H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-22-2006, 03:21 PM

Big Red is off the scale

well hopefully someone see's my ad! If you guys know of anyone who's looking, send them my way!!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ebay is the way to go when selling a vehicle!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3less is off the scale

Keep the H3, buy a bike...best of both worlds. I did it, I am just moving from a jeep to the H3, but I'm not getting rid of the scooter!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by x-humm:
Hey Big Red,
Don't feel bad. I had to sell mine also. I was very surprised when I sold it. It sold in one day. I guy from "Slovenia" bought it. He's shipping it over there. I received a lot of calls from Japan, Europe and other states. I wish, I would've have more to sell.

Have you already shipped your H3 to him? Did he pay you extra so that you would use the money to arrange the shipping?
The reason I ask is that there is a scam going on where someone (out of the country) offers to buy your vehicle and will send you a cashiers check for a higher amount. You are supposed to deposit the check and use the extra amount to ship the vehicle somewhere. The problem is that after you pay (usually several thousands) for the shipping and the vehicle has left, the bank denies the check because it is counterfeit. Then you are out the cost of shipping and the vehicle.
I had several of these offers when I tried to sell my last truck. Just thought I would let you know.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same thing happen when selling a Boxster on Ebay. Was very cautious from the start and when I got the cashiers check it was obviously a fake. Call the bank it was drawn on just to confirm and of course it was a fake. Wasn't out anything so didn't really bother me. Based on emails back and forth prior to this I figured he was trying to rip me off but followed through just in case I was wrong.

Of course he never replied to my email that I received his counterfeit cashiers check

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

Scam-a-rama.

I have been appointed to represent the estate of Sir Thisnthat Fruadumenta. Well mister Fraudumenta passed away and left behind $5M us dollars but he has no hiers and the money is sitting in the bank of Botswana. They refuse to release the money unless there is a US Representative who can sign for it. If you kindly send my $10,000 then I will be able to get all the paperwork done and we will then be able to settle the account. For your trouble I will igve you Half of themoney. Very kindly send the money to mister Rippinuhoff care of Nigerian Legal cousel.

Did it sound like that?
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 PM

Chaugar is off the scale

Big Red. How about the new lexus IS 250 or 350 sports sedan. Fast car with all the ammenities and reliability. the technology and GPS system is awesome. It's a toss up for me right now. What to get? The H3 or the lexus IS. My heart says H3, but for the $, you get way more with the IS. Buy the IS now, and pick up a use H3 next year?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
I had the same thing happen when selling a Boxster on Ebay. Was very cautious from the start and when I got the cashiers check it was obviously a fake. Call the bank it was drawn on just to confirm and of course it was a fake. Wasn't out anything so didn't really bother me. Based on emails back and forth prior to this I figured he was trying to rip me off but followed through just in case I was wrong.

Of course he never replied to my email that I received his counterfeit cashiers check

X2- fawk those overseas scammers.

Keep the truck- buy a bike. and an H2 also. Than you have your fullsize, midsize and FAST ride.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:05 AM

Big Red is off the scale

yeah thats complete bulls**t, i almost bought a brand new Kawasaki ZX6-R from a guy in italy for like $2800. I heard about the overseas scams and called him out on it.....no reply, what a fag, anyways, I HAVE already made up my mind on the STI, Steel grey, its badass, so someone buy the h3!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:33 AM

Big Red is off the scale

AUTOTRADER AD

Here is the link for the autotrader ad, tell all your friends!! LOL
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by x-humm:
Hey Big Red,
Don't feel bad. I had to sell mine also. I was very surprised when I sold it. It sold in one day. I guy from "Slovenia" bought it. He's shipping it over there. I received a lot of calls from Japan, Europe and other states. I wish, I would've have more to sell.

I hope you're waiting until the check clears!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

gc2488 is off the scale

Chaugar, those Lexus models are not
all-wheel-drive, are they?

Infiniti sells the all-wheel-drive G35x sedan
but the really sporty version, the G35 Coupe
is not offered with all-wheel-drive.
(It's closely related to the Nissan 350Z
which is also not available with all-wheel-drive.)
Old 02-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Chaugar is off the scale

yeah, yeah. The IS 250 (V6 204 HP) comes in..
both RWD and AWD.
while the IS 350 (V6 306 HP) is just RWD (i believe). It's about a 2K diff. to step up. Most people say it's worth it.
Cool Techy stuff: You walk up to it with key in pocket and it unlocks the drivers side. Get in, foot on brake and push the start button & Vroommm...The inside is very plush & lux. Dials light up light blue (very cool). I have an elcipse Nav system in my 04 F-150 and the newest Nav in the Range Rover Sport 06 and the new Lexus Nav beats them both. some voice commands, very cool looking icons, maps, lots of usable POIs (unlike my 60K Range Rover Sport). But then again, I didn't buy it just for the Nav either. anyway, I know this is a H3 forum, so enough about the other vehicles out there.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:46 PM

Chaugar is off the scale

Oh one more. The point I am making is that this sport sedan, although relatively small and cramped for big people is the ****! I had an 02 bmw 325 which I loved, but with lexus you get it all. IMO, the drive and cornering is 90% as good as BMW and you get all the extras including the reliability.

Fast, good looks, luxury!, Lexus reliability, awesome techy stuff (awesome Nav, Bluetooth, Back up camara, plays DVD audio, has input jack for your MP3 player, seats are heated and cooled, rain sensing wipers, etc). for about 44K loaded for the 350, and 41,500 for the 250. Without all the techy stuff, it's about 8k less for a base model. Still a sweet vehicle. You gotta test drive them if you haven't.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Steve - SanJose

Selling a vehicle in the first year is very expensive (depreciation, tax, license). Consider keepiug it and buying a certified preowned sports sedan.

S.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You're absolutely right about selling a vehicle that new.I'm afraid that price is way too high even though it is an awesome vehicle.You're going to be surprised what it's actually worth.I agree with Steve,consider keeping it if possible.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 AM

Big Red is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by phantom2:
You're absolutely right about selling a vehicle that new.I'm afraid that price is way too high even though it is an awesome vehicle.You're going to be surprised what it's actually worth.I agree with Steve,consider keeping it if possible.

My truck was almost $39,000 new, its got not even 3000 miles on it, i didnt think these trucks depreciated that quickly. I thought the asking price was reasonable.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:26 AM
Steve - SanJose

Maybe the asking price is okay, but some flexibility will be required in the negotiation of final price. The market and supply has changed somewhat. Production is up, supplies are up, and more people are getting significant discounts off of MSRP. All this impacts first year depreciation.

S.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:59 AM

Big Red is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve-SanJose-H3:
Maybe the asking price is okay, but some flexibility will be required in the negotiation of final price. The market and supply has changed somewhat. Production is up, supplies are up, and more people are getting significant discounts off of MSRP. All this impacts first year depreciation.

S.

Gotcha! Hopefully the guy i talked to today still wants the truck!!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:03 AM

Big Red is off the scale

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know i am lowering the price to $34,000.

still 2k miles