H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-22-2006, 09:25 AM

Hummer crazy is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by nmikes:
Matt, if you don't like the Hummer's you will get rediculed off off this forum pretty quick. Thats because we pretty much all have one or is pretty close to someone that does. Vehicles speak to everyone different based on priorities. Dodge has great towing capacity, Chevy's are quick... Jeep... well I'm not sure what jeep is... (have to throw bones to the rubicon though) But I think the H3 is a nich vehicle... pretty much any vehicle will get you from point A to B safely. But if everybody wanted just transportation we'd all still be driving Chevette's, Pinto's, and Gremlin's. Today there simply isn't a more practical everyday vehicle out there that you can as severly off-road without worrying about the little things. I think one of the reason's hummers have such poor (I'm speculating) visibility is that the shorter the posts the stronger they are going to be... I believe you could drop an H3 upside down and not worry about the roof pancaking on your head. I know i'm willing to sacrifice some inconvenience in visibility for this. Besides it forces the driver to keep a much higher situational awareness... wich actually makes me a safer driver... and gives a pretty bad ass look. I don't think there is another vehicle out there where the front posts are designed as such a functional roll cage. Its the little things you just don't think about... until you are on an off camber line and you are thinking to yourself... holy ****, if I should roll over... 'well I'm glad I'm driving a hummer' its all about what you are looking for and what suits you. I had a BMW once, macked out with the dinan suspension etc... driving through some neighborhoods in North and East Denver, I thought my car was literally going to come apart. I don't give poor roads a second thought anymore. The H3 has the horsepower and the gearing perfectly suited for exploring. Its probably one of the most overbuilt vehicles sold to the public. Its heavy for a reason, and yeah who doesn't want more horsepower... but looking at the entire package... I can't tell you how many times since last October I've said to myself I'm so glad I'm driving hummer... from hitting that hidden pothole, to crossing the freeway median in tall grass, driving in icy mountain passes, to making it accross a parking lot much quicker because, hell... I took a straight line. I know I'll be driving these things for as long as they'll be making them.
COULD Not have said it any better Thats It Thats All So True
Old 03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by kennyosemite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
jeep commanders make me chuckle

Neo ~ 3questions if I may: 1) are those 315/75R16s? 2) What made you choose TOYO M/T Open Country over BFG A/T's or another brand? 3) did you have to make any adjustments to the rear door mounting to accomodate the larger tire? While I'm waiting to take delivery of my truck (ordered last week), I'm debating whether to tell the dealer I want something other than the 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T's that come from the factory with the Adventure package. Your sertup is sweet. Thx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the Toyo's and would have gotten them if I hadn't gotten a great deal on my BFG AT KO's. They are both great tires.

Yes, if you can get the dealer to switch out the tires DO IT!

HIHUMMER and HummerNewbie have the BFG AT KO's in the OE size 285/75R16 on their H3s and they work really well. When HI and I were in Paragon her base H3 with KO's was able to clear things that my Adventure with OE Bridgstones could not. Those tires are a weak link. Ditch 'em.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Best price I found online was $233.25 here:

hey kenny thats a great price i payed 250.00 mounted out the door and that was supplier discount LOL BS . we get hosed in the L.A. area the 285 toyo is a great tire also without the issues of going big , ( mileage , plastic trimming , etc. )
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

when are the 2007's coming out? is the H3X going to be called 2007? or will there also be a 2007 H3?
2007 Black H3, Adventure Package, Chrome Appearance, Chrome Cross Bars, Moonroof, Tow Package, Chrome Tubular Assist Steps. "My golly, this is by far the best looking 2007 H3 you will ever never witness"

My H3 is gods gift to man.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by NEOCON1:
yea AZ im not all together right now trucks clean and still a few weeks till moab if i could just go into the future i have moab brain so cant be responsible for any posts over the next few weeks . im seeing red , red rock that is

Matt19, Moab...one more reason for the hummer over the other junk you mentioned. You couldn't even consider taking a commander or durango to moab in stock form. We just got back from tellico and we were the only new and/or stock vehicles out there running the tougher trails.

Think of it this way, most wheelers have a trail rig and a daily driver. All hummers are truly functional at both. Jeep Rubicon and Dodge power wagon are the only two vehicles that could even argue to be both trail rig and DD, but a rubicon has no space whatsoever, and the power wagon is too huge; bigger than H2.

If you are in college, it will be perfect for when you have to move or when everyone piles in you ride for road trips, or camping, etc.

If you think you will do offraoding (and you probably will start wheeling once you get one), get the adveture pkg. the crawl ratio is sick! and the locker is critical for rocks, hillclibs on tougher trails.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 PM

kennyosemite is off the scale

[/quote] hey kenny . . . the issues of going big , ( mileage , plastic trimming , etc. )[/quote]
Neo ~ what plastic did you trim on the inside of your front wheel wells. I remember you saying somewhere in this thread the TOYO 315s are great if you can live with the rubbing. Is that AFTER the trim, or before?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 PM

AZH3  is off the scale

I'm such a loser. I don't even deserve to be here.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan06SUT:
If you think you will do offraoding (and you probably will start wheeling once you get one),...

Alan is right, you will start when you get it. I only had 1,100 miles on mine when I headed to Tellico. I more than double my mileage just getting there and back

Also, as he mentioned, most everything up there was modified. Here is a pic of one of the cooler ones we saw.
Attached Images

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights