H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Customized H3's...your thoughts?

My personal preference.
Buy bone stock, and build it yourself!
The dealer charges to much $$!
And I'm sorry but, if they where to make it like the brush guard it would all be sh**. My two cents!

NO BLING!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Elcova Newbie

BCundiff is on a distinguished road

Haha! This is great stuff guys! Im with you on not adding chrome. Unfortunately we will probably not stop adding chrome since a lot of people love that stuff. I definately would like to make a adventure type model like the one that you're describing though! Keep in mind that I can't go too crazy beacause I have to make sure that someone buys it! If I outfitted one with some of the offroad gear that you all have mentioned, do you truly think I would have buyers? Thanks for the help everyone!

-Bill
Old 09-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I oculd send you photos of mine, with the after market accessories I wish could have been included, as well as the OEM accessories that should have been included.

A listing entails

A "real" Brush Guard
Rear Bumper Bar (but one with towing capacity, unlike the aftermarket one I have that some dip**** designed to block tow receiver access)
Underbody Armor
Increased drive line, skid plate protection for installation over the underbody guards.
Rubber Floor Mats throughout including rear
Roof Rack with CROSSBARs and Ladder
Front locker

I realize you can not include everything for a reasonable price/demand scenario, but readily available options would be nice. I mean, I had to pay a significant expense to have the off road lights installed as opposed to the marker lights that had been placed on an Adventure Package??

Also, the inverter is nice and I do have one installed in my rear, passenger storage compartment. The air compressor also is a good idea, I think the winch would get some sales as well, and the locking gas cap should be a mandatory device on all H3s regardless of package. Also, levelling the H3 should be a given for the Adventure package. If asking about redesign, a cubby hole up front for personal items, an indented dash for other items, an overhead visor compartment type deal, and relocated window and lock switches also would be driver friendly. A lockable storage comaprtment also would be nice for the basics like whiskey, a hog leg, and jerky!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCundiff
Haha! This is great stuff guys! I'm with you on not adding chrome. Unfortunately we will probably not stop adding chrome since a lot of people love that stuff. I definitely would like to make a adventure type model like the one that you're describing though! Keep in mind that I can't go too crazy because I have to make sure that someone buys it! If I outfitted one with some of the off road gear that you all have mentioned, do you truly think I would have buyers? Thanks for the help everyone!

-Bill

There are alot of people that love off-roading or, at least the look!
When I sold my 4runner (a purpose built 4x4, NO BLING!) I had tons of people interested in buying it, a matter of fact, it turned into a biding war!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

ROADNOTCA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCundiff
Haha! This is great stuff guys! Im with you on not adding chrome. Unfortunately we will probably not stop adding chrome since a lot of people love that stuff. I definately would like to make a adventure type model like the one that you're describing though! Keep in mind that I can't go too crazy beacause I have to make sure that someone buys it! If I outfitted one with some of the offroad gear that you all have mentioned, do you truly think I would have buyers? Thanks for the help everyone!

-Bill
Bill, obviously this crowd is not representative of your local clientele. I bought my H3 from one of your competiters, because they are very local to me. My local posers are probably not much different than yours, but around here properly snoot is any Rover product. Only Rover bling will do. No signs at all of any Off Roading, always clean, etc. So the other H3s I see are Mall cruisers also, definetely the factory chrome and leather pkg., but nothing more. All proper you see.