H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nmikes:
How would you characterize the success of hope. Do you think the program could be even more successful by involving more local law enforcement (i.e. sheriff's departments) in addition to just the 'Red Cross'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nmikes,

My only knowledge of HOPE is from the Hummer literature. Would you mind providing more insight into your question. You mentioned involving the local law enforcement. This sounds good. Are there any other possible organizational inclusions with HOPE? How about on the flip side, are there any legal issues/problems with HOPE. For example, if a hummer owner is actively angaged in providing relief with a Red Cross agent and something tragic happens, are there a ton of lawyers waiting to sue everybody? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in Seattle and they have a pretty active volunteer search and rescue organization that works independantly but in close coordination with the sheriff's department (KCSAR 4x4). I know that when I was involved with them, getting called out to transport SAR crews the liability fell to the county for any mishaps like, if you were dragging a parts of a body to a vehicle for transport and got body gunk on you, your clothes would be classified as a bio hazard... they'd go in one of those bright bags with the scarey symbal and eventually incinerated, the county/state would pay to have them replaced. Same would go for your vehicle if it was damaged on a mission, the county would foot the bill for repairs probably the most common was cracked windshields and torn up tires. On missions you and your vehicle actually fell under the state, you personally could not be held liable. Like the nurse that walked into the tail blade of the helicopter once... the pilot or the on-scene commander couldn't be sued as individuals. Now I would believe the same would hold true for the Red Cross... any mishaps Red Cross is liable... wich is why you can't just show up in a disaster and expect to be directly involved. Its to protect you as much as it is them. But it would vary from county to state on how the insurance terms are drafted. I know first hand that this can be a valuable way for people to get involved... even doing street searches for alzheimer's patients and/or responding to amber alerts.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
How does she feel about the success of the H3?

Were they pepared for the cannibalization of both the H2 and H1 Alpha?

What vehicle/marketing changes will they make, in hopes to recover the H2 and H1 markets?

Oh and before you ask, here are the overall numbers....posted by f5fstop:

December 2005 Hummer Sales:
H1 35
H2 2109
H3 5935

December 2004 Hummer Sales:
H1 57 (down 38.6%)
H2 3757 (down 43.9%)
H3 No 2004 Sales

January 2005-December 2005 Sales:
H1 374
H2 23,213
H3 33,140

January 2004-December 2004 Sales:
H1 447 (down 16.3%)
H2 28,898 (down 19.7%)
H3 No Sales

Total Hummer Sales:
2005 56,727
2004 29,345
Total 2005 Sales up 93.3% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think the H3 cannibilized the H1? I agree with the H2, but find it hard to think that someone who was going to spend 130k+ for a vehicle, would opt for a H3. As much as I love my H3, I would have gone for the H1 (if I had the money ).
Old 01-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DWPC:
GM really hit the rugged 4x4 mark with the H3, but is marketing it as no more than a hip Explorer or an over-sized Civic. Why is the H3, a US-made true offroad 4x4, mainly marketed as a platform for DVD players and party animals? Why don't they show that it can actually go places that my father's Buick couldn't? Why aren't they going head to head with Jeep and Land Rover? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked something very similar of one of GM's execs who is involved in the Hummer line. I was told that the even though the H3 has superior off road capability, they feel that most people will never take the vehicle off-road. I then asked why is there a $1000 premium on the GM extended warranty if only a small percentage were going to take the H3 off-road and abuse it, which means the extremely rugged/over designed H3 should be more reliable and fail less. He didn't realize that the H3 had a $1000 warranty surcharge. Two weeks later it was lowered to $500.

There is a commercial running here that shows the H3 going down a steep snow covered hill. That's about all that I have seen that demonstrates its off-road ability.

If you look a some of Susan's previous projects, you'll see that she knows the target market segment pretty well even though the H3 was started before she came to the Hummer line.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 PM

Adam^_^ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:
What is the cost going to be for the new Orange on the H3? (85U-Sunburst Orange Metallic)

What is the availabilty going to be on power seats in the adventure and base packages this year?
(AG1-Seat Adjuster (Driver),AG2-Seat Adjuster (Passenger))

Is the Imperial Blue going to be a special edition? (37U-Imperial Blue Met)

What exactly is the Street Performance Package? (HH3-Street Performance Pkg)

Just curious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

x2 and of course engine changes
Old 01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
How does she feel about the success of the H3?

Were they pepared for the cannibalization of both the H2 and H1 Alpha?

What vehicle/marketing changes will they make, in hopes to recover the H2 and H1 markets?

Oh and before you ask, here are the overall numbers....posted by f5fstop:

December 2005 Hummer Sales:
H1 35
H2 2109
H3 5935

December 2004 Hummer Sales:
H1 57 (down 38.6%)
H2 3757 (down 43.9%)
H3 No 2004 Sales

January 2005-December 2005 Sales:
H1 374
H2 23,213
H3 33,140

January 2004-December 2004 Sales:
H1 447 (down 16.3%)
H2 28,898 (down 19.7%)
H3 No Sales

Total Hummer Sales:
2005 56,727
2004 29,345
Total 2005 Sales up 93.3% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you think the H3 cannibilized the H1? I agree with the H2, but find it hard to think that someone who was going to spend 130k+ for a vehicle, would opt for a H3. As much as I love my H3, I would have gone for the H1 (if I had the money ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with your thought process, I would have bought one as well if I could have, but as a sales manager, I would say that a 16.3% decrease in sales might be at least partially due to the launch of the H3. Numbers always tell the story.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i also think it goes both ways . just getting more traffic in dealerships with the H3 debut creates more interest & sales in all H models
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Not knowing for sure, didn't the H1 have a hugh price increase when the Alpha came out in '06?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

the H2 is is old and the H1 is way to high of price point to look at numbers. Until the H2 has a design change it will continue to slide (goin on 4 yrs old) they are hoping special editions and accessories will propell sales wile they figure out how to spend the money. Don't look for major changes untill 08 for the H2 but the pick-up H2 (full size will hit 07)
She is a nice/smart lady and knows how to market this brand (she comes from Caddy) but design and vision is left to others.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Steve - SanJose

No doubt Hummer is enjoying success in 2005 largely because of the H3.

And Hummer is aware of who's buying the H3 too. I am a perfect example of the H3 buyer, somebody who would never considered buying a GM truck before and traded in a non-GM product. The H1 and H2 were not on my list to replace my previous SUV. The H3 is the right size, price, quality, image, reasonable gas mileage with proven offroad abiilty.

S.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:56 PM

Aqualight is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve-SanJose-H3:
No doubt Hummer is enjoying success in 2005 largely because of the H3.

And Hummer is aware of who's buying the H3 too. I am a perfect example of the H3 buyer, somebody who would never considered buying a GM truck before and traded in a non-GM product. The H1 and H2 were not on my list to replace my previous SUV. The H3 is the right size, price, quality, image, reasonable gas mileage with proven offroad abiilty.

S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are so right with that comment. I swore I would never buy an American car until I saw the H3 and test drove/purchased one!. I traded in my 03 VW Golf for it. I'm pulling for GM now!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
How about asking her to give a deal on the headreast dvd's to those of us who bought before the promotion.Maybee a voucher in the mail </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChevyHighPerformance:
If our schedules line up, I have a chance to talk to Susan Docherty (GM of Hummer). Are there any reasonable questions that you would want answered? Please post your questions in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Does she prefer it on top? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll ask.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Steve - SanJose

"reasonable questions" takes on a new meaning here, I guess.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Steve - SanJose

I asked something very similar of one of GM's execs who is involved in the Hummer line. I was told that the even though the H3 has superior off road capability, they feel that most people will never take the vehicle off-road. I then asked why is there a $1000 premium on the GM extended warranty if only a small percentage were going to take the H3 off-road and abuse it, which means the extremely rugged/over designed H3 should be more reliable and fail less. He didn't realize that the H3 had a $1000 warranty surcharge. Two weeks later it was lowered to $500.

There is a commercial running here that shows the H3 going down a steep snow covered hill. That's about all that I have seen that demonstrates its off-road ability.

If you look a some of Susan's previous projects, you'll see that she knows the target market segment pretty well even though the H3 was started before she came to the Hummer line.[/quote]

Susan was with Cadillac before. And Cadillac's turnaround is largely due to pimped Escalades (tarted up Tahoes/badge engineering at its best). Very lucrative, cannot deny the profit contributions. Hummer enjoys similar profits due to sales to people that will never take their vehicle offroad.

Business is business. And this is far more lucrative than selling mediocre cars to rental car companies.

S.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

Diesel, Diesel, Diesel.

I hope she doesn't make the same mistake as GMC/Chevy did with the Yukon, Tahoe. They redesign the truck and do not offer the damn engine. The problem is not the public not wanting a diesel the problem is the public not knowing WHY they NEED the engine. Hell Jeep is doing it with the liberty but then again they have more european thinking where as GM does not. Getting the H3 diesel engine from oversees use and having it passed can't be that hard.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

TA8088 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
How about asking her to give a deal on the headreast dvd's to those of us who bought before the promotion.Maybee a voucher in the mail </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Was disappointed that just a couple of weeks after I got mine they offered such a sweet deal on these. I'm still waiting on my GM gas card as well. Has anyone gotten a gas card yet?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TA8088:

Same here. Was disappointed that just a couple of weeks after I got mine they offered such a sweet deal on these. I'm still waiting on my GM gas card as well. Has anyone gotten a gas card yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is the same gas card promo that Cadillac is doing then yes. My dad picked up an SRX back in mid november and we got the cards last week. Even better he gave my wife one of them since he and I do not pay for gas
Old 01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TA8088:

Same here. Was disappointed that just a couple of weeks after I got mine they offered such a sweet deal on these. I'm still waiting on my GM gas card as well. Has anyone gotten a gas card yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be nice if us early adopters were rewarded for a change instaad of getting shafted. We're the ones who come here (and other sites) and pump up the H3, driving up sales. Wouldn't it be a nice gesture on GM's part if they offered us the DVD players at cost (or slightly over) to thank us for supporting the company and helping build their positive reputation? Who's with me?!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Who's with me?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt that would be very sweet.

At some point my resistance will collapse and I'll just go and have my dealer install a set regardless of the $.