H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Post accident (3)...
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2002, 02:23 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Had I not see the jeep and the Honda, I would have thought that this H2 had been in a moderate fender-bender. It came through in REMARKABLE condition! Thank God AZ Hummerboy and family were in this vehicle!

Kelley
Old 12-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

AZ, does not look that bad from the photos, I hope your insurance is willing to total it, not force you to fix it, often insurance companies do that. If they can fix it for $10K, $20K or even $30K, they would rather do that.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:53 PM

SONA is off the scale

That is so totally cool, hardley the damage I would have expected after seeing the jeep. I love my Hummer even more now. Hang in there and remember that posts on the web lack any personal touch, are easily mis read, and often do not portray the message intended. Good luck AZ Hummer dude and wife.

"Let me show you my gun collection"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-24-2002, 10:56 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

That H2 HELD UP really well and I feel very secure driving mine. This must been some impact after seeing the jeep and the other car. Glad you are both alright, but it does look like you were in good hands with HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2002, 03:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

The more I look at the picture of the accident, the more I thank God that my Wife and I are alife. We were hit at 60 MPH, by a Drunk Driver. I am living with a lot of pain now, and now I have to use a cane to walk with, but I am lucky to still be alive. The wife and I are looking forward to getting the New Hummer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2002, 01:15 AM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

What a troll to post something so rude!

Anyhoo...The hummer seems to have held up well and I am very impressed that the H2 was hit at such a high speed and barely looks nicked.
WOW!! But I know you have one heck of a whiplash from the impact. Pretty much like hitting a brick wall I guess.

Glad you two are okay and I know you are missing your Rig.

~amy
HummerGirl's Home Page
Old 12-26-2002, 11:45 PM

JJ is off the scale

I pray that you and your wife recover completely - thank god you were in the Hummer.

There must have been some significant frame damage to warrant the high repair estimation you posted earlier (I think you said it was $35K and climbing).

JJ
Old 12-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

We just got back, from a 3 hour visit with the body shop. My Ins Company All State will not totalled out my Hummer intill they get the damage up to 60 % of the vehicle cost. So the body show told me they are going to have to strip my vehicle down all the way, and then put it on a frame machine and go from there. They said they will have to build the vehicle from the ground up, and look for damage as they go. it could take them as long as 4 months to rebuild it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Ins companys suck's when it comes to getting things fixed or replace.
Old 12-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

When I saw your Hummer pictures, the first thought came to my mind was, Oh, no, they are NOT going to total that Hummer. I don't know how you can fight the insurance company on this, but time to put on that thinking hat and no more Mr. Niceguy. 4 months in the shop, minimum plus, you make monthly payments, and it wasn't even your fault. Better make sure it doesn't get on your driving record, it happens. Keep record of everything. Ask and demand, they can always say NO. You got nothing to lose. Good luck.

Just looking at the pictures, there maybe NO frame damage. The damages seemed to be body, bumper and glass, plus intereior damages. If the body shop discovers any frame damage, maybe that's fighting stick you can use with insurance company to demand "total".
Old 12-27-2002, 11:39 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Oh that is ridiculous. Don't get me started on these stupid insurance companies. And the health care insurance agencies are on my list of top 3 agencies I loathe as well.

Okay, putting all lady-likeness away for the moment:

But if the majority of dumbasses would learn to drive carefully and not like maniacs we all would not have to pay such high premiums or deal with absurdities.

I have to stop here or I will have an anxiety attack getting so worked up over issues like this.

Down, Girl, Down...

~amy
HummerGirl's Home Page
Old 12-28-2002, 03:33 AM

JJ is off the scale

Not to pour fuel on the fire but a few things to ponder and question...
Why is YOUR insurance paying for this? Shouldn't the drunk S@%'s insurance be paying for damages and worried about you and your wife's health... Are there other legal options you have to insure you and your wife's health as well as getting your H2 replaced with a new one?

Second, have you thought about inquiring to Gm/AM Gen on the rebuild approach your body shop plans to take? That is, what would GM recommend and what will happen to the balance of your vehicle warranty if they don't total that H2 out? I'd hate to see future issues turn into finger pointing between the body shop and GM....

JJ
Old 12-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Saw a spot on CBS national news tonight featuring ALLSTATE and their assigned body shop and poor quality dangerous work, such as frame never repaired as required. Some states are going after them. 2 parts story, but did not see the first one last night.

If I remember correctly, usually your own insurance company will take care you and they go after the bad guy and his/her insurance company for the money.