H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Firm,

That is great. Looks like you could be the first here from Florida to get one. Guess we should start seeing so here in Orlando before long. Does your dealer up there have their new facility completed? I guess that is a factor in the delivery.

Does anyone know how to find out what dealers are participating in the GMS Discount for everyone. Keep seeing "Participating dealers" and sure sounds vague to me.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-02-2005, 01:10 AM

firm is off the scale

they all should be participating. The more cars the sell the better for them. They could care less what GM charges. The dealers will probably try to make a little more on the side. It makes the H3's price more competitive, if you can buy an h2 for $6000 more.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:52 AM

funkywinkerbean is off the scale

First impression - H#:

I drove the base package model and the "Adventure Package"model.

This vehicle is small. If it were not raised 12 inches offits frame it would look like a small SUV like the Jeep Liberty.

No telescoping steeringwheel. No excuse for not having one.

No power seats available in cloth - the manual lumbar mechanism is inadequate.

Tire noise on the Adventure package is really loud.

Engine would be great for a Jeep Liberty but needs another 75 horses for this heavy vehicle. Why use a nice but underpowered motor on a 4800 pound vehicle?

Panic braking is, well, Panicky!

Body sway is significant, so dont try flinging this thing around - although the diminutive size makes you think you could.

Price is simply too high for what you get. Other SUV choices make the H3 purchase more a statement of individuality than value or functionality.

I am glad I had the opportunity to drive the vehicle. I am sure GM will sell a bunch.

GM is just plain stupid not to offer ALL of their vehicles for the "Employee Price" - yes, including the H3 and the Corvette.

Besides, just cutting their profit (increasing their loss) per vehicle will not reprise a company which has been out of touch for about two decades.

I will pass on the H3. But it would be fun to rent one on accasion!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Hummer Guru

Funky,

I am surprise by your apparent total dislike for the H3 and GM in general Personally, I have not owned a GM vehicle in a number of years. Don't get me wrong, you are more than entitled to opinion and I am not discounting your input or trying to bash you because you don't like it very much. Just have a couple of questions. First, what do you drive now? If you are coming from a large SUV or truck that would explain you thoughts on the size. If you are driving a luxury sedan, that would explain the tire noise issue. Also, does the vehicle you driving now have a telescoping steering wheel? I personally do not think I have had a vehicle in at least 15 years that had one. Maybe I have and just don't recall because I never used it anyway. I am just surprised that you would expect it. I am surprised by your impression of the H3 as it is so different than most of the posts here and may completely be because of what you drive now. I will have to reserve my impression of until I actually get to see on other than in photos. At that time, who knows, I may agree with you completely but hope not Thanks for your thoughts on it though.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Engine would be great for a Jeep Liberty but needs another 75 horses for this heavy vehicle. Why use a nice but underpowered motor on a 4800 pound vehicle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a 2003 Silverado reg. cab 4.3 V6 4X4 Automatic. Curb weight is around the same as H3, I don't think mine is bad getting into traffic, merging, or passing and it has less HP than the H3. I'm not going to win any drag races with it, but I am more than pleased with its performance. If I were ready to buy today, I would buy with this engine.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Funky

I think the H3 is a great truck and this is coming from a Jeep guy.

Hey it's not a Rubicon but maybe the next best thing??

What other 4-door real SUV's are out there for the price??

Sure we all want more power but when gas gets above $3/gallon maybe the I-5 will look better??

I want to see a few road and off road tests and comparisons before I order mine!

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM

Don't kill the messenger!

More impressions: I got lots of stares and pointing from passersby... and the vehicle sits up high (above my truck) so you have a "Command Perspective".

Whatever vehicle I own will be used as my all around vehicle - perhaps the H3 would be more appropriate for the person who has multiple vehicles.

Also, in my opinion, the vehicle seems more complete with the step bar, and the adventure package (slightly larger diameter tires). Together, these items seem to help the appearance by "filling in" the void under the vehicle - you have to see it to understand. The more aggressive tires do make a lot more noise, though.

And there is a certain bizzarre "macho" appeal and attendant feeling of security based in part I believe on the military-esque nature of the vehicle.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkywinkerbean:
Don't kill the messenger! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, I won't Was just curious to learn more about what you are used to driving and if that had a factor in your impression of the H3. I will still have to see what my initial impressions are.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkywinkerbean:
First impression - H#:

I drove the base package model and the "Adventure Package"model.

This vehicle is small. If it were not raised 12 inches offits frame it would look like a small SUV like the Jeep Liberty.

No telescoping steeringwheel. No excuse for not having one.

No power seats available in cloth - the manual lumbar mechanism is inadequate.

Tire noise on the Adventure package is really loud.

Engine would be great for a Jeep Liberty but needs another 75 horses for this heavy vehicle. Why use a nice but underpowered motor on a 4800 pound vehicle?

Panic braking is, well, Panicky!

Body sway is significant, so dont try flinging this thing around - although the diminutive size makes you think you could.

Price is simply too high for what you get. Other SUV choices make the H3 purchase more a statement of individuality than value or functionality.

I am glad I had the opportunity to drive the vehicle. I am sure GM will sell a bunch.

GM is just plain stupid not to offer ALL of their vehicles for the "Employee Price" - yes, including the H3 and the Corvette.

Besides, just cutting their profit (increasing their loss) per vehicle will not reprise a company which has been out of touch for about two decades.

I will pass on the H3. But it would be fun to rent one on accasion! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It doesn't have a frig in it.

It won't do zero-60 in 3.9 sec.

Stopping is like.....stopping.

Just in case, it's sarcasm.

That's about as informed a review as a I have seen an individual make. Why would you even bother to spend the time to type that junk? I hadn't realized that they put a 12 inch body lift on the H3. Also, since you made the comparison and view yourself as some messenger. Let me point to the error of your message. A picture speaks much more than words.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

Damn, that's a sweet lookin' H3!

...oh wait. That's mine!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

IT GOT RUINED WITH AN APPLE STICKER!!!!!!

im just razzin ya
Old 06-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

Enhanced! Not ruined, you PC lover....
Old 06-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
Damn, that's a sweet lookin' H3!

...oh wait. That's mine! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

Old 06-06-2005, 07:13 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

killian

HA HA HA.....that's good stuff.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
IT GOT RUINED WITH AN APPLE STICKER!!!!!!

im just razzin ya </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it just shows that he likes cool stuff in his house as well as outside.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:00 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

PC's are great, especially if you LOVE Viruses... :-)
Old 06-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Nice pic..Never seen them side by side...

PCs for life!

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
Nice pic..Never seen them side by side...

PCs for life! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>came from here:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/3641066421
Old 06-08-2005, 07:43 PM

It never ceases to amaze me. The concept of "Forum" seems to be lost on some of us.

Evidently, someone seems to think that any opinion that does resonate with their's is worthy only of disdain. Has narrowmindedness become a virtue?

In the words of the inimitable Bard:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

"Hamlet", Act 3, Scene 2
Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned

It never ceases to amaze me. The concept of "Forum" seems to be lost on some of us.

Evidently, someone seems to think that any opinion that does resonate with their's is worthy only of disdain. Has narrowmindedness become a virtue?

In the words of the inimitable Bard:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

"Hamlet", Act 3, Scene 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that self-reflection? I believe it to be ye that had the laundry list of items deemed by thee to be not included in a vehicle of it's price range.

There is difference between opinion and statement of fact. Try opinion on the whole next time and don't try to intermingle your obvious ignorant opinion with things you deem to be statements of fact.

Besides you chose to offer what you are calling your opinion which was completely critical but get disjointed upon criticism directed towards it.

"Hummer", Act like a child, Scene before.