be worth a look.

The automatic transmission does fine if you live in a somewhat flat area. If you live in a mountainous region... You will be constantly dropping into a lower gear and the engine will work like hell to get you there. Still not too bad... But something to think about.

The rear seat doesn't fold down flat* but they do come somewhat close. If you need a flat bed this won't work unless you remove the rear seats. There is another thread around here that shows removing the rear seats to make it flat. Rather extreme... But if that is what you need... It can be done... But not on a regular basis I would think.

Limited sight*... It does have a limited view from the driver's seat. This can be compensated for with spot mirrors and/or a back-up camera.

There is limited onboard computer function*... You DO have OnStar though which will keep you informed of your vehicle status on a monthly basis. If the "check engine" light comes on.. Just call them and they will tell you what is wrong! There are aftermarket Nav systems that can tie in with your onboard computer to give you this info though... It may be an option for you... If you want the added expense.

* These issues are minor (to me)... If you drive the H3 you will LOVE it and all the rest will not matter. You will simply not care! It is a fun truck to drive... I no longer mind being stuck in rush hour traffic!
2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

1990 Porsche C2 (911) - Highly modified and very, very fast!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to clutter the board with useless information.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

I only have one thing to say. My hubby did not want the H3 AT ALL. He was a hater from day 1. HOWEVER since I've picked mine up on monday- I've let him drive it only once and he is constantly bugging me to let him drive it now. He loves it. Probably not as much as me but at least he's happy we have it. So what if the engine is a little underpowered. If ya want a fast car- buy a sports car. You need the seats to fold flat- buy a truck. Who cares about visibility- you get used to it afterwhile. Hell mine is less than a week old and I'm a pro!
You either love the H3 or ya don't. There is no middle ground. I personally think everyone should have one
Old 04-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve - SanJose:
Yes many on this forum have less than an 8th grade US education as noted in this thread .

This is CLEARLY true. Marc.. Forgive the neanderthals here... They know not what they do... Actually... a few of them do... They are just a$$holes. Ignore them.

Yes... The H3 is a little underpowered* but you get used to it. Or you can make mods to it to not only make it a little peppier but also increase your gas mileage. The supercharger is the ultimate option! (Though not for increased gas mileage!) If you have the coin... It may be worth a look.

The automatic transmission does fine if you live in a somewhat flat area. If you live in a mountainous region... You will be constantly dropping into a lower gear and the engine will work like hell to get you there. Still not too bad... But something to think about.

The rear seat doesn't fold down flat* but they do come somewhat close. If you need a flat bed this won't work unless you remove the rear seats. There is another thread around here that shows removing the rear seats to make it flat. Rather extreme... But if that is what you need... It can be done... But not on a regular basis I would think.

Limited sight*... It does have a limited view from the driver's seat. This can be compensated for with spot mirrors and/or a back-up camera.

There is limited onboard computer function*... You DO have OnStar though which will keep you informed of your vehicle status on a monthly basis. If the "check engine" light comes on.. Just call them and they will tell you what is wrong! There are aftermarket Nav systems that can tie in with your onboard computer to give you this info though... It may be an option for you... If you want the added expense.

* These issues are minor (to me)... If you drive the H3 you will LOVE it and all the rest will not matter. You will simply not care! It is a fun truck to drive... I no longer mind being stuck in rush hour traffic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>too bad you couldn't have offered some insight with all of that typing you did
Old 04-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Dani:
I only have one thing to say. My hubby did not want the H3 AT ALL. He was a hater from day 1. HOWEVER since I've picked mine up on monday- I've let him drive it only once and he is constantly bugging me to let him drive it now. He loves it. Probably not as much as me but at least he's happy we have it. So what if the engine is a little underpowered. If ya want a fast car- buy a sports car. You need the seats to fold flat- buy a truck. Who cares about visibility- you get used to it afterwhile. Hell mine is less than a week old and I'm a pro!
You either love the H3 or ya don't. There is no middle ground. I personally think everyone should have one
SEE!!!!!!!! Dani gets it.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:56 AM
Steve - SanJose

Dani - congrats on the new H3. If I remember you were looking at both H3's and FJ's. Show us some pics later and tell us what's planned for mods.

S.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve - SanJose:

This is...
...traffic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, GFY and buy a faggy Peugot, you pansy euro. Have fun with the Muslims over there. Don't say or do anything to enrage them.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:53 AM

european_liberal is off the scale

Quote:

* These issues are minor (to me)... If you drive the H3 you will LOVE it and all the rest will not matter. You will simply not care! It is a fun truck to drive... I no longer mind being stuck in rush hour traffic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Rick,

This info really helps me a lot.

Since I live in the alps, I think, I will wait for the Diesel. Too much mountains around here...

I really like the H3 for its looks and its abilities. But I do realize, that it wouldn't make sense to replace our current car, since the H3 - even thou its the perfect car for what it was intended for - might not be able to completely replace it, since our current car is more of a family hauler/ highway cruiser with hi MPG. Nobody could expect that from an offroader.

Btw... Don't worry about the Neandertals. If you didn't learn to live with jerks, you didn't learn to live at all. I don't care. That is why I chose European_Liberal as a nick. It polarizes and exposes who's a jerk and who not...

Dani,
That are some clear words and I agree, this sums it up pretty well and supports my decission to keep our current car parallel to the H3.

dei???????,
Believe me, I didn't marry me wife for her driving skills. Her abilities are in a different field.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
I believe that would be termed a "double negative"

Paragon,
I used to live and work in L.A. for 3 years. Legally. When the INS (you know what that is, do you?) granted my visa, they wrote something like: "the visa is issued because this individual offers artistic abilites that can not be found in the US." I think that this is a bit exaggerated, but when it comes to double negative, it seems your government knows its math, knows that double negative means a big plus.

cheerz,

Marc
Old 04-21-2006, 05:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by european_liberal:

To specify it further:

- Has anyone heard that the Diesel is actually coming and when? <span class="ev_code_RED">Nope, haven't heard.</span>
- Has anyone heard if they are planning on a 5 Gear transmission? <span class="ev_code_RED">Nope, haven't heard.</span>
- Has anyone ever had any broken hinges or damage seats because of the seats not folding down completly? <span class="ev_code_RED">Nope, haven't heard.</span>

cheerz,

Marc
Hope that helps. The H3 is a great truck, but if you're having too many questions, you may want to consider something else. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

startin\' young is off the scale

i am a 21 year old male who loves to go fast but i can cruse a 85 on the highway no prob. the back seat no issue for me(use it as a head rest maybe) trip computer i always thought that is what the gas gauge is for and if u r smart enough you can figure it out when u fil up. is the hummer h3 a lux mobile not in a long shot it is no porsche, bmw, or lexus but whill it kick there a s s off road h e l l yea. it does what it was built for and does it well so if you want luxery then buy a bme, lexus or porsche not trying to be an a s s but just telling you the TRUTH
Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by startin' young:
i am a 21 year old male who loves to go fast but i can cruse a 85 on the highway no prob. the back seat no issue for me(use it as a head rest maybe) trip computer i always thought that is what the gas gauge is for and if u r smart enough you can figure it out when u fil up. is the hummer h3 a lux mobile not in a long shot it is no porsche, bmw, or lexus but whill it kick there a s s off road h e l l yea. it does what it was built for and does it well so if you want luxery then buy a bme, lexus or porsche not trying to be an a s s but just telling you the TRUTH

Well, I don't need Luxury. I need a tool for daily life. I need to haul my family, I need to haul equipement, I need to cruise mountain highways, climb up mountains and even on glaciers. I need to cruise highways on the flatlands and drive in heavy city traffic.

But before there is another 5 posts stating "buy a Toyota, you prick", I'll end this thread from my side. I got the info I needed and also a deep insight into the American psyche. What a great experience. Thank you.

cheerz,

Marc
Old 04-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by european_liberal:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by startin' young:

Well, I don't need Luxury. I need a tool for daily life. I need to haul my family, I need to haul equipement, I need to cruise mountain highways, climb up mountains and even on glaciers. I need to cruise highways on the flatlands and drive in heavy city traffic.

But before there is another 5 posts stating "buy a Toyota, you prick", I'll end this tread from my side. I got the info I needed and deep insight into the American psyche. What a great experience. Thank you.

cheerz,

Marc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
u must be from france
Old 04-21-2006, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by startin' young:

u must be from france

Not even close. But I guess it makes life easier to use stereotypes...

btw: did you ever actually meet someone from France?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

it is as simple as this buy one if u like them if not don't
Old 04-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

When you start a post with "European Liberal," right away many of us will ignore the thread, or answer with some 'off-color' answers, believing a troll has arrived. If you are not a troll, and an actual European Liberal; great for you, but when selecting a name that you know will obtain remarks such as you received, is not too intelligent on your part. It doesn't take a brain scientist to understand this forum leans to the US conservative side of the political spectrum.

But, just in case you are not a troll, I'll answer some of your questions.
The 5-cylinder Isuzu diesel will be arriving sometime in Europe. Being an export, not sure exactly when, but it is a go.

The 4L70 trans is strong as hell, and the 5- and 6-speeds that GM offers will also downshift in the mountains. It not as much a problem with the trans as a problem with the HP and the weight of the vehicle.

The engine/trans combo does ok in the high mountains, but remember, you lose HP as you increase in altitude, so the '07 with more HP would be more beneficial, since I would guess the diesel will downshift quite a bit too. More torque, but at cruising speeds you are looking for HP, not necessarily torque.

Don't believe OnStar is available in Europe; not sure, so I would advise you to check first on this feature. I figure my fuel mileage and miles remaining based on the trip odometer and knowing a rough estimate of how much fuel I have, and I'm accurate within a mile per gallon or a few miles till empty. Easy to do these calculations in my head with my 4th grade education.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

good point
Old 04-21-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f5fstop:
When you start a post with "European Liberal," right away many of us will ignore the thread, or answer with some 'off-color' answers, believing a troll has arrived. If you are not a troll, and an actual European Liberal; great for you, but when selecting a name that you know will obtain remarks such as you received, is not too intelligent on your part. It doesn't take a brain scientist to understand this forum leans to the US conservative side of the political spectrum.

But, just in case you are not a troll, I'll answer some of your questions.
The 5-cylinder Isuzu diesel will be arriving sometime in Europe. Being an export, not sure exactly when, but it is a go.

The 4L70 trans is strong as hell, and the 5- and 6-speeds that GM offers will also downshift in the mountains. It not as much a problem with the trans as a problem with the HP and the weight of the vehicle.

The engine/trans combo does ok in the high mountains, but remember, you lose HP as you increase in altitude, so the '07 with more HP would be more beneficial, since I would guess the diesel will downshift quite a bit too. More torque, but at cruising speeds you are looking for HP, not necessarily torque.

Don't believe OnStar is available in Europe; not sure, so I would advise you to check first on this feature. I figure my fuel mileage and miles remaining based on the trip odometer and knowing a rough estimate of how much fuel I have, and I'm accurate within a mile per gallon or a few miles till empty. Easy to do these calculations in my head with my 4th grade education.

Hi F5Fstop,

Well, I am what you would call a European Liberal, but since the European political spectrum is a little bit different, it might not be exactly comparable to a US Liberal.

Your point is not that I am using a political nickname, but rather a political nickname that doesn't match the opinion of the majority of the people here. This in itself is a questionable point.
I would understand this, if I logged onto a forum of the republican party. But since this is a Hummer forum and 99% of the people here come from countries that respect the freedom of speech, it shouldn't be a big deal to be a liberal. Is it?

Anyhow. No trolling, just finding a decision.
Buying a car is a big deal - lot of money. So I think its just right to ask questions. Asking questions can never be stupid. And who might be better to ask than the ones who already own one. I don't see any mistake in that.

I thank you for the Info. Its the most valuable I got so far.

Isuzu is building good workhorse diesels, so I guess its the right decision to wait for that. If the engine is close to other diesels with 200HP it could have as much as 400-450 torque. That would surely be nice. The diesel I've got now has approx. the same size and makes 30-34 MPG on the Highway (same car weight), which would be really nice for the H3...

I wouldn't be surprised if GM uses the 5speed for the diesel, since the diesels usually have a lower spectrum of RPM. For that reason I think it will be more shifting than with the gas engine/4speed combination anyway.

Cruising speed is not an issue for me. Even on the German Autobahn I am ussually not going faster than 85mph.

OnStar is not available in Europe. People here don't like the idea that someone else is monitoring their car. They rather have all the information availbale for themselves on the onboard computer.

I must admit thou, that I am surprised that GM didn't include the trip computer feature on the H3. It takes nearly no additinal hardware and the calculation power of a pocket calculator. Not important at all, but a nice little feature.

Don't get me wrong guys. I am just trying to find a decision. I know, that you love your H3s and I really don't want to offend anybody by asking questions that might be obvious if you already own one. I don't (yet).

cheerz,

Marc
Old 04-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Marc... They didn't include the trip computer because this doesn't get 20+ MPG all the time. The last thing they want is you tuning into the 16 MPG that you are getting!
2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

1990 Porsche C2 (911) - Highly modified and very, very fast!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Marc... They didn't include the trip computer because this doesn't get 20+ MPG all the time. The last thing they want is you tuning into the 16 MPG that you are getting!

LOL I can see that... I saw a british car review once where they used the kick down on the H2. The driver was completly stunned when the trip computer went down to 1 MPG.

Btw: the journalist really liked the H2. He said, the H2 reminds you of what you loved about cars in the first place when you where a boy... "Every ride is an event." Actually an entertaining review.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

crotch_rocket_pilot is off the scale

Ask whatever you want. I will be completely honest. They are far from perfect vehicles but I still love mine.

And like others have said, ignore those of use who cant respond intelligently. Your alright with me Mr. Liberal (Although maybe not politically), anyone who can dish it back out here with something more intelligent than "Im rubber your glue" is ok with me.