H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-27-2003, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Ah heck.....this is all my fault!!!!!

When I went to their research survey, I spent entirely way too much time hitting their free food/drink area and not enough time telling them how dumb their new ideas were.

My bad....I'll make it up to ya'll in '05

The nav looks tight, I hear it's a simple change-out so we can get it.

The steering wheel, which I saw and bitched about, is cheesy...and correct me if I'm wrong, but does that center cup-holder thingy look like dog bowls????

The antenna on the side looks like a high-school kids $20 gift-certificate at Pep Boys put to good use!

And of course, the complete omission of a proper licorice dispenser sickens me!!!

I wonder....I wonder what Webman would say?
Old 09-27-2003, 09:15 AM

TJ is off the scale

Thanks to Detonate and csx164 for all the photos...I have definitely changed my mind about buying a 2004 now!!!

I don't like the steering wheel at all. You're right, it does look like it's something that belongs in a KIA...way too cheesy to be in a Hummer H2.

I expected better on the NAV system. Can't play CDs while using the NAV? What in the world was GM thinking? My 6-CD changer is way too important to me, and I'm also not very impressed with that retrofit look.

The rear cup holder is, well, what can I say? I am at a total loss for words...I bet my dog would like it though, one for water and the other for a little meal on the road

And I wonder whose bright idea it was to mount the antenna on the side vent? The side vent?!!! GM must have been up all night working on that one!

Just guessing, but I bet it still doesn't have a hood prop, under hood light, or clothes hanger hooks. When I go into the dealer this next week, I'm going to have to take a look at one of these...seeing is believing and I just can't believe it!

P.S. - Steve, you're fired!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:59 AM

Detonate is off the scale

There are no clothes hanger hooks for sure. That was one of the first things I noticed.

I'm surprised so many people don't like the Nav system. I love it.

It was easy to use, easy to read, the system responded fast to calculating routes. I should have test drove one to try it out while moving, but didn't bother.

Maybe it's just becuase I don't listen to CDs very often, or maybe it's because I don't really use a GPS that often, but I just don't understand the uproar about not being able to NAV and play CDs at the same time. Personally, if I was wanting to hear the Nav Lady giving me directions, I wouldn't be jamming out to Metallica CDs anyway.

As far as the retro fit goes, here is what the dealer told me, so take it with a grain of salt.

The radio and the OnStar are tied in together. And the OnStar is coded on a per vehicle basis. So retrofitting is not going to be easy and would require some 3rd party parts of some sort.

He also mentioned that there are outputs on the back of the stereo if you decided to hook up a CD changer to factory stereo.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 09-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

While using the NAV and listening to the radio, will the radio volume lower itself when the NAV voice come on to tell you your next turn?
Also, do you happen to know what kind of multi cd changer could be plugged in to the inputs on the back of the DVD NAV Radio and if so can CD's in the Multi CD Changer be controled by the radio controls and can the CD's be listened to while using the NAV?
Lots of ??? sorry!

Old 09-27-2003, 01:44 PM

ICEMAN is off the scale

Detonate,
Does your rear seat come with a shoulder belt?
Also my other question which I can't get answered by the H2 helpline..
Does the rear seat have the setup for a third LATCH safety seat?
That's my main holdback on buying one..I want to make sure my baby is safe back there..

Thanks
Larry
Old 09-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Circuitguy

Look on the bright side, Now it comes with plastic plugs for the fromt and rear hitch! If that matters... Where is the XM radio? Even a base model chevy truck has a XM option! Damm! BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 09-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Why can't american car makers get their **** together and build a decent interior. I honestly believe that the reason I am not driving an H2 right now is because my wife was not at all impressed with the interior. I drive an Audi and she drives a VW Jetta. The interiors in both of those cars just blows the interior of the H2 away.
In my opinion the exterior of the H2 is just head and shoulders above anything else on the road and the performance of the truck makes up for the inadequacies inside, thus justifying the price but it would be nice to see that they were making some progress on the interior. It also sure would help in my ongoing negotiations with my wife.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I said it in the other thread, I feel bad for the poor bastard that buys the 04. Quite the downgrade. If this is what they did, imagine the shortcuts in the areas you can't see?

The NAV is the first clue. What a dissapointing piece of ****. With all the money we spend, GM should try not to **** it up. Who cares if sales go down because of this.
02 and 03 models are definately better.

Now I realize that the H3 will be just as disappointing(I hope I'm wrong).

As for the antenna on the side vent, I imagine alot are going to be TORN off by those elf freaks(too exposed and vunerable).

04 H2 downgraded...GREAT!...More...definately more fuel for the trolls...sigh...

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

RMST, Hummer interior is exceptionally comfortable, functional, handsome and well put together. I have no intention to change your mind or convince you otherwise, obviously German interiors are what fit your taste for the time being, stick with People's cars(VW). Hummer interior fits the image and style of the Hummer exactly right.

The 04 change is good news for all 03 owners, glad they did a half-hearted poor job, that helps to maintain the value of 03 Hummers, I've been worrying that Hummer may do too good a job on the 04. Every auto maker is obligated to make some change to their cars every year, often meaningless small changes like these. I am just very surprised how trivia, irrelevant and ugly the changes are. You would think with all the money and people they have at Hummer or GM, they'd know better. Or maybe this is due to the fact that 03 Hummer is simply too nice or too perfect, how do you improve Mona Lisa?
Old 09-27-2003, 05:06 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Like I said.........

Look at the bright side, It cant hurt the resale value of the 03. The worst thing a manufacturer can do to their customers is to make drastic changes in body styles and features. Thats how you kill the resale market for your own customer base.

Im happy to see minimal changes and from what I have seen so far we(03 owners)are looking better for a trade in or sale.

Look at the H1, Props to Hummer for sticking with a good design for over 10 years and look at the resale value they have (except for the new ones). If you bought a 02 H1 you have something to complailn about.....like a $30,000 price cut when they introduced the H2. Just think if they did that to the H2 buyer this early into the game......can you say planned obsolescence???
Old 09-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Look for big changes in 05, possibly new engine maybe even losing the solid rear axle. 2004 is prep work for 05 so they can have more time to feel out the market.

I hate the steering wheel, my 03 is the tan insert and looks much more bold. I'm not even going to talk about the nav system. You can buy two streetpilots III for that price and they absolutely rock! Dennis probably has the best point about the new antenna. They are just asking to be pulled off by the local elf dickhead. I'm still having fun with what I have done to my 03 H2:

Sirius Satellite Radio
Warn xd9000i winch wired front and rear
AM General 5' basket roof rack
Cobra mobile CB with 3' whip antenna
20,000 lb. tow straps
and my favorite, the level-meter that tells me the degree of incline.

Nope, no major cutting or engine changes just things to make my H2 more functional on and off-road.

Soon to have:

Chromeolly tie-rods
New air bag system adjustable from 1-5" in lift with 4500 lb. bags vs. stock 1800lb.

I still love Hummers and actually leave my business cards on ones I see around town inviting them to this forum and our SoCal runs.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
.New air bag system adjustable from 1-5" in lift with 4500 lb. bags vs. stock 1800lb.
.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buckeye,

Can you share this tasty info...more details?
Stock lift was 2"...Are you saying this one will be 5"?????Did I read that right?

Oh and by the way my WARN 9000i was rewired so I can disconnect elecrical from front to back finally!(Bought a hard wired model.)

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-28-2003, 01:43 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis,

Here is my understanding from the Hummer Guru here in L.A (also wired my winch for me and helped to get me unstuck on our last run), the stock air bags are rated at 1800 lbs., which according to him is insufficient for the H2's weight, hence the frequent ass dragging we read about. The bags he is getting me are rated at 4500 lbs. (give or take) and the system is adjustable meaning I can select how much additional clearance I need up to 5". Now some have said that doesn't sound right but I will find out next week when I get it installed. For me, this is a nice upgrade and should be rather dandy on the trail! Know that I am currently running on regular springs, which I opted for for numerous reasons and have had no problems on the trail whatsoever (frequent driver error excluded). He is also installing a heavier duty air compressor. Many pics will follow. I hope to have it done next week.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

*CLICK* " Notify me of new posts by Buckeye Hummer"

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-28-2003, 11:30 PM

HappyJack is off the scale

The nav looks so nice, I wish I could add it to my 2003. I too wish it would play a CD while in nav mode but maybe there will be an after market adapter for a cd changer.

Cheers

[ formerly known as wannabe and wannabeinit ]
Old 09-28-2003, 11:39 PM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Can't wait to see that air bag stuff.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

OLE YLLR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey gang, I was talking to a Hummer Rep and the only reason for the antena change was that they had too many customer complaints about the 2003 model getting folded down by low branches and getting poor radio reception, hence the change.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

Better folded in my opinion - than ripped/torn off....
Old 09-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Tucson Beast

I put in an after market NAV system along with a rear camera. I can play my radio-CDs at the same time I am using the NAV system or camera. I placed the monitor at the end of the small roof console (I have sunroof) - it looks like it belongs there as original equipment (it is natural to look up at that screen position).

The NAV system is the Pioneer AVIC-80DVD with a slick Pioneer monitor AVD-W6210. If you want pictures let me know - I will be away from forum until weekend - I can post pictures at that time.

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 09-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

Tucson,

Yes please! PICS PICS PICS! I think I have the same setup as yours too.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

[This message was edited by DennisAJC on 09-29-03 at 02:22 PM.]

My Video Collectionez